Oppa, WHY? | Jaeyin's POV

Backstage Delights

[ jaeyin's pov ]

[ today's outfit ]


I definitely hated this part of town the most; there were too many people. And I didn't like a lot of people around me too much because I'd either get in to an argument or some guy would hit on me.

Ah~ Finally. The SM building. It seemed to be much bigger since the last time I saw it. I almost didn't get inside because of the revolving door in the entrance. I never understood revolving doors. I took in the scent of a light cinnamon twist as my heels made steady beats along the spotless, tile floor. The lady at the front desk watched me approach as I strutted. I think I was intimidating her and I liked that.

"Shim Changmin's dressing room please." I say, politely while planting my elbow on the desk.

"Are you his girlfriend?"

I stared and blinked at her quite fast, "No, Miss. I am not his girlfriend. Yuck." I stick my tounge out in disgust.

"Could you please sit down and wait a moment please?" She asks, wait, more like commands and then picks up the phone.

I sit on the comfy, white seat and stare at the covers of magazines spread out on a thin glass table. I pull down my sleeve and take a look at my watch. What the hell? Why am I waiting to see my brother? 10 minutes pass by and I'm still sitting there like a piece of furniture.

"Hey lady, I'm sorry. I know you're trying to do your job and everything but I got no time for this." I stood up, adjusted the purse on my shoulder, and straightened up my shirt and contiued pass the front desk down the hallway.

"Excuse me! Excuse me, young lady!" The woman calls behind me, but I dont stop.

I was deep in the SM halls and I began speeding my pace up in case that crazy ol' lady might have called security. As I turned behind me, I hit something.  More like someone. At least I was strong enough to not fall down, but the person I "supposedly bumped into" fell straight to the ground.

"Jaeyin! Are you trying to pick a fight again?!" I heard Changmin's voice beside me.

"She bumped in to me!"

The girl got up from the ground and rubbed her head.

"Are you alright?" Changmin asks her.

She nods back in response, "Sorry about that. I'm a bit clumsy." She looks up at me.

"Yeah, it's okay. As long as I didn't fall."

Changmin and her seemed to be looking at each other for a long time.

"YAH! Can we get going?!" I snap at the two of them.

"Oh yeah, dongsaeng. I got a job for you."

"OPPA, WHY?!"

"You're supposed to be happy. Dont you need the money?"

I look at the ground, "Neh."

"Then I suggest you start working today."

"What's the job?" What if it ?

"Stylist. Hair stylist."

"BWOHHHH?!" I smile.

"Yes. Your first customers are SHINee. Go to their dressing room."

And my happiness was right out of me by just a second.

"Oppa, you know I can't--"

"NOW." He stammers, taking the clumsy girl elsewhere to get a bandage or something, maybe even a slushie.

"What's your name?" He asks.

"Ju Ri."

Ju Ri, eh? Haha. I feel like we're going to be close friends.

I take a deep breath before entering SHINee's dressing room. I only see four of the members. HELL YEAH. No Key in sight, luckily. I wear the name tag that was handed to me.

"Hair Stylist: Jaeyin? Nice to meet you." I'm guessing the dinosaur-looking one was Jonghyun.

I gladly bow and give him a fake smile. I so wasn't up for working right now. That was until I saw a gorgeous head of hair and no, I wasn't talking about the Mushroom hair.

It was Minho's. He sat in the corner, on his cell phone. Not even paying attention. But his hair was quite the y.

Now, I was ready to work.