Hey

A bit of Both

Everyone was still angry at him.

Everyone one had their theories where he was.

And almost everyone thought the same thing.

He was cheating her with someone.

He didnt need to explain himself to his friends, her friends, his family, her family.

Everybody wanted him not to see her anymore.

 

Jiyong asked him if they could talk at the park lounge of the hospital. He agreed because he knew Jiyong had something good to say.

 

“I do not with you hyung. Who could you do this to her? You were so in love with her back then. I cant look at you and not feel disappointed. You stay here waiting for her to wake up but you werent here when she needed you. You were at another woman's arms while she was fighting for her life. While she was waiting for you.”

 

“ Dont you think I dont feel guilty. Dont you think I dont regret what happened. I wish I was here. I....”

 

“You what? You werent here hyung. You being here is like cheating on her too. You are here because you feel guilty, not because you love her. Dont do this to her hyung, isnt it enough that you cheated on her and now you pretend you care.”

 

“I care Jiyong. I still care about her.”

 

“But why did you do it?”

 

“Because.....because I am a ing selfish person. I wanted thrill, , excitement. Dont you think I dont feel disgusted with myself admitting that.”

 

“ I care about her Jiyong, but I dont know if I still love her.”

 

“ You dont know? So you sleep at night in your bed with noona and yet before you do you have with some other chick and that is caring for you?”

 

Seunghyun couldnt answer. Jiyong made his point. He should have told her. He should have talked to her. He wasnt afraid that she would get mad. He was afraid she felt the same way. Bored. He was afraid that she didnt love him anymore.

 

He didnt know why he still wanted her to love him, when clearly he didnt feel the same way.

But maybe he still loves her. He was so confused.

 

“Hyung you need to get your act together. Noona loves you, I think she just waiting for you to tell her or do something about it. Noona has always been understanding she just needs you to be honest.”

 

Seunghyun went back to the ICU to check on Soojin. Soojin's mom was staring through the glass window, just there waiting for her daughter to wake up. She noticed him and gestured to sit beside her.

 

“Umma, I think...I think I shouldnt be here.”

“Why darling? Is something wrong?”

“ It just feels wrong that im here when clearly I wasnt here that time.”

“Can I ask you something?”

“Yes.”

“Do you still love her?”

 

Seunghyun was surprised by her question.

 

“I dont know. But I still do care about her.”

 

“I know what going on dear. She knows about it too.”

 

He felt like he his heart stopped beating.

 

“She knew for a long time know. She waited for you to tell her. She thought that maybe why you werent telling her because maybe for a tiny, tiny bit you still love her.”

 

“She wanted to do something about it. But she said nothing really changed between the two of you. You still talk, you still tell each other secrets, you still kiss her before you sleep. And you guys still walk about Gangnam and eat ice cream and shop. She was angry too. At you and at herself.”

 

She is as confused as you are. Both of your work consumed you. Both of you got...bored maybe? You guys need time to fix this if you both think its worth fixing. If you still love her even for a bit then maybe it is.”

 

"Marriage is hard. Its not always happy nor it is always sad. Sometimes you do stupid things, it just up to you guys on how to handle it. Its either you forgive or let go."

 

Soojin mom held Seunghyun hand and squeezed it.

 

Stay and wait for her to wake up. Please.”

 

Seunghyun went to the hospital everyday. He was there before he goes to work and after he is done with work. He frequently ate lunch with Soojin's mother who was in the hospital 24/7. He still met Ruki at night, thought not everynight anymore. She was getting jealous but Seunghyun assured her that things will go back to normal. 

 

Seunghyun was asked by Soojin's mom if he could stay with Soojin for the whole day for she had meetings to attend. He ofcourse immediately said yes. To be honest he didnt want to be alone in the hospital with her because he was afraid that if she wakes up, she wouldnt be happy to see him, to be specific she would be mad that he is there. But still he was there staring at her at the other side of the room.

 

Sir?" one of nurses approached him.

Yes?”

Would like to come inside?”

