Chapter 8: The Hotties

The Maiden's Locket
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     The double lesson with Mr. Suk Jin ended and it was already lunchtime. Eun Na packed her things in her bag as the students slowly dispersed to head towards the cafeteria in order to get the best seats possible. She slung her bag in her shoulder and turned to face Sungyeol, L and Sungjong, only to see them being surrounded by girls. She watched as the girls asked numerous questions to them, which Sungjong and Sungyeol happily answered. In contrast, however, L remained silent and just released a sigh every now and then. If so, he looked extremely bored and irritated.
     She shook her head lightly and was about to call them when she suddenly got pushed to the side. She winced and looked up only to find Raemi’s face frowning at her in disgust and her arms crossed in front of her chest. Raemi was the ultimate ‘It Girl' of Seoul Academy High; coming from a rich family with rich genes, meaning she was beautiful, y and hot and everything a boy would want for a girl, she was bound to be the most respected and praised student. Boys kissed the ground she walked on and they practically drooled at her beauty. She could make any guys she wanted to fall in love with her and no one has ever rejected her. Basically, she could have anything she wanted at a snap of her finger. That was Raemi.
     “Watch where you’re going, freak.” She remarked, earning laughs from her girl friends behind her. Eun Na, not wanting to stir an unwanted 'cat fight', lightly nodded her head and moved away.
     “I’m sorry.” Eun Na apologised. She did not like crossing paths with Raemi, seeing as though the girl had a burning passion of hatred towards her. After all, their history tainted itself with nothing but jealousy and never-ending quarrels about some things that Eun Na would rather be buried deep in the ground than crawl back up. Usually, Raemi would start the fire while Eun Na would try to distinguish it, but to no avail.
     “Huh. So the witch seductress apologises.” She tilted her head to the side with a smirk and eyebrows raised. Eun Na mentally winced upon hearing the nickname. Raemi had long dubbed her as the ‘witch seductress’ because of a certain someone.
     “Surprisingly, especially after she seduced your boyfriend away from you.” Krystal, Raemi’s best friend, remarked, giving Eun Na a disgust look. Eun Na bit her bottom lip and avoided eye contact with Raemi because once she does, it was a sign that she wanted to get beaten up. Raemi was about to grab Eun Na’s chin when suddenly, a hand grabbed her wrist tightly. Eun Na looked up and her eyes widened upon seeing the most unexpected person to go against Raemi.
     “Excuse me? What the-?!” Rae Mi turned her head, only to be faced by a handsome looking new student, L. Her eyes widened, but then her lips soon curled into a smile. She shifted her attention to L and looked at him with interest; checking him out from head to toe. Krystal stared at L in awe, her jaw dropped all the way to the ground, if possible.
     Raemi purred, “Do you need something?” She asked, batting her eyelashes and pouting her lips. Sungyeol and Sungjong gagged behind L, unable to take the scene happening in front of them. L’s eyes followed the finger as it touched his face and slid down his chest with Raemi looking at him seductively, ready to eat him up alive. A smirk graced his lips before he grabbed her hand and gently pulled it off his chest.
     “I don’t like strangers touching me.” He remarked as he let go of Raemi’s wrist and circled his hand on Eun Na’s slender ones. L stared at Raemi for a moment before he walked out the room with Eun Na behind him. Sungyeol and Sungjong tried their best to control their laughter as they walked past Raemi, who was staring blankly in disbelief. Krystal tried to console her best friend, but the latter walked out, steam fuming out of her ears and nose. She did not believe a guy just refused her. Again. This was the second time this happened to her and the first time it happened, it also involved Eun Na. 

-

     L dragged Eun Na out in the hallway and then halted to a stop, letting go of her wrist. Eun Na silently winced as she rubbed her sore wrist, seeing it slightly pink. She hesitantly looked up at L, who gave out a sigh as he placed both of his hands inside his pockets.
     “You do know that Raemi will go after you now, right?” Eun Na asked.
     L scoffed. “Is that your way of saying ‘thank you’ to me? Well, then, you’re welcome.” He responded with sarcasm.
     “I’m sorry. Th-thank you, L.” Eun Na thanked, blushing in embarrassment. She looked up to see L looking beside him and she followed his gaze, only to find Sungyeol and Sungjong talking to a rather familiar figure. Eun Na squinted her eyes to get a better look, but then her eyes widened when she realised who that person was. Before she could mutter out one word, the person turned around and saw her, a smile instantly appearing on her face.
     “Eun~ Eun~!” The person happily waved and ran towards Eun Na, giving her a tight bear hug.
     Eun Na slightly tumbled back. “So-Soyu...” she called, unable to breathe because of her best friend’s tight hug.
     “You, why didn’t you text me? I waited for you in the cafeteria you know!” Soyu half-yelled and half-talked, looking at Eun Na with furrowed eyebrows. Eun Na bit her lips, embarrassed by Soyu’s lecture at her, especially when L was standing there, his ears clearly able to hear everything they were talking about.
     “I...“Eun Na began, but Soyu cut her off.
     “Do you know how hard it is to keep up with the guys?” Soyu interrupted, giving out a long sigh and pretended to fan herself. Eun Na glanced at L, who was looking at Soyu with eyebrows raised. L glanced down at Eun Na and both met gazes.
     “I’m sorry, she’s usually like this.” Eun Na apologised, giving L a slight apologetic smile.
     Soyu raised her eyebrows, “Who are you apologising for?” She asked, and then shifted her gaze at L. Her eyes widened upon realising that a handsome and hot guy was standing not far away from her. Her jaw dropped, seeing the intensity of his eyes. She involuntarily tugged on Eun Na’s blazer and dragged her in the corner, glancing at L every now and then to see if he was looking.
     “Oh my god. Who is that hot guy?” Soyu whispered to Eun Na and glanced at L once again.
     Eun Na furrowed her eyebrows. “What? Who? L?”    
     “L? Is that his name? Such a weird name for a hot guy!” Soyu squealed and then clasped upon realising she had said that louder than intended. Eun Na rolled her eyes. “Why is he with you? Don’t tell me you two are together?!” Soyu playfully smacked her best friend's arm, earning a pout from her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter