Sleepyheads.

University Troubles

"AISH! What is that?!" The sunlight pierced in through the blinds and the phone alarm clock that was buzzing violently on the computer table irritated the hell out of Jonghyun. His TV was still on playing, Spongebob Squarepants that added to his annoyance. Jonghyun looked up to what was happening and banged his head on the table forgetting that he was not in his bed.

"Ow!" Jonghyun stood up while applying pressure to his head to ease the thumping pain he did to himself. Before he could do anything, he performed several stretches that he thinks will make him taller, so he believes. After that, the boy looked at the clock and his vision had to focus for a bit to see it. "9- 9:30... 9:30! Oh my god!" Jonghyun started to panic around his dorm room. Looking around on what he has to do first. He did not have time to get a quick shower so he just brushed his teeth thoroughly and quickly. With this action, he also tried to put on his jeans and jacket which nearly made him trip and fall on his face. He did not bother with the breakfast because of how late he is. The study class just started and he did not want to stay behind with the teacher again. He had enough of that this week. Jonghyun quickly grabbed his phone, bags and his wallet. He ran out of the door and slammed it shut which made an echoing sound around the dorm. This just shows that everyone was in class except him. Jonghyun ran hard and fast to his study block in the campus and he arrived in more or less 10 minutes. Feeling tired and restless, Jonghyun straightened himself up in front of the classroom door and quietly fixed his already, messy hair and imagined how he looked like without a mirror. The boy gave a large disappointed sigh to himself ready to get scolded and he went in.

"Hey Jonghyun, you came. Have a seat" The prof welcomed Jonghyun inside really well. No scoldings? No punishment? What? Jonghyun was so schocked at what he just witnessed. Everyone in the class just stared at him with shock too and he just stood there with no reply then a small bow came out. Jonghyun just took a seat that was closest to him. That seat was near the far window. He sat down. It was really weird at first because he really thought he was going to get in trouble. He was ready for the shoutings. Jonghyun just laughed at the thought and started examining the room. It was a big room and he didn't know why he didn't notice it before. It was the only class where he did not have the other guys with him so he mainly sleeps and starts writing about non-sense. The walls were really clean and white and the space inside was really big. You could fit hundreds inside. Jonghyun was randomly coming out with thoughts on why the classroom was so pretty and his attention span on the work that the teacher is talking about it nearly zero. Now it was time for Jonghyun's thinking time.

Jonghyun placed his head on the table with his arms supporting him. Then, something came to him. What was he doing last night?

Jonghyun was looking at Big Bang's wikipedia page and gave up reading after a while. "Aw man. How could I know this stuff?" Then an idea came to his head. He closed the window with wikipedia and opened up Youtube. He started watching videos of the band and he himself started to like them. Even though he had not expected this, they were not bad in his eyes and he might start liking it. Jonghyun has a tendency to only like acoustic music and ballads. He was sentimental like that. But now, he had opened his horizons to other music. Due to that Jessica girl. A few hours had passed and it was three in the morning. Jonghyun was jamming to 'Lies' and 'Bad Boy' flailing his arms around and even imitating TOP's deep voice which he really couldn't manage. The time passed just like that and when he got tired, Jonghyun just watched as many videos as he can before he finally passes it. It was a hard journey for Jonghyun but it was worth it in the end.

 

"Tsk tsk oh boy." Jonghyun said. He wiped his eyes then looked at the prof who became silent for a while. No one was in the room anymore except him and his prof. The prof was busy looking at documents and placing them in the corresponding files. He noticed the movement from the far back of the room and he said.

"Class has finished for a while now Jong. Didn't know you were this eager to stay in class." The prof sarcasticly said. Jonghyun just laughed silently to hide how stupid he was to sleep through class till after hours. He had never done this. "Wake up the young lady too on the way out. She fell asleep too" Jonghyun looked around the room and saw a small girl wearing an oversized sweater and light pastel coloured jeans. Jonghyun went up to her and immediately recognized who she was. Jessica, again. He did not know they were in this same class. "I thought you're my senior." Jonghyun said loud enough to wake her up. Jessica's face radiated and Jonghyun was struck.

"Huh?" Then Jessica saw who she was facing. "Oh! you!" Jessica stood up and bowed to Jonghyun. "You were the guy that helped me Umm-" Jessica was thinking hard if she knows his name.

"Jonghyun. I forgot to introduce my name to you too" Jonghyun stuck his arm out for a handshake and Jessica took it knowingly.

"Jessica. And yeah, I'm a senior. I just like to stay here sometimes, helps me with studies too." Jonghyun just nodded slowly and gave Jessica his smiles which made Jessica laugh. However, this was cut short. The prof was getting irritated with the noise so he interrupted.

