C h a p t e r 8: Kept Promise

A Promise To Be Kept {Sequel}

C h a p t e r 8:

 

Listen: A Girl Meets Love by K. Will ft. Tiffany *Instrumental Version*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz-0924rI0M 

 

                “Dr. Kim, she’s waking up,” a nurse said.  Dr. Kim ran up to his patient.  Her eyes opened, to see a blurry face.  After blinking a few times, her vision was clear.

 

                “JiJae~ah, does your body hurt?” Dr. Kim asked.  She weakly nodded.  “Can you speak?”  It was silent for a while.

 

                “N-Neh,” she replied weakly.

 

                “What’s your name?”

 

                “Kim JiJae.”

 

                “Where are you living right now?”

 

                “Seoul, South Korea,” she answered.  Dr. Kim nodded at the nurse as she wrote things down.

 

                “I’ll come back soon,” he said.

 

 JiJae just watched the doctor and nurse leave.  She just stared ahead of her, just thinking on why she’s here.  She looked to her left to see a curtain.  She can see someone’s shadow just lying down on the bed.  She frowned and slowly sat up.  She held her head up in pain.  Her eyes shot wide opened.

 

                “J-JaeJoong oppa,” she mumbled.  Tears were forming in her eyes and slowly, they fell.  “JaeJoong oppa.”  Not caring about the pain she felt, she stood up.  She opened the curtain that was next to her to see another nightmare.  “Oppa.”

She saw JaeJoong lifelessly lying on the bed.  He had bandages around his head, his left arm, and right wrist.  He had cuts and bruises on him along with an oxygen mask to keep him breathing.  She looked at his heart rate that was beating normally.  She tightly held his hand, kneeling in front of him.

 

                “Oppa, please, please, wake up,” JiJae begged, her tears continuously flowing.  “Oppa, come on.”  The door then opened to reveal Dr. Kim with the same nurse again.

 

                “JiJae, I need you to go back to your bed and rest,” Dr. Kim said.  JiJae bit her lip and nodded.  Hesitantly, she let go of his hand and sat back down.  Her gaze was only on JaeJoong.  Dr. Kim walked in front of her and faced her.

 

                “Do you remember what happened?” Dr. Kim asked.  Tears formed in her eyes as she nodded.  “What happened?”  JiJae bit her lip and told her story.

 

F l a s h b a c k

 

                “Ready for next week?” JaeJoong asked.  JiJae nodded.  JaeJoong smiled and kissed her.

 

                “Oppa, keep your eyes on the road,” JiJae said.  JaeJoong nodded and did.  He would sometimes take quick glances at her.

 

                “I love you,” he said.  She blushed and smiled.

 

                “I love you, too,” she answered back.

 

JiJae glanced at JaeJoong who was focusing perfectly at the road.  JaeJoong took quick glances at her and smiled.

 

                “Am I that amazing to look at?” JaeJoong asked.  JiJae giggled and nodded.  She looked at JaeJoong’s side of the window.

 

                “Oppa!  Watch out!” she yelled.  JaeJoong turned and panicked.  He tried turning the other way, but the car hit his side.  JiJae screamed and JaeJoong protectively covered JiJae as the car flipped upside down.  The man who hit the car died instantly.

 

End of Flashback

 

                “Th-The man died…I-I think,” JiJae said.

 

                “He did die.  He drank too much alcohol, had alcohol poisoning and he was badly drunk,” Dr. Kim explained.

 

                “Is…Is JaeJoong going to be alright?” she asked.  Dr. Kim looked at JaeJoong then back at her.

 

                “It depends if he wakes up from a coma,” Dr. Kim answered.  “His heart might stop.”  JiJae blankly stared at JaeJoong.  Her vision was blurred with tears that she tried to hold.  “And you, JiJae~shi, you’ll be staying here for about 3 days, depending how fast you’re recovering, araso?”  She blankly nodded.  Dr. Kim sighed and they walked to the door.  JiJae walked back to JaeJoong and sat down on a chair, holding his hand.

 

                “Oppa, wake up soon.  We can’t miss our wedding and…I can’t bear to lose you too,” JiJae said as her voice cracked from her last words.  “KyuHyun oppa, help him live.”

It was the day that JiJae was discharged from the hospital.  She called YooChun to pick her up so that she can head home and pack some clothes to return to the hospital.

               

                “JiJae~ah, you need to go back to work too,” YooChun said.

 

                “They heard about my wedding news and the accident.  They said that after my honeymoon, I’ll return, or as soon as possible,” JiJae answered.  “I-I need to be with him.”

 

                “JiJae~ah, as a brother…don’t get too worked up.  I don’t want anything bad to happen to you just because JaeJoong hyung is in a coma,” YooChun replied.  JiJae softly smiled at him and nodded as she held her tears.

 

                “Araso.”

 

JaeJoong’s mother postponed their wedding date for the next month.  JiJae went back to work once she recovered, yet, she was so depressed that JaeJoong wouldn’t even wake up yet.

 

                “Unnie, gwenchena?” SooYoung, a 10 year old girl who had sprained her ankle, asked.  JiJae looked at her and smiled.

 

                “Don’t worry, SooYoung, I’m fine.  Now, tomorrow you’re able to go back home, araso?” JiJae asked.  SooYoung smiled happily and took her crutches back to her bed.  She sighed again, staring at the sky.  “Oppa, wake up.”

 

JiJae walked out of the nursery.  She saw YooChun’s car and lightly smiled as she walked over.

