Ch 10

With All My Heart: "A Dream Come True" Sequel

This was, interesting to write, simply because it was mostly narration rather than dialouge. Forgive me if it isn't any good, I'm experimenting with a different writing style.

Reagan’s POV

I stood there between Nikki and Lizzy as I watched the EMTs put him on a backboard and then place him on a stretcher. They wheeled him past me, he was still unconscious. It took everything I had not to follow them, I couldn’t let anybody know that he was my boyfriend. It was killing me, I needed to be with him, be able to touch him, to tell him he would be ok. I felt the shock wearing off, leaving behind raw worry and pain. What if he had broken a leg? What if he had broken his neck? Or worse, what if he would never wake up? As these possibilities ran through my head I felt tears burning in the back of my eyes.

The rest of the guys were walking off the stage now. I watched as Nikki pulled a teary eyed Donghae into a tight hug. This sent a wave of pain through me as I knew that I couldn’t hold the one that was in so much pain right now. This sent the tears which I had kept at bay flowing, followed by hard sobs.

They all looked at me, not really knowing what to do. Finally, Sungmin came up to me and wrapped his arms around me, my hair and rubbing my back while telling me it was going to be alright.

“B-but, w-what if…” I started to say, but the words got choked up in my sobs and Sungmin only held onto me tighter.

“Reagan.” A soft, angelic voice called out to me, I knew it was Leeteuk even though I had my face buried in Sungmin’s shoulder.

“W-what?” I managed to get out and turned my face to the side so that I could look at him, not letting go of Sungmin.

“We are going to go to the hospital, you can come if you like.” He told me in a soothing voice, my hair in a brotherly fashion.

I just nodded and pulled away from Sungmin, wiping my tears away.

“Come on.” Sungmin said softly in my ear and took my hand, guiding me towards the van where everybody was waiting.

I climbed in and sat down between Sungmin and Nikki. She gave my hand a light squeeze and gave me an apologetic look before turning her attention back to Donghae, who was sobbing like a child. I lay my head down on Sungmin’s shoulder and he put his arm around my shoulder. I was glad to know that I wasn’t alone in this, we were all worried.

I closed my eyes, trying to keep fresh tears from falling. I hated crying in public, even if it was with some of my closest friends over something that upset all of us. I forced myself to push the pain away, locking it up in a box somewhere deep in my heart where I could deal with it later, if at all. I felt myself go numb, no longer feeling anything. I hated doing this, but if I was going to see Eunhyuk I knew I had to. I wouldn’t last a minute in a room with him if I didn’t.

When I finally opened my eyes we were at the hospital, at a back entrance actually. It was sad how everything Super Junior did had to be kept a secret. Although, this accident was probably all over the world already as it had been on a live performance.

 I followed the group to a hospital room where everybody managed to squeeze inside. There was a doctor in there, and he was explaining the extent of his injuries. He said that he had broken his right leg, which had already been put in a cast, and that he was in a coma because he had hit his head. I winced at this last part, the broken leg I could deal with, it would heal, but the coma? Who knew what the extent of that injury would be. A coma meant that his brain had been rattled, and he probably had a concussion at the very least. I shook my head to clear the thought of Eunhyuk waking up and not remembering anything, who I was, who the guys were, who he was.

I drew in a quick, audible breath and started shaking, trying to keep from crying. The boy standing next to me pulled me to him, helping to support me. It was still Sungmin.

After the doctor left, each of the members took turns hugging Eunhyuk’s motionless body and giving him a kiss. It was nice to know how loved he was, if only he could see it. He would probably die of embarrassment. I let out a low laugh to myself at this thought, thankfully nobody could hear it. After the guys hugged him they left the room. I was the last one in there, even Sungmin had left after asking if I wanted to be alone with him.

I pulled a chair over to his bed and sat down. I picked up his hand gently and kissed it.

“Why? I told you to be more careful. Why did you have to fall? Why couldn’t it have just gone as planned? We could be celebrating right now. Why does life have to be so cruel?” I asked, knowing that I wouldn’t get any answer.

