Four

A ChaeKey story

Just another day comes and goes, and I have almost forgotten him once again. Who is he? I almost dont remember. Once again, like most of the time, he's blocked away from my mind and cannot reach me. It feels good and my spirits are rising higher as the days pass.

Me and Dara are to guest on some Radio show today. Its in line with our promotion of our new song, Ugly. I yawn a little. The lack of sleep makes you feel like you're ten years older than you actually are. I see Dara, and she looks equally tired. Tiny eyebags had graced her tiny face. She must be even more tired than I was, seeing as how she's been sneaking out to late night dates with her boyfriend off late.  We work so hard, how does she still have the time - no, actually, how does she have the ENERGY to still go out on dates? I would just collapse in bed and tell my boyfriend to go to hell. Which is what I have told every boy that has ever approached me since I joined 2NE1.

Our make up in place, we leave the dorm for the Radio station. Its going to be a long day again. After the radio show we have a photo shoot for a magazine, and then we meet up with Bom and Mingkii for a performace.

Dara looks a bit unwell today. If I do ask her though, she'll make some silly joke about it and avoid the topic, so why even bother. I give her a snarky smile instead and started conversation. "And, how was your night?" I asked her.

I expected her to blush, but I guess she was too tired to get worked up over anything. Sigh, my plan for entertainment failed I guess.

"Hardly slept." she said, letting out a  big yawn. She put on the hood of the jacket she was wearing and snuggled into the seat, lifting up her legs on the car seat and settling into a ball shape. "I think I'm gonna try and get some now.." she said, closing her eyes.

Well, I guess its just me and my thoughts then.

 


 

The radio station was a good hour away from our dorm, which meant a good amount of time for Dara to catch up on her sleep. As for me, I just looked out the window, tired but not quite succumbing to sleep just yet. Something told me I should stay awake today. 

I got texts from Nicole asking me what I was doing a couple of nights from now. I texted back telling her I didnt know; I had yet to see my schedule to check if I was free anytime soon. We are good friends, Nicole and I, and she just seeems like a genuinely nice person to me. And I like keeping myself surrounded by good company.

An hour later, we were at the Radio station, shades over my face 'cause I get a bit nervous during these broadcasts and shades make me feel protected. Also,  for some reason I didnt feel like looking at bright things today.. I felt swaggy but was still pretty tired, and tired people can get cranky any time. 

"Anyeonghaseoyo!" the MC announced into his microphone, proceeding to introduce us to his listeners. 

I smiled inwardly to myself. Here comes the routine. I looked up and smirked a little. Here I go. "Whats up, we're -"

"2NE1!" me and Dara shouted together. 

Dara giggled a little and perked up in her seat. Our shout outs of "Whats up" and "Nolja" always seemed to put us in a good mood. It made us feel united, like we werent alone. 

The MC went through his routine. What was our new song called? Was it a full album or mini-album? Oh, we were promoting 6 tracks with 6 music videos? That was amazing! 

"So, Dara-shi" the MC said, clearing his throat a little. "I've heard dating rumors about you recently..."

Dara shifted uncomfortably in her seat. The MC was prodding a sensitive topic, and I could sense Dara woas feeling nervous. I stepped in, a snarky smile on my lips. "Dara unnie is so pretty, she's always in these controversies. But rumours are just rumours..."

"But still.." the MC began. He was obviously going to drive this question home. He wanted sensation or something, but I dont know what answer he expected us to give. Was she dating someone? Yes. Will we ever tell you about it? No. Why? Because we're not crazy enough to bring our personal lives into all this.

"Why doesnt anyone ask CL such questions!" Dara squeaked suddenly, looking slightly flustered. I pursed my lips at her. Thanks, Dara, for directing the question at me now.

The MC looked at me. "So then, lets ask you CL. What about your love life?" he looked at me intently like I was about to spill the beans. High hopes, sir, high hopes.

"I dont have time for all this.. I dont believe in all this.." I said quietly. "love." 

"But  you must have loved someone sometime.." the MC enquired. "felt the feeling.."

I almost flinched at his statements, ans If I didnt have my shades on he'd know I was not impressed. "Love.." I began. Then I thought of something hilarious. "Rather than love or date someone.. I want to get married."

The MC furrowed his eyebrows. "You want to get married?"

"Yeh," I said confidently. "I think most men out there are just boys. They're sheep in wolves' clothing." Dara looked at me nervously, wondering if she should stop me from making such bold comments. I ignored her and continued on. "If anyone wants to marry me, please come forward!" I said into the microphone. "Take up the challenge to handle me."

The MC laughed. "You might have men lining up at your doorstep now.." I just laughed. 

 

The strangest thing happened that night though. I received a text message..

Will you marry me ?

 


 

Y u no comment? Me sad :(