C h a p t e r 1: JJ + YM

A Promise To Be Kept {Sequel}

C h a p t e r 1:

 

Listen: It Started With A Kiss by Ariel Lin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=621MhCxgdlM

 

                “Hey, Jae!” YooChun, JaeJoong’s best friend, greeted.

 

                “Hey, man.  Did you hear that we have a new student?” JaeJoong asked.  YooChun chuckled.

 

                “I heard that it’s a girl,” YooChun added.

 

                “Oh wow.  Hopefully she’ll be nice,” said JaeJoong.  He looked at the ring Yumi gave him on his birthday.

 

 F l a s h b a c k

 

                “Oppa!” Yumi said happily when she covered his eyes.

 

                “Yumi~ah,” JaeJoong responded happily, holding her hands that covered his eyes.  He turned around and gave her a kiss on the lips.  “So, why’d you call me here?”

 

                “Oppa, you’re getting old.  Forgetting your own birthday,” Yumi said with a giggle.

 

                “I know that it’s my birthday.  I thought that you forgot,” JaeJoong said sadly as he pouted.  Yumi gave him a warm-hearted smile and kissed him lightly on the lips.

 

                “How can I not forget?  You’re my fiancé, so I got you something.”  She gave him a small, wrapped box that is decorated with smiling faces.  JaeJoong happily accepted it and opened his gift.  He looked at her.

 

                “A ring?” he asked.  Yumi nodded happily.

 

                “Let’s say, it’s like your engagement ring too,” she said cheerfully.  “But look, there are our initials.”  JaeJoong smiled and put the ring on his left ring finger.

 

                “Then, I’ll accept your marriage,” JaeJoong said and passionately kissed her as she happily she kissed him back.

 

End of Flashback

 

                “Thinking about Yumi again, huh?” YooChun asked

 

                “How’d you know?” JaeJoong asked.

 

                “We’ve been friends since the first semester of college.  You’re like my brother.  Every time you look at that ring, you think of her,” YooChun asked.  JaeJoong chuckled.

 

                “You’re smart.”

 

                “I know I am.”  Only 5 more minutes left until class starts so JaeJoong decided to take out his homework.

 

                “Crap, I’ll be right back.  I forgot my homework,” said JaeJoong.  YooChun laughed.

 

                “Smooth,” he said once JaeJoong left the room.

 

                “Hmm…” JiJae looked around the hallways, finding her new class.  “Aish, this is the largest college that I will ever see.”  She looked at the map again and the room number in front of her.  “I have to be close.  This is room G56 and I need to get to H71.”

 

                “Need help?”  JiJae jumped from the sudden voice.  She turned to see the most handsome man she ever saw.

 

                “Um…yeah,” she answered quietly.  “I’m looking for room H71.”

 

                “Oh, I’m in that class.  Follow me,” he said.

 

                “O-Okay.”

 

JaeJoong smiled and lead the way.  JiJae slowly followed him and then found him entering a room.  She looked up and slightly smiled to finally find her room.

 

                “Oh, you are Ms. Kim JiJae?” Mr. Choi asked.  She nodded, a little nervous to talk.  “Please introduce yourself.”  JiJae shyly stood in front of the class.  Her hands were both in front of her.

 

                “A-Annyounghaesayo, Kim JiJae, imnida.  P-Please treat me nicely,” she said nervously.

 

                “Okay, JiJae, I want you to sit at any empty seat in the room,” Mr. Choi said.  JiJae nodded and found one at the back of the corner of the room that is next to the window.  Once she sat down, class started.  “Okay, class, in Romeo and Juliette…”

 

JiJae just stared out the window, not really paying attention to what he’s saying.  ‘Oppa, see?  I’m trying to move on…right?’ she thought to herself as she fiddled with her bracelet.   As a few hours passed, it was time for lunch.  Most of the students went out for lunch and some stayed in the cafeteria.  JiJae walked outside, sitting underneath a tree.  She looked down at her wrist and stared at her bracelet with different charms.  The one she stared during class.

 

F l a s h b a c k

 

Listen: Like Now by DBSK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6iihzpyzjA

 

                “Yah!  Oppa, where are you taking me?” JiJae asked as her boyfriend was dragging her somewhere.