"Okay guys, take it outside for now. I'm kinda busy" The two just giggled at the prof's reaction and bowed down on their leave.

 

The two finally went outside and was walking side by side near beside the tennis courts. Jonghyun was confused that she did not mind having him just walkign with her without an actual destination. Jonghyun wanted to converse more with her so he asked, "So, where are you from?" It was quite a weird question to start with but at least it gives a foundation to more questions. Jessica looked up to Jonghyun and then confidently answered. "I was born in the States, then I moved here to study. My dad wanted me to anyway." Jonghyun was pleased that she would answer in an interested tone and it didn't seem like she was bored out of her mind with him. He could only give her a small "ahh" and carried on walking. From where Jessica was leading him, it seems that she is heading out to the courtyard.

It was a beautiful day and the sun was beaming brightly wth no trace of rain to be found. The flowers on the garden portion of the courtyard had bloomed properly and the array of colours on the flowers fascinated both Jonghyun and Jessica as they quietly passed it. The two personalities are still quiet to eachother but they can keep casual to eachother. Jessica asked her more about the K-pop stuff and now that Jonghyun has done some research, he could answer confidently on what he listens to right now and who he likes on a group. Jonghyun recognized the bench that Jessica sat on the day she first saw her, Jessica led him to that place and motioned her hand to sit down next to her. They were both facing the garden field that awed them so much then they continued their on-going conversation. Jessica really lit up when they talk about K-pop, she must've been a dedicated fan over the years. There must be something about them that can make her squeal in joy.

"You are my K-pop buddy now" Jessica suddenly stated to Jonghyun while giving him a thumbs up. Jonghyun could only answer with a smile and reassured her with a nod. Jonghyun was really ecstatic to be addressed by Jessica. Anything really would be good for Jonghyun, now that he is known as her 'K-pop buddy'. Well, this is a start at least. "It's really difficult to find people like us here in the campus. They are hidden treasures." Jessica's joke made herself laugh and Jong joined in between her giggles. It passed a good 5 minutes of just chatting away about non-sense but both parties were not fazed by this. They just liked the company they are having. However, someone's phone rang. It was Jessica's.

"Go answer it." Jonghyun said to Jessica as she hesitated on taking the call in front of him. Jonghyun just stared out to the flower fields so that she would be more comfortable. Jessica took out her phone and looked at the caller ID. Yuri. Jessica waited a few more seconds of ringing and finally answered. She was ready for the flurry of nagging by her because she did ditch them for sleep. 

"Hell-" before Jessica could even greet her, it started. "Sica! You ditched us yesterday! You have to come here in the coffee shop now or else I'm gonna be sad and angry at chu~" Yuri started to confront Jessica with aegyo. Jessica sighed at Yuri's nags and eventually gave in to her. Before she could say anything, Jessica looked over to Jonghyun and went back to her phone. "Who are you with anyway?" Yuri then asked.

"I'm with my new K-pop buddy Yul! You jealous?" Jessica started to tease Yuri with her new found friend. Jonghyun glanced at Jessica who was smiling as she started talking about him. Jonghyun was starting to turn a light shade of red but it's a relief that Jessica was busy on the phone with Yuri. He heard the loud, muffled voice that seemed to overpower Jessica's and he was semi-eavesdropping on their conversation. He tried to stop but it was too fun to resist. Their call was nearing to an end.

"I will come over now to make it up for you guys. See you there." Before Yuri could answer back, she hang up. Jessica tucked her white iPhone swiftly in the front pocket of her skinny jeans and turned back to Jonghyun. Jong noticed the suddden movement then she spoke up. "You might've have heard that I need to go now. My friend's are forcing me to go with them because I did leave them yesterday." Jonghyun automatically understood the situation and said. "Yeah, you should go Jessica. They waited for you." Jessica gave Jonghyun her beautiful smile before she turned around on her heels towards the campus. Jonghyun also, waved to her with a goodbye. "See you around!" Jonghyun now, was left alone on the same position that Jessica sat at yesterday. He started to like this place because of it's relaxing atmosphere at this time, and it makes him sleepy. However, the thought of making a new friend was still fresh in his mind. It has been a long time ago since he introduce himself to someone. Jonghyun was still over the moon and there's only one thing on his mind. He laughed at the funny thought.
 

"I need to tell hyung!"

 

 

 

 

Herro...

IMO this might be one of my crappy chaps, but hope you take a chance with this one haha.

Hope you read on and I will improve over the updates. :]

Have a nice day!