C h a p t e r 7: I Love You

A Promise To Be Kept {Sequel}

C h a p t e r 7:

 

Listen: You and I by Park Bom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxYJcaK3DFQ 

 

                “JiJae~ah, meeting for music is after your last class,” said Mr. Park.

 

                “Araso, and I’ll need to leave a little early for basketball.  Is that alright?” JiJae asked.  Mr. Park nodded and she thanked him before leaving.  She happily walked through the halls.  Everyone greeted her and she greeted back.  She looked up and smiled happily to see JaeJoong leaning against her locker.  She ran up to him.  “Oppa!”  JaeJoong looked at her and smiled.

 

                “Hey!  Ready for lunch?” JaeJoong asked.  JiJae frowned.  “What’s wrong?”

 

                “Mianhe, oppa.  I can’t eat lunch with you today.  I promised Ms. Kwon that I help her paint morals around the school,” JiJae said, feeling so guilty.  It’s now they’re 3rdyear of college and JiJae changed back to her old self after she visited KyuHyun’s grave.  Since then, she and JaeJoong haven’t hung out a lot when she started to join many activities.  JaeJoong softly smiled at her.

               

                “It’s alright.  Maybe next time…hopefully,” JaeJoong said.  JiJae bit her lip in guilt.

 

                “It’s not alright, oppa.  I feel really bad,” she said.  JaeJoong hugged her, signaling her that it is alright.

 

                “I’m telling you, I won’t mind.  Do what you have to do, alright?  Ever since you started joining more activities, I’m happy that you did.  I rather have you succeed in whatever you want to do first than be with me,” JaeJoong said.  She bit her lip and hugged her him back.  JaeJoong smiled and broke the hug and looked into her eyes.  “Although, if you do need me, I’ll be by the tree as usual.”  JiJae giggled and smiled as she nodded.  JaeJoong waved bye and left.  She sighed and frowned.

 

                “But, I miss you, oppa,” JiJae said and sadly leaned against her locker.  Quickly, she opened it and took her things that she needed and headed outside to meet Ms. Kwon.

 

                “JiJae~ah, over here,” Ms. Kwon said and motioned her over.  JiJae smiled yet looked at her confusingly to see nothing.  “Sorry, JiJae, but the paint isn’t coming until tomorrow.  You’re able to have your free time though.  Will you have time to come tomorrow?”

 

                “Oh, it’s alright.  I can make it tomorrow,” JiJae said and left.

 

JiJae quietly walked to the tree.  She smiled and saw JaeJoong peacefully eating.  She quietly walked up behind the tree.  She counted to three and jumped right next to him.

 

                “Boo!” she yelled.  JaeJoong jumped and his food dropped to his plate.

 

                “JiJae~ah!  What are you doing here?” JaeJoong asked.

 

                “Ms. Kwon said that the paint doesn’t come until tomorrow.  So, it means that I get to hang out with you for lunch,” JiJae said happily.  JaeJoong smiled and put kimchi on his chopstick and put it against her lips.

 

                “Say, ‘ah’,” JaeJoong said.  JiJae giggled and opened .  JaeJoong smiled and fed her some kimchi.  “You never told me why you’re nicknamed Kimchi.  C’mon, it’s been about 3 years.”

 

                “Oppa, you’re slow and a total idiot.  Why else would DongHae oppa nickname me Kimchi?” she asked.

 

                “You love kimchi?” he asked.  JiJae laughed and nodded.  “Oh, I am an idiot.”  JiJae giggled and shook her head.

 

                “I’m only kidding oppa.  I do love kimchi, but DongHae oppa said it’s because my name sounds like kimchi.”  JaeJoong looked at her confusingly.  “KimJi.”  JaeJoong broke out a chuckle.  “Cute, eh?  Oppa thinks so.”

 

                “It’s very cute,” he said and kissed her cheek.  JiJae smiled and blushed hard.  Shyly, she looked up in his eyes.  Slowly, JaeJoong leaned in.  Their lips brushed against each other.

 

                “JaeJoong!” YooChun called. They quickly backed away.  JaeJoong cursed under his breath while JiJae just shyly looked away.  YooChun smirked and walked to him.

 

                “What?” JaeJoong asked, trying to hide his anger.

 

                “Can I have a kimchi?” YooChun asked.

 

                “What!  You just wanted freaking kimchi while you could’ve just bought it in the cafeteria!” JaeJoong burst.

 

                “Well, sorry that your kimchi tastes so much better than theirs,” YooChun said and took a piece of kimchi before he left them alone.  JaeJoong glared at him.  ‘My lips were freaking brushing against hers yet he RUINS it!’ JaeJoong screamed in his mind.

 

                “…Oppa!” JiJae called.  JaeJoong snapped out of his daze and faced JiJae.  She smiled at him.  “Finally, I thought something happened to you.”  JaeJoong chuckled and gave her more kimchi.

 

                “I’m fine.  Now eat.  I know how you only eat lunch when I’m with you,” JaeJoong said.  JiJae giggled and nodded before eating the kimchi.

 

                “You know, I want some chicken you have in the bowl too,” she said.  JaeJoong chuckled and gave her some chicken.  “Oppa, it’s alright, you can have…hmph?”

 

                “Just eat it.”  JiJae smiled and did. 

 

JaeJoong happily watched her eat his food.  He didn’t care if he would get hungry.  JiJae stood up.  JaeJoong stood up and they started to walk out of the school campus as they decided to take a small walk.  JaeJoong hugged her from behind.  JiJae turned around so that he was facing her, his arms still around her shoulders.  JiJae went up her toes and lightly kissed his lips.  She smiled, blushed, and giggled at his shocked expression.  JaeJoong smiled and leaned in to kiss her again.  JiJae smiled through their lips as she kissed him back.  JiJae broke it and hugged him.