 

Inside. He thought.

He was nervous to be there, much more to be inside the room with her. But still he wanted to have a closer look at her.

 

Can I?”

Yes, you just have to put on a gown and cap.”

Ok then.”

 

He wore the sterile gown and put on some shoe cap and hair cap. He also put a mask. He sat on the chair beside her bed and ooked at her face, her body.

 

The sight of her wounds, her bruises, her cuts made him imagine on how her car got hit. He saw the damage the truck caused. The car wasnt recognizable anymore.

 

People were saying that she was lucky to survive it, she was even still awake when she was brought to the hospital. Her skull suffered cracks, her brain swelled and bleed too. The thought of the extent of Soojin's injuries made Seunghyun sigh deeply, it made his heart heavy. It was painful to see her like that. 

 

Soojin was surround with machines and tubes. Seunghyun just wants her to wake up. Now.

 

He wanted to touch her hand.

 

They used to hold hands often. Even if they were just going round the supermarket he couldnt let go of her hand.  He loved to on how sweaty it is. The thought of how they used to be made him smile but at the same time wonder what happened to the both of them.

 

Seunghyun decided to reach for her hand. Once their hands touched he felt like it was like the first time he touched it. His heart started to beat loudly as if it really was.

 

Soojin, wake up, you're late for work.” He suddenly said.

 

What he said made him laugh a bit. Telling her she is late for work made her jump out of bed in the morning. She hated being late for work. He wasnt able to wake her up recently because he's been sleeping in with Riku.

 

Soojin, wake up. You're already late.”

 

After the 4th try he gave up. He thought he was being stupid. Waking her up wouldnt be that easy.

 

Then he pleaded one last time.

Soojin, wake up. Please. Wake up.”

 

But still no response.

 

Seunghyun dozed of on the chair while thinking about the articles he read about the chances a person who is in coma to regain consciousness. Soojin has been in a coma for 2 weeks now.

 

Then he suddenly felt her hand moving. He opened his eyes to see if it was.

 

Her eyes were still as beautiful.

 

She was now awake.

 

Seunghyun was startled. She was staring at him.  He didnt know what to say to her.

 

Hey.” He softly said.

 

She then looked away and scanned the room. Her hand suddenly reached for her broken arm. Seunghyun didnt know what to do nor what to say to her. She then touched the tube hanging out .

 

"No dont." Seunghyun rose up his chair touched her hand which was touching the tube. He thought she was going to pull it out. She then stopped look at him.

 

She closed her eyes and a tear fell down her cheek.

 

Seunghyun wiped it off.

 

She again opened her eyes and looked at him.

 

He felt that he needed to say something.

 

Then the nurse saw the she was awake, she hurriedly called the doctor.  Then in just a couple of seconds they were all beside her.

They asked her if she knows her name, She nodded.

They asked her if she knows what happened. She nodded.

They asked her if she knows where she is. She nodded.

 

They explained where she was and told her not to panic. 

 

Seunghyun then went outside to call her mom to tell her that Soojin is already awake. The sound of excitement and happiness in his mother-in-laws voice could not be denied.

 

After ending the call he noticed the nurse gave Soojin a whiteboard and a marker for her to write on. He noticed she was writing something.

 

The nurse read it and it made the nurse smile. The nurse then asked Soojin to take some rest and later they could talk again. She then went out of room.

 

"Excuse me nurse?"

"Yes sir?"

"What did she write?"

 

"She said "Hey."

 

It made Seunghyun smile.

 

Was she saying it back to me or was she just really saying "hey" to her nurse? Seunghyun thought.

 

But it didnt really matter, he was just glad she was already awake.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________

hey guys thanks for the subcriptions and for reading. I totally redid this chapter because i was so unstatisfying and ugly. hahahahahaha

@heyhellohoney Hey!!! thanks for reading! I hope the hey part is clear now. hahahaha Remember he said hey at her when he first noticed she was awake. Well she said hey back. Sort of. hahahaha

 

Thanks for reading guys!