01

Love Dust

The bright afternoon sky at the park slowly turned dark. The wind started to blowing so hard. Kids who had been playing there stopped playing as their moms started to bring them home. But. there was this one girl, who seemed so lost in her thought, didn't care that it was going to be rain.

Tiffany had just broken up with her boyfriend. She felt really sad and hurt, of course. She didn't expect it. The guy she loved so much broke her fragile heart.

She looked at the sky, wondering why she had to feel this kind of pain, as a drop of rain fell on a tip of her nose.

It's raining. She thought.

Yet she didn't move an inch as she closed her eyes, smelling the rain that mixed with a ground. Her tears fell, again. She had been crying since she came to this park hours ago. At first, she just wanted to calm herself, let the pain gone as she watched the kids playing. She thought that it was the only one to distract her thoughts about her ex-boyfriend.

The rain was getting heavier. People might think she was an insane person. But, really, who would sit alone at the park when it was raining? But she just didn't care because it isn't as hurt as her heart.

The weather was getting cold and she still didn't want to leave yet. She hugged her knee and lowered her head, to keep her body warm, when in fact it didn't affect that much.

Suddenly, she felt that the rain had stopped. She looked up and she saw a guy, in a warm hoodie, standing in front of her while holding an umbrella. She couldn't see his face clearly because of the pouring rain and the tears in her eyes. But then she ignored it as she thought that it might be her hallucination.

She jumped a bit when she felt a warm fabric on her body. Yes, that guy gave her his hoodie. He offered a hand as he said, "Come on, I'll take you to my place."

Unconsciously, she took his hand and stood up as he put his arm on her waist to support her.

Deep inside her mind, she was really curious why did she take his offer, and she started to thinking that he wanted to do something bad to her. But, she couldn't stop herself from walking by his side as she realized that they had arrived in front of  a house.

Soon, as they got into that guy house, he told her to sit as he rushed to somewhere. As he gone, Tiffany looked around her surrounding. Such a big place for him to live alone, she thought.

"Here, I'll lend you my shirt. You should change your clothes it's really soaked." He came interrupted Tiffany's mind. Tiffany just stared blankly on the clothes he gave her. "Hm, sorry but I don't have a woman clothes." He smiled apologetically as he rubbed his back of the neck.

Tiffany just smiled weakly in return and she asked, "Where is the bathroom?" She finally spoke after a long time crying. Then he showed her where the bathroom was as Tiffany nodded and left.

Why does his face look so familiar?