C h a p t e r 4: Hi Yumi

A Promise To Be Kept {Sequel}

A/N: I'm sorry for the wait.  School is almost over and I'm like gonna be busy with exams and studying for them ^^.

 

C h a p t e r 4:

 

Lucky by Ashily:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv4xRv-Vyws

 

                “Achoo!” JiJae sneezed once she woke up.  She weakly got out of bed and looked at the mirror.  She frowned.  Her face was pale with puffy looking eyes.  She shivered so she hugged herself warm.  “Aigoo, I can’t go to school today.”

 

 

The bell rang and everyone was in their seats.  JaeJoong looked at the corner of the room, where JiJae sits.  He frowned, still not seeing her there.

 

                “You’re worried that she isn’t here, huh?” YooChun asked.  JaeJoong looked at him and guilty smiled.

 

                “Yeah, I’m worried.  She might be sick.  Yesterday I followed her and it was raining and we’ve been in the rain for almost the whole day,” JaeJoong said.

 

                “Ah, so she’s just sick.  Don’t worry too much about her.  It’ll most likely be a fever then.  She’ll come back tomorrow, okay?”

 

                “Hopefully.”

 


 

                “Achoo!” JiJae sneezed again.  She then heard a knock on her door.  Curiously, she walked to her door and opened it.  Her eyes widened.  “J-JaeJoong~ah.”

 

                “Hello,” JaeJoong answered sheepishly with a smile.  JiJae softly smiled.  ‘This guy sure does make me smile more, huh?’

 

                “Hi…um…how did you know where I live?” JiJae asked.

 

                “Remember, I stalked you before,” JaeJoong answered.

 

                “Oh…um, Achoo!  Come in.”  JiJae walked to the side so that he can enter her place.  JaeJoong smiled and nodded.

 

                “Bless you and thank you.”

JaeJoong took off his shoes and came in.  JiJae closed the door and her attention was then to the bag that he was holding.  JaeJoong walked inside her kitchen and put the bag on the counter.  He then took out a container of food and a capsule of tea.  JiJae walked next to him and watched him open the container.

 

                “I hope you’ll like the porridge I made,” JaeJoong said and took out a bowl and put some porridge inside.  “Since you weren’t in school today, I thought it might be because you were sick because of yesterday.  Here you go.”

 

JiJae looked at the bowl and then at him.  She nodded and softly smiled.

 

                “Thank you so much, JaeJoong,” she said and ate the porridge.  JaeJoong looked at her with hope in his eyes.  She looked at him and smiled.  “It’s really good, oppa.”  He then sighed in relief.

 

                “I’m glad and…I like it when you call me oppa,” JaeJoong said.  JiJae smiled and slightly blushed.

 

                “Oh, um…sorry, it just came out naturally.”

 

                “It’s alright.  I like it.  JaeJoong oppa.  Oppa.  Jae.  Joongie---call me whatever you want.”  She gave out a giggle and nodded.

 

                “Okay, Joongie oppa.”  JaeJoong blushed and smiled at her.

 

                “Oh, here’s some green tea too and I also brought the work and homework we had today.  I’ll help you.”

 

JaeJoong took his bag and sat down on the sofa in another room, adjacent to the kitchen.  JiJae watched him happily, seeing how excited he seems to help her out.  She took the bowl of porridge and tea and walked to him.  She watched him as he took out her work and all of his notes.  He gave her his notes and gave her a really bright smile which made her smile back.

 

                “Oppa, you’re extra happy today.  How come?” JiJae asked.  JaeJoong lied down and looked at the ceiling.

 

                “I don’t know.  I guess, knowing that I’m right next to you with not so much worries keeps me at ease…keeps me happy,” JaeJoong answered.  JiJae softly smiled at his answer and then looked at the notes he gave.

 

                “Wow, he gave so much,” she said.

 

                “I know.  You were lucky though.  He went way too fast on us that I begged YooChun to give me notes.”  JiJae thought hard for a second.

 

                “YooChun?  You’re friend right?” she asked.  JaeJoong nodded.

 

                “Yup.  If you want, the three of us can hang out and stuff when you feel better,” JaeJoong suggested.

 

                “No, not yet.  I’ll wait when…I’m ready.”

 

                “How come?”

 

                “Because…”  She then looked at him with a sad smile.  “I bet the things that we might do, will remind me of KyuHyun more.  Right now, the way you’re taking care of me is reminding me of him, but I’m not sad about it.  I’m happy because you’re taking care of me and I like it.”  She slowly looked away and blushed from her confession.  JaeJoong smiled at her.

 

                “Well, I’ll try and do anything to keep you happy.  If you’re hurt because of the memories I’m doing that made you remind you of him, then I’ll stop and do something else.”  JiJae looked at him and saw how serious he was but at the same time, he had a soft expression on his face.  She shyly and smiled and nodded.

 

                “So…how do you do this math problem?” she asked.

 

As a month passed, JaeJoong had realized how much JiJae had changed.  She smiled and laughed more than she had before.  Both of them were walking around when JaeJoong lead her to the garden/meadow.

 

                “Oppa, what are we doing here?” JiJae asked.

 

                “This is the day when Yumi died so I’m visiting our secret place,” JaeJoong answered.

 

                “Oh, it’s today?” she asked.

 

                “Yup.  He then stood on the spot where he and Yumi confessed.  He looked up in the sky with a smile.  “Yumi~ah, meet JiJae.  My friend.  I bet you’re happy that I’ve moved on.  I hope you’re doing well up there and you’re waiting for me right?  Because you better and if any dead guy there is hitting on you, tell me when I’m there because I’ll kick their asses.”  JiJae laughed and looked at the sky too.

 

                “Yumi~ah, hi!  You’re JaeJoong here is an amazing guy.  I can see why you love him very much,” JiJae said with a happy smile on her face.  “If you see a guy name Cho KyuHyun, then he’s my boyfriend and I hope that you two become friends like me and JaeJoong and you’re not the only one who’s going to be waiting for someone up there.”  JaeJoong looked at her and softly smiled.  JiJae looked at JaeJoong.  “Oppa, who knew that your secret place is the same place as mines and KyuHyun oppa?”

 

                “Well, it did seem like it,” JaeJoong responded.

 

                “Oppa, I think KyuHyun oppa is happy for me now.  I’m not depressed or anything.  I feel that I am happier right now too.  I miss this,” she said.  JaeJoong suddenly hugged her then kissed her forehead.

 

                “Then…I’m happy for you too.”  He looked deeply into her eyes, searching for any signs.  He soon leaned in slowly, having JiJae’s eyes wide open, knowing what he’ll do.  JaeJoong stopped and backed away.  He turned away and blushed, trying to avoid eye contact with her.  “M-Mianhe.  I-I’ll try not to do that again.”

JiJae just looked at him.  She blinked twice and nodded, not able to utter a word.  JaeJoong looked at her to see her confused and still in her shock state.

 

                “J-JaeJoong oppa…i-i-it’s alright.  I’m not angry,” JiJae finally said.  JaeJoong sighed in relief and smiled.

 

                “Okay, good.”