 

                “I’ll drive you home so you can wash up, okay?” YooChun asked.  JiJae nodded and entered the house.  In minutes, they arrived at her place.

 

She said bye to him and entered inside.  She did her usual routine.  She put her bag down, went up to the bathroom to take a shower, change in something comfortable and ate before going to bed or watch TV.  She sighed and looked at her engagement ring.  A tear slid down.

 

                “Oppa, when I see you tomorrow, you better wake up,” she said with a weak and sad smile.


Listen: I Need You by Amber Kuo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjKfE1_krnY 

 

It was the next morning.  JiJae was off, so she decided to go to the hospital.

 

                “Doctor, will he wake up?” a nurse asked.

 

                “He’ll die.  I expect him to wake up since yesterday,” Dr. Kim said.  JiJae heard and tears were forming in her eyes.  She covered , hoping her sobs wouldn’t be heard.  Dr. Kim turned to JiJae.  “I’m very sorry, JiJae~shi.  Tonight, we would have to turn everything off.”  She shook her head.

 

                “P-Please, doctor, please.  Just wait until he wakes up, please,” she begged, as her voice was breaking.

 

                “We’ll have to think about it.  Again, yesterday was when he was supposed to wake up from the coma,” Dr. Kim stated.

 

                “O-Okay,” she said in a whisper.  Dr. Kim and the nurse walked out.  JiJae leaned a little closer to JaeJoong and held his hand.

 

                “Oppa, you’ll wake up, right?” she asked.  “Oppa.  Please.”  She looked at his heartbeat.  It was still beating normally which kept her a little more at ease.  She looked at him and tears would still form.  “Oppa, if you die…I don’t think I can keep my promise for you and KyuHyun.  I’m just going to be a wreck.”  She got up and lied down on the small space on the bed next to him.  She still held his hand, hoping that he knows that she’s next to him.  “Oppa, I love you.  Please don’t do this to me.”  She felt her hand being weakly squeezed.  Her eyes widened and she turned to JaeJoong.  He was in the same state as always.  She frowned, hoping that he was awake.

 

                “J-JiJae~ah.”  JiJae stared at JaeJoong.

 

                “O-Oppa?” she asked.  She saw him form a soft smile.  Tears were running down her face and she quickly hugged him.

 

                “Oppa, you’re alive.  You’re awake.  You’re here,” she sobbed happily.  With his strength, JaeJoong hugged her back.

 

                “Yeah, I’m back.  I want you to keep your promise and I’m here to stay by your side,” JaeJoong said softly.

 

                “Oppa.”

 

                “Shh, don’t cry.”

 

                “I’m just happy you’re here.”  JaeJoong released from the hug and took off his oxygen mask and pulled her in for a kiss.

 

 

Listen: Cry by Mandy Moore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEukQl6kUHA 

 

                “Do you, Kim JaeJoong, take Kim JiJae as your beloved wife, for all eternity?” the priest asked.  (A/N: Yeah, I don’t know if those are the right words ^^)

 

                “I do,” JaeJoong said, giving her the softest smile ever.

 

                “And do, you Kim JiJae, take Kim JaeJoong as your beloved husband, for all eternity?”

 

                “I do,” JiJae responded with tears already falling.

 

                “You may now kiss the bride.”

JaeJoong slowly took the veil that was covering her face.  He cupped her face and leaned in and passionately kissed her as everyone clapped in cheered in happiness.  JaeJoong pulled out of the kiss and gently wiped her tears away before walking down the aisle.  Everyone cheered, throwing confetti, flower petals, and cheered for their wedding.  Soon enough, everyone headed for the reception party.  It was time for the dance and JiJae was dancing with DongHae.

 

                “Ah, my baby girl is finally married,” DongHae said.  Tears formed in her eyes.

 

                “Oppa,” she said and looked up at him.

 

                “Don’t worry, you’re always my sister.  My only Kimchi,” he said.  JiJae giggled.

 

                “You’re my only Fishy,” she said and poked his chest.  DongHae smiled and pinched her cheek lightly.  “Aish, you and pinching.  You should be a crab instead.”  DongHae laughed.

 

                “I like fish.  Maybe I should bite you.”

 

                “Anio.  Don’t do that, Fishy.”  DongHae laughed more and soon felt a tap on his shoulder.  He turned around to see JaeJoong.

 

                “May I dance with my bride now?” JaeJoong asked.  He chuckled at him.

 

                “Of course.  She’s your wife now,” DongHae said and walked to sit back down.

 

JaeJoong turned to JiJae and smiled.  JaeJoong wrapped his arms around her waist while her arms were wrapped around his neck.  JaeJoong leaned his forehead against hers and softly kissed the tip of her nose.

 

                “I’m glad you’re here, oppa.  I’m glad that we’re married,” JiJae whispered loud enough for him to hear.

 

                “I’m glad too.  Thank you for being with me all the time,” JaeJoong said.

 

                “I need to oppa.  I don’t want you alone and if you’re alone, I’m scared that you will leave me,” she replied as tears fell from her eyes.  JaeJoong wiped them away.

 

                “Aigoo, don’t cry.  I’m here now and I will promise you that we will both live for a very long time,” he said.  JiJae smiled and nodded.  JaeJoong then leaned in and kissed her lips.  “And thank you for keeping your promise.”

 

                “It’s a promise that needs to be kept, oppa.” 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Well, that's the final chapter! ^^ I hope that you enjoyed this fanfic and look forward to any fanfics I'll be updating in the future! ^^