Make time

A bit of Both

 

7:00 pm

He was still no where to be seen. Soojin and Seunghyun mothers' talked about them, on how they were when they were kids. The story about Seunghyun crying like a baby and locking himself inside his room on his second day of elementary because he didnt want to go to school anymore still made Soojin laugh.

 

She felt quite dissappointed that Seunghyun was again late for their dinner. Last year, he was an hour and 30 minutes late. Then last last year she and Seunghyun celebrated it together on a plane.

 

“Sorry im late. The traffic is so heavy today.” He said as he ed his coat and sat down.

 

He apologized to his mom and her mom. They then ordered and waited for their food.

 

The night was full of good food, good wine, funny stories.

 

He glanced at her frequently because he was amused on the way she laughs. She has open a bit wide when she laughs. She also throws her head back when she does. It amuses him that despite her poised self, she laughs like what she heard is the funniest thing she ever heard.

She notices that he glances at her and she smiles at him.

 

It was time for dessert and the waitress presented a big coffee crumble cake.

“Compliments of the chef sir and ma'am. Happy Anniversary.”

“Thank you” They both said.

“Darlings, cut the cake like the way you did in your wedding.” Seunghyun's mom said as she claspped her hands together in excitement.

 

They look at each other, feeling uncomfortable about the idea. Seunghyun scratched his neck in confusion.

 

“Umma, we're married now. The wife always cuts the cake because she gets the first piece."

 

It made them all laugh and they all agreed. She cut the cake and gave each piece to everyone one the table. They ate the cake and chatted some more. They talked about the latest places they've been travelling to. Seunghyun's mom and Soojin's mom went to Morocco last year together.

 

“The both of you should go there. It is beautiful.” Soojin's mom said.

 

“The both of you need a long vacation together. When was the last time you went for a vacation?”

 

Both of them didnt answer because they knew their answers would trigger their moms do something about it. Something, meaning set up a getaway for them. Their last getaway in Australia last year was set up by their mothers. But they cut it short since both of them were needed at work. Both of them didnt tell their mothers because they knew they would disappoint them.

 

“Well mom, both of us have been really busy this year. Really, really, really busy.” Seunghyun told them.

“After your busy schedules then. Next month!”

“But umma we want to but that's easy to say but its hard to do. Both of us are really busy.” Soojin said while Seunghyun showed his agreement by nodding his head.

 

“But if you guys really want to, then you should make time for it. Saying you are busy is just an excuse, because you call always break free from it when you make time for it.” Seunghyun's mom said and to no surprise Soojin's mom affirmed it.

 

Seunghyun was chuckling the whole time with his mother's remarks. Soojin just placed her elbow on the table and covered her face with her hand because she felt embarrased.

 

The dinner ended with both mothers satisfied for their kids agreed to have a vacation next month. Little did they know that they were probably lying.

 

Seunghyun and Soojin walked their mothers to the car. Once they said their goodbyes and gave hugs and kisses both of them walked to the car.

 

“What a night.” Seunghyun said.

“Yeah.”

 

As they were getting near their parked car. Both them heard camera shutters. They were being photographed. Again.

They didnt mind anymore for every since they made in official as a couple the paparazzi made a business out of them.

 

“Do you wanna go home now or...?” Seunghyun asked Soojin.

“Or what?”

“I don know.”

“Ice cream maybe?”

“Ok.” He smiled at her like a little boy who loves ice cream that he is.

 

Soojin then held onto his arm as they walked.

They walked towards the busy street of Gangnam to go to their favorite ice cream parlor, Coneheads.

 

This is what they used to do.

Back when they were not busy.....

 

Back when they were still making time for each other.