I stared at his face, it was untouched by the accident. If I didn’t know any better, I would have thought he was sleeping. He wasn’t sleeping though, I wasn’t staring at my sleeping monkey, waiting for him to wake up like I had many days. This was different, he was sleeping, but I didn’t know when he was going to wake up. This thought evoked a feeling of impatience. I didn’t know how long I was going to have to wait to see those eyes again, or hear his beautiful voice, or see his gummy smile.

Well, at least I had my answer now. I had my answer, and I didn’t like it one bit.

“Please wake up Hyukie. I need you. Donghae needs you. Super Junior needs you. Elfs need you.” I pleaded, fighting back my tears.

“I love you, so much. I wish I had never left, never gone back to America. I’m sorry I left you. Please don’t leave me, you promised me you weren’t going anywhere, remember?” I said begging, recalling the promise that had been made just a few nights before.

I started crying again at the memory, the tears shamelessly falling from my blood shot eyes. I didn’t care anymore. I used to be able to control my emotions, but ever since I fell for Eunhyuk I had lost control. I didn’t have control over my heart anymore, he did. That was why I was hurting so much right now, because I knew that he was hurting too.

I sobbed heavily, letting it out, letting it all out. The hurt, the worry, the anger, the annoyance. Every emotion I had ever felt came flooding out in those sobs, echoing throughout the room. I couldn’t take this, I felt so alone.

Just as I thought this I felt a pair of hands on my shoulders, I looked up to see Sungmin standing there with a pained expression on his face.

“Reagan, we are leaving now. You should come, Donghae is going to stay with him tonight.” He said, his voice barely more than a whisper.

I nodded, he was right. I sniffed and wiped my tears, he handed me a box of tissues, which I accepted with a weak grin. Once I had regained some of my composure I leaned in and gave Eunhyuk a gentle kiss on the lips, whispering in his ear that I loved him, and then followed Sungmin out of the room and back to the van.

Eunhyuk’s POV

I could hear somebody crying, it was what was pulling me out of the dream I had been having. It was an awful one, one where I fell off the lift during our farewell performance.

As the crying got harder I heard a voice. It was choked, but I would recognize it anywhere. It was Reagan’s. I suddenly felt a fire in my leg, and that was when I realized that it hadn’t been a dream, that it had actually happened.

The pain spread to my chest as I felt her take my hand and start talking to me. Telling me that she loved me, that she needed me. When she brought up the promise I had made her that night at the amusement park I tried to open my eyes, but my eye lids wouldn’t respond. I tried to make a noise, squeeze her hand, nothing worked. I just wanted to do something to let her know that I could hear her, and that it would be ok. I wanted to tell her that I loved her and that I wasn’t going anywhere, but my mouth wouldn’t move.

Suddenly, the fire in my leg increased and I let out an internal scream of pain. The fire overtook my body, making me see spots behind my eyes. My brain began to feel heavy, and I could feel myself slipping away. I didn’t want to go, but the groggy feeling was so much better than the fire. It was sloshy, almost like cool water waiting to put out the fire. I started to let it over come me, and the last thing I am conscious of his a pair of soft lips kissing mine before I dipped back down into the sea of unconsciousness.

Sungmin’s POV

I felt bad for her, I really did. We were all worried sick about Eunhyuk, but she was clearly taking it the hardest. I mean, she had just gotten back and now this? Life wasn’t fair. On the way back to the dorm she fell asleep, and I pulled her onto my shoulder so that she could be more comfortable. Her eyes twitched in her sleep, and I was sure that she was having a nightmare, probably about the one she was living right now.

When we got back to the dorm I carried her upstairs, not wanting to wake her. I took her into her room and set her gently down on the bed, pulling the blanket over her. I turned to leave but stopped when I heard her voice.

“Don’t leave me, please, I don’t want to be alone.” She said and I thought that she was talking in her sleep about Eunhyuk, but when I turned around I saw that her wet eyes were open wide and full of fear.

I walked back towards the bed and she moved over, making room for me. I lay down and pulled the blanket over me. Without hesitation she moved in close, burying her face in my chest and wrapped her arms around my waist. I rested my hands on her back and started rubbing them in soothing circles. I started humming and pretty soon I felt her breathing go even, as she drifted back to sleep.

Alright, you can probably see where this is going. So go grab your knives and pitchforks and get the angry mob together. :P