Chapter 9: The Protective Side of Chanyeol

The Maiden's Locket
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     It was 4:15 pm when college finished for the day. Eun Na quickly packed up her sketchpad and pencil case inside her canvas backpack, hurrying to get home since the day had drained all her energy, especially when her Art teacher decided to assign them a project. Lunchtime earlier had been intense, seeing as though Chanyeol kept glancing at L every now and then. She even noticed that Chanyeol seemed to be keeping her away from the three, but mostly L; his arm slung around her shoulder, sitting in between L and her, and asking them numerous and pointless questions such as: do you have a girlfriend or anyone you like? Where do you live? How did you meet Eun Na? Chanyeol was not normally like that. Usually, he was very friendly and cheerful, but today he seemed uneasy and cold, notably after meeting Sungyeol, L and Sungjong, and she did not understand why. At first, she thought it was because he saw them as his competition - he was very obsessed with his 'godly' looks - but then she shrugged that thought off upon knowing that Chanyeol would not act the way he acted earlier just because those three were handsome. He would just need to praise and love himself more to make himself better inside.
     It took her a while to figure out the answer and when she did, she shook her head in disbelief. Chanyeol was Kai’s closest friend and of course, his friend being away for the time being, he was obliged to take care of Eun Na in Kai’s request. Undoubtedly, being the Kai that he was, Eun Na figured the best possible favour he could ask to Chanyeol: 'Never let any guys lay their hands or eyes on Eun Na'. She could not believe that even when he was away, he was still keeping an eye for her. Somehow, deep inside, she felt a little happy that Kai was concerned for her, but at the same time it burdened her because he was too protective to the point where he would use his friend as his eyes and ears.
     Eun Na shook her head as she closed her bag and slung one strap on her shoulder. She glanced at the three, who were already outside waiting for her, and smiled before walking out the class. She motioned for them to start walking and she trailed behind them.
     When they all reached the school grounds, Soyu greeted them and the five of them walked until they reached the front gate. Suddenly, Eun Na bumped into Sungyeol’s back and she looked up at him in surprise, making the latter apologise to her. Girls squealed as a familiar sound reached them. Eun Na walked in front of Sungyeol only to find EXO-K in their motorbikes, parked just outside the gates, directly in front of Eun Na, Soyu and the three Immortals. Chanyeol took his helmet off and looked at Eun Na with a smile, his right eye twitching a little.
     “Chanyeol.” Eun Na stared in awe as she looked at each guys in their motorbikes. She was still not used to the image of them being in motorbikes because she was used to the bubbly, childish and full of energy EXO-K and not the charismatic and rebellious one.
     Chanyeol tilted his head to the side. “Still not used, huh? It’s been two years, Parkie.” He remarked, shaking his head slightly in disbelief.
     “Yeah well, I don’t actually get used to the fact that you, who is normally sweet, romantic and playful, become this rebellious gangster on a bike.” Eun Na responded, earning a laugh from the rest of EXO-K.
     “Well, better get used to it cause you’ll see it a lot more often. Now, hop on, I’ll drop you off.” Chanyeol looked over at Baekhyun, who passed him an extra helmet. He unclasped the safety belt on the helmet and placed in on to Eun Na’s head, which was a little big bigger than her head.
     “Hey!” Eun Na pouted as she adjusted the helmet on her head.
     Chanyeol chuckled, “Cute,” he muttered under his breath, lightly knocking on the helmet the girl was wearing. “Now, come on.” He motioned his head towards him, signalling the younger girl to get on.
     Eun Na bit her bottom lip before taking the helmet off. “Chan, thank you, but no thanks. I’d rather walk my way home.” She apologetically smiled, handing Chanyeol the helmet back. The older male looked at her in confusion.
     “What? No, I’ll give you a ride home. You can’t walk on your own!” Chanyeol protested heavily, handing her the helmet back.
     “Yeah, Eun Na, what if some kidnaps you and... you?” Baekhyun pouted as he looked at Eun Na worriedly. She gave out a slight chuckle, seeing the older male’s adorable pout. 
     “I won’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter