08

Haunted

Baekhyun gently placed me down on my bed before propping himself over me.  He immediately attacked me in kisses and I giggled a bit at his eagerness. His tongue slipped over my bottom lip and I gladly let him in. From there, the heat and passion rapidly increased. Shivers ran down my back as he made his way down my jaw to my neck. A gasp escaped from my mouth as I felt him nibble on my skin. 

As he continued down to my collarbone, I realized that I could no longer breathe. I thought it was just a sensation that had come over me from the contact, but it felt as though air was continually being out of my lungs, as if there was any air in there in the first place. 

The dream gods were still trying to kill me. They were angry. Since I had somehow escaped death earlier, they had to just kill me directly. 

I desperately tried to let Baekhyun know of my suffering, but I couldn't speak a word. I mustered up all of my strength and pulled his head up by his hair. He looked at me with a baffled expression as I tried to somehow signal to him that I couldn't breathe. His eyes widened, as he said, "Oh my god, your lips are turning blue!" My vision started to become hazy, and I could barely hear anything that Baekhyun was saying.

This was it, I thought. My life's over. But then I remembered that it was just a dream. I would go through the terrifying experience of dying and before I knew it I would wake up in my bed, alive. 

The last thing I remembered was being carried off of my bed, before complete blackness encompassed me. 

---

My eyes shot open and my whole body shot up. I looked around and I soon realized that I was in an unfamiliar room. It seemed as though I was in a hotel room. I looked out the window and saw a completely unfamiliar city. 

I heard a door open and Luhan walked out with wet hair, "Oh, you're awake," he said, while shaking a towel through his hair. 

"Where are we?" I asked, still feeling a bit disoriented. 

"China," he said simply. China? We were in China? How did we even get here? "We flew in last night, remember?" 

My terrible memory had struck again. How could I have forgotten leaving my own country? "What?" was the only thing that was able to come out of my mouth. 

He chuckled before ruffling my hair. "Your memory has gotten so terrible lately. Maybe it just happens when you just wake up... But, yes, we are in China. You called me the minute you heard Baekhyun was buried here and we took the soonest flight we could find, remember?" I couldn't recall such events, but I just nodded my head, not wanting to think about why my memory had become so insufficient. 

"Are we going to the cemetery today?" 

He nodded and said, "As soon as you're ready." 

I quickly got up and showered, not wanting to waste any time. In less than no time, we were in a cab and on the way to the cemetery. When we were dropped off, I immediately felt uneasy about being there. I would finally have to accept the fact that Baekhyun was gone forever. I felt a hand grab onto mine and Luhan gently smiled at me. I took a deep breath before we started making our way over to the plot where Baekhyun was buried. 

As we got closer, I spotted a couple of people inside of a grave. I thought they were digging a new hole, but then they climbed out with goods in their hand. It immediately hit me. They were grave robbers. My eyes widened as I recognized a watch in one of their hands that I had given Baekhyun on his birthday last year. "Luhan," I said with a whisper. "That's Baekhyun's grave." 

His eyes widened and he immediately chased after them shouting incomprehensible Chinese. I slowly and hesitantly walked over to the hole and my eyes widened in horror. I was staring down at Baekhyun's decomposing body. There were maggots gnawing on his stomach and his skin was a horrifying color. I wanted so badly to look away, but it felt as though I had been petrified. The man I was in love with was being eaten away right before my eyes.

Luhan jogged back to me and said, "One of them ran off, but I was able to get th- Oh my god." He quickly grabbed my body and dragged it away. "You shouldn't look at that." He started to pace back and forth in front of me, while I stayed in my same frozen state. "You stay here. I'm going to go notify someone and get them to restore everything," he said. He then placed firm hands on my shoulders and said, "Don't you dare look at it again and just stay here, okay?" He quickly ran off as I collapsed onto the grassy floor. 

I started crying hysterically. I didn't want my last image of Baekhyun to be so horrifying. I wanted to remember him as person that was there when I needed him. Someone who was there for me throughout my entire life. The sweet boy that had stole my heart at such a young age. I came here to finally receive closure; not to be forever haunted by the image of Baekhyun's decomposing body. 

Luhan came back with a couple of cemetery employees. The employees closed his casket and began to rebury him. Luhan quickly embraced me as he shed a few tears himself. "I'm so sorry you had to see that," he sobbed out, gently my back. 

Our cries were interrupted by the terrifying screams of the cemetery employees. 

 

 

 

Zombie bacon is coming~ LOL jk. Well actually not really, he really is coming. Well, sorta. You're all just gonna have to wait and see for yourselves~ Sorry for the disgusting freaky image of decomposing Baekhyun though T____T
p.s. All of your questions and inqueries will be answered in the nex
t chapter◕‿◕✿