               

                “I love you, oppa,” JiJae confessed.  JaeJoong’s heart was bursting in joy when he heard those words finally coming out of .  JaeJoong leaned in and kissed her.

 

                “I love you too.”

 

Listen: Your Love Is All I Need by DBSK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3ZqN8_ZZ60 

 

It was 7:00 when JaeJoong rang her doorbell.  JiJae opened the door and smiled to see JaeJoong.  He smiled back to see her wearing a tank top with a matching sweater over it, a skirt, and flats.

 

                “You look very nice,” JaeJoong said.  JiJae blushed and walked towards him and locked the door.

 

                “You too,” she said.

 

JaeJoong smiled and lightly kissed her lips.  For a year and a half they’ve been going out.  JaeJoong put his arm around her shoulders and led her to his motorcycle.  JiJae stopped and fearfully looked at him.  He frowned and just remembered about KyuHyun’s death was due to a motorcycle accident.  JaeJoong took out two helmets and gave one to her.  Hesitantly, she took it and put it on.  JaeJoong smiled and hugged her.

 

                “Don’t worry, I promise you that everything will be alright,” JaeJoong said as he kissed her cheek.  “I promise.”  JiJae slowly nodded and went behind him and tightly held his waist.  Soon, he drove off as she screamed in fear yet also in excitement.  “Gwenchena!”

 

                “Neh!” JiJae answered.

 

After 20 minutes passed, JaeJoong parked in front of the beach.  JiJae gave him his helmet.  He set his motorcycle and walked to their destination.  JaeJoong went up behind her and covered her eyes that made her giggle.

 

                “Don’t worry, I’ll lead you to where we’re going,” said JaeJoong.

 

JiJae nodded and JaeJoong stayed right behind her as they walked.  JaeJoong then uncovered her eyes.  She smiled when she saw homemade dukbokki, kimchi, fish, and bulgoggi.  She giggled to see a plate of egg custard, freshly baked in the middle of the table.  She loved seeing a red rose in a vase and the two candle lights too.  She looked at JaeJoong who was looking at her with a worried look.

 

                “Is it stupid?” he asked.  JiJae smiled and shook her head.

 

                “It’s perfect,” she said and kissed his cheek.  “Let’s eat.”  JaeJoong smiled and followed her to the picnic mat.  “Gomawo, oppa.”

 

                “Anything for my girl,” JaeJoong replied and sat down in front of her.  Once he did, they started eating.  He looked at her, hoping she’ll compliment on his food.  She looked at him and shyly smiled.

 

                “It tastes amazing, oppa,” JiJae said, making him smile in relief.

 

                “I’m glad,” he said.

 

Soon, JaeJoong stood up, leaving JiJae clueless on what he was doing.  He took her hand and helped her stand up.  JaeJoong softly gazed into her eyes, making her melting inside.  He leaned in and deeply kissed her.  Happily, JiJae kissed him back.  He broke the kiss, held her left hand, and knelt down, leaving her in shock.  She just stared into his deep eyes.

 

                “JiJae~ah, I---um…how do I start this?” he asked himself.  JiJae giggled.  JaeJoong smiled at her.  “Well, I did plan out on what to say but I forgot.  I just wanted to say that I love you so much that I don’t ever want to lose you.  I want to be the guy to make you happy.  I want to be the guy to listen to your problems or any news you have.  Mostly, I want to be the guy that would stay by your side.  So, will you marry me?”  Already, tears were falling down her face.  JaeJoong felt her warm tears on his hand.  He stood up and gently wiped away her tears.  “Is that…a no?”

 

                “Anio, I accept,” she answered happily.  “I love you so much, oppa.”  JaeJoong smiled widely and kissed her in excitement.  He broke the kiss and took out the ring out of his pocket.  He gently slid it on her left ring finger and picked her up by the waist and twirled her around.  “Ah!” she squealed in excitement.  He stopped and put her down.

 

                “JiJae~ah, you’ve made me the happiest man in the world,” JaeJoong said.  JiJae blushed and smiled.

 

                “You make me the happiest woman.  How did you know that I want to be proposed in the beach?” she asked.  JaeJoong smiled and lightly kissed her.

 

                “I remember you telling me stories that you wanna be proposed here and mostly you wanted to get married here.  Hopefully if you say yes, I find it kinda romantic to be married at the same place to be proposed.”  JiJae smiled, remembering how she told KyuHyun she wanted to be proposed in the beach.

 

                “What if you proposed in the sidewalk?” she jokingly asked.

 

                “That wouldn’t happen.  I plan things first,” JaeJoong answered with a laugh.  JiJae laughed along.

 

                “Have you planned of the date?” JiJae asked.

 

                “As soon as we graduate college,” JaeJoong answered.  “If that’s okay with you.”

 

                “How about, when we’re ready.  The time that we have money and jobs.”

 

                “That’s even better.  I’ll be willing to wait for as long as I could as long as I’m with you in this time,” JaeJoong said and kissed her lightly on the lips.  “I love you.”

 

                “I love you too, oppa.”

 

Listen: Timeless By Zhang Li Yin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXkFnjALrk8 

 

Their college years are now done.  Both of them are successful in their careers.  JiJae was a nurse for children while JaeJoong ran a business for his parents.  Usually, they have time for each other.  Both of their wedding plans were done and the date and honeymoon date was set.

 

                “Ready for next week?” JaeJoong asked.  JiJae nodded.  JaeJoong smiled and kissed her.

 

                “Oppa, keep your eyes on the road,” JiJae said.  JaeJoong nodded and did.  He would sometimes take quick glances at her.

 

                “I love you,” he said.  She blushed and smiled.

 

                “I love you, too,” she answered back.

 

That was the last thing she remembered.