09

Haunted

I pulled away from Luhan and stared at the scene in front of me in horror. Baekhyun was alive. No, scratch that. He wasn't alive. He was undead.

I watched in terror as he gnawed away at the poor cemetery employees. "Oh my god," I barely whispered. I looked over my shoulder to see Luhan sprinting away, leaving me behind with this monster. "Thanks for leaving me behind!" I shouted out to him. I didn't realize the blunder I had made, until I heard a grunt next to me. 

I slowly turned my head and faced a terrifying Baekhyun. There was blood all over his mouth and chin and he smelled absolutely repulsive. "Thanks for screaming. I would have never even noticed that you were here," he said caressing the side of my face with his rough, bloody hand. I let out a shaky breath as he studied my face. "Why are you so scared?" he asked, still the side of my face. "It's just me," he whispered into my ear before hastily sinking his teeth into the side of my neck. 

---

"She seems to be recovering fine and will probably wake up soon. But it seems as though she has severe case of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. She's going to need to go through psychotherapy and she'll probably need to take some medications." 

I didn't know where I was and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't open my eyes. I couldn't even move. The only thing I could really do was listen to the conversation being held in the room I was in. I felt bad about the girl they were talking about though. She was definitely going to have a rough recovery. 

"Thank you, Doctor," I heard a familiar voice say. 

I heard the door close before someone spoke again. "This is your entire fault," someone said with a harsh tone. I could've sworn the voice belonged to Baekhyun. 

"What are you talking about, Baekhyun?" My suspicions were right. But what exactly was going on? I knew I was obviously dreaming if I was hearing Baekhyun's voice, but that was all I really knew.

"You obviously know what I'm talking about, Mom. If you would have just told her that I was getting a procedure done in China, this never would've happened," Baekhyun said. What was he talking about? I still didn't understand what was going on. Was the earlier scene with the zombie Baekhyun also a dream? Of course it was. Zombies don't exist in real life. Right? 

"You have to understand the circumstances. The doctors said there was only a 15% success rate. We didn't want to get the poor girl's hopes up."

"She still thinks I'm dead, Dad." 

"Listen, son. I'm sure she'll get over it soon. She's just a little insa-"

"She's not insane," Baekhyun said firmly. 

"I know this is hard for you, but she went through a lot. We don't have to use the word insane, but she clearly has some mental issues," Baekhyun's mom said. "You told us yourself that she thinks that the life she's living right now is a dream!" My heart dropped. They were talking about me. I'm the insane girl that needs psychotherapy. 

"She developed those mental issues because of you!" Baekhyun exclaimed. "If you would have just told her that I didn't die, she would still be okay," Baekhyun said, his voice barely audible. 

My eyes finally decided to open, and I was faced with the thick tension in the room. I was in a hospital room with needles and tubes coming out of my arms. Baekhyun and his parents were standing at the edge of my bed, while my parents and Sehun were sitting down in chairs beside my bed. 

"She's awake," Sehun said.

Before anyone else could say anything, the doctor walked in. "I'm going to need to ask all of you to leave." My family stood up and followed Baekhyun's family out of the room. They all stood outside of the room and looked at me through the glass. 

"How are you feeling?" the doctor asked, scribbling something onto his clipboard. 

"I don't know. I've never had a dream like this before." The doctor stopped writing and looked at me with concerned eyes.  

He took his glasses off and said, "I'll be right back." After about a minute, he walked in with another lady. "This is Dr. Seo. She's just going to talk to you about a few things, okay?" I lightly nodded my head as the doctor walked out of the room and closed the door. 

"How are you?" she asked, taking a seat by my bed. 

"I don't know. I'm in a hospital room and I don't really know how I got here," I said, staring at the tubes coming out of my arms. 

"You apparently stopped breathing and your boyfriend took you here." 

"Oh right, that happened in a previous dream." 

She took a deep breath before speaking again. "I'm afraid this isn't a dream. This is very much reality."

"B-but Baekhyun is dead," I managed to stutter out. "He only exists in my dreams." 

"Oh, he is very much alive." I looked out of the glass and stared right at Baekhyun as she spoke. "His parents had to take him to China to get a life saving procedure. They didn't want to tell you about it because there was only a 15% success rate." 

If what she was saying was true, that meant that Baekhyun really was alive. He wasn't a zombie climbing out of his Chinese grave. He was alive and well. I had spent the past day with the actual Baekhyun and I didn't realize it. I was so caught up in my dreams, that I actually lost track of reality. 

"H-he's alive?" Dr. Seo nodded her head. "And I'm insane," I said looking away from Baekhyun.

"You're not insane." 

"Why else would you be here talking to me? You're my psychotherapist, aren't you? If I wasn't insane, I wouldn't need a therapist and I wouldn't think that my life is a dream. Why can't I just wake up from this nightmare?" I said turning away from her and staring at the wall. 

"You can't wake up from reality, my dear." She sighed before speaking again. "I know this is a lot to take in. You should get some rest and we'll talk again tomorrow, okay?" 

A lot to take in? This was more than a lot to take in. My boyfriend that I thought was dead for the last three months was alive and well, while I'm sitting in a hospital room with a psychotherapist. I can't even decipher what's real or fake anymore. I've completely lost my mind. 

 

 

 

I LOST MY MIND~~~~ LOL. More "What is Love" references. Anyways, there you go. Here's the answers you've all been waiting ever so patiently for. Our dear Baekhyun is alive, while our lovely main character has gone postal. Some of you already guessed this earlier! Haha, you guys are so smart. But don't worry, there's still a lot more twists and turns to come. ;]