 

                “Just trust me, JiJi,” KyuHyun said.  JiJae pouted, but soon smiled.  KyuHyun stopped walking, let go of her hand and bended down.  She looked at him questionably.  KyuHyun just laughed.  “Hop on.”

 

                “Oh,” she responded.  She suddenly smiled.  “Okay, oppa.”  She happily got on.  KyuHyun easily stood up and walked to his destination.  “Wah!  Oppa, this meadow is so pretty!”

 

                “I know.  I found it and hoping that this place can be our secret place.  No one else shall know,” said KyuHyun.  JiJae giggled.

 

                “Okay, oppa.  So…what should we do here?” she asked.

 

                “I have something for you,” KyuHyun said.  She looked at him in curiosity.  KyuHyun smiled and kissed her cheek.  He held her wrist.

 

                “Oppa, is it more jewelry?” JiJae asked.  “I really don’t want you buying me jewelry since you always buy me the most expensive ones and I always feel bad and…”  JiJae stopped talking as she stared at the charm bracelet in front of her.  “Oppa...”

 

                “I don’t care, JiJi.  You know how much I love you and I need to spoil you because I do.”  JiJae blushed and smiled at him.  “Do you not like it?  You haven’t said anything about it.”  JiJae giggled when she saw him pout.

 

                “Of course I love it.”  She looked at the three charms on her wrist.  “So…what do they represent?”  KyuHyun smiled at her.  He pulled her down and she sat between his legs.  KyuHyun held her wrist to get a hold of her bracelet with his arms around her shoulders.

 

                “Well, this crown is there because you’re my princess and I’m your loveable and amazing prince.  The angel wings because you know that you’re my angel.  And this heart is my heart.  Now you know that I’m always going to be with you,” KyuHyun answered.  JiJae smiled at him and lightly kissed his lips.

 

                “I love you, oppa,” JiJae said.

 

                “I love you too.”

 

End of Flashback

 

Listen: Can You Hear Me by Lee Seung Chul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWlTQAFZxcY

 

                “*sighs* I miss you, oppa.  I miss you so much,” JiJae said quietly when a tear slid down her cheek.

 

JaeJoong and YooChun walked around the school during lunch.  YooCho stopped walking, making JaeJoong to stop also.

 

                “What’s wrong?” asked JaeJoong.

 

                “Is that the new girl?” YooChun asked.  JaeJoong looked closely to see JiJae sitting alone.

 

                “Oh, yeah it is.  JiJae right?” he asked.

 

                “I think so.  C’mon, I wanna introduce myself.”  JaeJoong nodded and followed him.  “Hiya.”  JiJae looked up with sad looking eyes.

 

                “Hi,” she said.  “Anything wrong?”  YooChun smiled while JaeJoong just closely stared at her.

 

                “I just wanted to introduce myself.  I know you’re new so if you need any assistance, my friend here, JaeJoong, and I are always here if you need help,” YooChun asked.  “Oh, and I’m Park YooChun.”

 

                “Hi, YooChun.  Kim JiJae.  Thanks for the offer but I’ll figure things out soon.”  She then stood up.  “It was nice meeting you.”

 

She then walked away without looking back.  YooChun turned to JaeJoong, soon giving him a questionable look.

 

                “Yah, what’s with the look?  It looked like you saw something unbelievable,” YooChun asked.

 

                “I-I did,” JaeJoong mumbled.  “I-I’ll meet you in class.”

 

With that, JaeJoong ran off.  YooChun weirdly looked at him and shrugged it off and walked away.  JaeJoong hid at the side of the building, keeping a good close distance between him and JiJae.  JiJae just sat down; hugging her knees as she blankly stared at the garden in front of her.

 

                “Oppa, what do I do?” JiJae asked herself, loud enough for JaeJoong to hear.  “I’m really lost without you by my side.”  A tear then slid down her cheek.  “Oppa, where are you?  Are you next to me now?  Are you just watching me?  I’m so lost.”

JiJae buried her head down and softly cried.  JaeJoong frowned and just watched her.  The bell rang.  JaeJoong sprinted to his class so that JiJae wouldn’t suspect that anyone was watching her.  JiJae stood up, wiping her tears away.  She stopped when she found something shiny on the ground.  She picked it up and examined it closely.

 

                “JJ+YM.  Who are they?  I need to give this back.”