Chapter 7: The Enrolment

The Maiden's Locket
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     After the twenty minute walk, Eun Na, Sungyeol, L and Sungjong finally arrived at the front gates of Seoul Academy High. She turned around to face the three good-looking boys and took a deep breath before giving them a smile.
     “Well, welcome to Seoul Academy High!” She welcomed them, extending both of her hands beside her and sporting a wide smile, an action that earned a laugh from Sungyeol and a giggle from Sungjong, but L only kept his poker face firm, and he raised his eyebrow at her instead. She quickly placed her hands down and bit her lip out of embarrassment. With an uneasy smile, she turned around and walked across the wide pathway and towards the front doors, the three slowly following behind.
     As they entered the school, girls gasped and instantaneously, they froze upon seeing a handsome set of boys walk in the doors. Their eyes widened in awe as the three walked past them graciously. The feminine one smiled and waved, making the girls squeal. The tall one smiled and winked, making the girls faint. The mysterious one walked silently, expressionless, yet he enraptured the girls and attracted them like a magnet. Eun Na looked around in surprise; she had never seen girls act like this to boys except maybe for the one and only ‘Hotties’ of the school, EXO-K, the most notorious yet civil gang. Notorious because of their looks and fighting skills yet civil because they only fight when they feel it was necessary to do so. One of her long time best friends - she considers the whole gang as her best friends - Kai, was one of them and he was the most popular and most feared by anyone in the school, but that did not stop girls from falling head over heels to him.
     Eun Na lead Sungyeol, L and Sungjong into the main office, closing the door behind her to prevent the girls from getting closer to them seeing as though they seemed to have followed, their eyes twinkling and heart-shaped. Eun Na rolled her eyes before breaking into a smile at the receptionist.
     “Good morning, Mrs. Kim.” Eun Na greeted with a smile graced on her lips.
     Mrs. Kim looked up at her and smiled. “Good morning, Eun Na. Is there anything you need?” She asked, her voice gentle and caring. Mrs. Kim was an old woman in her 60s. She lived near the girl's house with her husband and grandchildren, and she had frequently invited Eun Na for dinner sometimes. She was small and slightly big, but her kindness and love towards kids was what made Eun Na grow attached to her. She was like her second mother, who always looked after her voluntarily - she would even sometimes do the food shopping for Eun Na if she was busy with her college work – but there are times when she was not as kind to others.
     “Um, yeah... I came to... erm...” Eun Na began but stammered, not knowing what to say. She glanced at L, who was standing next to her, and he looked down at her with an eyebrow slightly raised. He rolled his eyes after learning what she needed and leaned his forearm on the reception table.
     “Good morning. We’re here to enrol.” He said, giving Mrs. Kim a small, forced, smile. 
     “Enrol? Who?” Mrs. Kim asked, raising an eyebrow.
     “My brothers and I.” L responded. Mrs. Kim momentarily stood up from her seat and looked at Sungyeol and Sungjong behind L. The two bowed at Mrs. Kim and gave her a bright smile.
     With a frown, Mrs. Kim looked back at L. “I’m sorry but I can’t enrol you three; the enrolment for this semester has already ended. You’ll have to wait until the next semester,” Mrs. Kim looked at L and then sat back down. Eun Na looked at L, who looked at Sungyeol. The taller male nodded his head and approached Mrs. Kim, who sensed him coming, and she released a long and heavy sigh.
     “Look, I told you young boy, the—“Mrs. Kim began, but then her she halted to a stop. Eun Na watched as Mrs. Kim stayed in her position, frozen, her eyes fixed on Sungyeol’s eyes. Looking away from Mrs. Kim, the girl noticed the taller male’s iris dilated before it turned completely black. Somehow, the look on Sungyeol's face scared her; it was not the bright and giddy Sungyeol, but a rather dark and evil one, almost unrecognisable.
     “You will let us enrol and give us our schedule without needing any papers and asking anymore questions.” Sungyeol commanded and then closed his eyes. Mrs. Kim snapped back into reality, and she blinked her eyes for a second before giving Sungyeol a smile.
     “Oh, never mind, darlings. I will register you now.” Mrs. Kim said as she typed in her computer. Eun Na stared at Sungyeol in disbelief. What could this boy do?

-

     After a few minutes of Mrs. Kim registering the boys in the school data and adjusting everything else needed, Sungyeol, L and Sungjong finally got their schedules for the day. Eun Na, on the other hand, was still in shock of what just happened inside. She had never seen such situation occur before, and her mind entirely jumbled up from all the thoughts that had filled inside.
     Eun Na glanced at Sungyeo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter