Intimidated

Round 1? Fight? [hiatus]

 

 

   The next couple weeks Tao and the others found it a bit disturbing how nice Kris was being. Tao figured that it was because he had won the fight and now Kris had given up. The others also thought the same except Xiumin suspected it was part of his game, he shrugged it off and didn't tell anyone of his suspicions, after all they were to debut this week and all hype was around that! 

 

  Tao of course enjoyed this "nice" Kris who seemed to do whatever for his maknae now just like it was before. 

"Can we go out to the store gege?" Tao asked Kris.

"no"

"but pleaseeeee" Tao jumped on his lap and did his bboing-bboing which he hadn't used in a good while. 

When he and Kris were super close. Kris took care of him so well and they were so sweet to each other.  

Kris sighed and agreed. "fine, lets go make it quick"  This was almost a dejavu for them just like in the beginning, when Tao first came to SM…..

 

 Tao was very shy being the new kid and not knowing the language at all, even though this leader guy Kris seemed to take care of everyone, Tao found him very intimidating and dared not even try to become close to him. Kris was also at first intimidated by this mysterious boy but soon realized that he should at least try to help the him settle in with everyone. Except when he tried getting close to the him he got avoided. 

 

  Kris kept trying to invite Tao out to eat or something but Tao kept making excuses he wasn't aware of the leaders intentions until finally Kris forced him to go buy some ice cream with him after one day of practice. Tao followed the taller boy with his head down. 

"So Tao, how are you liking it here so far?" Kris casually asked. 

"it's nice" Tao answered shyly. 

"have you made any friends?" Kris kept asking questions as they walked back to their dorm.

"hmm beside you guys hum not yet, still don't know enough Korean"

"oh yeah ask xiumin oppa for help" Kris laughed teasing the younger boy.

"gege" Tao pouted cutely which surprised Kris, he smiled and ruffled the boys hair who put his head down, blushing slightly.

"I'm going to go practice my wushu gege, you can go to the dorm without me" Tao added remembering he wanted to perfect his skills a bit. 

"what? at this time?!" Kris shook his head. "nah just practice tomorrow"

"no I have to!" Tao insisted. 

"fine but I'm going with you" 

"what? no you don't have to"

"shut up and lets go" Kris lead the way to the practice studio. 

  While Tao was practicing his wushu, Kris started putting down some self-composed lyrics onto his iPhone's notes, glancing up at Tao here and there to observe him. Tao is really amazing at wushu, he thought to himself. Tao at first didn't like being watched especially by Kris of all people, it intimidated him and made him feel shy. He thought about how eventually he'd have to perform in front of thousands of people so why is Kris such a big deal? He pushed all his hesitation aside and continued to practice.  

 

 This almost became a habit for Kris to accompany Tao on his long practice nights, except one day Kris felt the Tao was pushing himself to far. 

"Yah Tao that's enough lets go back to the dorm" Kris said. Tao ignored him and continued with his dangerous stunts. 

"Tao! stop you're going to hurt yourself" Kris told him again but still he was ignored, this got him angered, he could sense the frustration in the boy but didn't understand he was already perfect at his moves why is he pushing himself so much? Finally having enough he stood up.

"TAO I SAID ENOUGH!" Tao tumbled onto the ground whimpering in pain. Kris rushed to him 

"I TOLD YOU! SEE!" he was about to lift Tao up but was surprised that Tao flinched away. He sighed and knelt down next to him.

"Are you okay? did you hurt yourself?" Kris asked in a softer tone. Tao didn't say anything. 

"sorry kiddo but we should really head back, you were perfect today okay? don't be too harsh on yourself. No one is as good as you" Kris put his hand on Tao's shoulder and smiled slightly. Tao was touched by the older boys words and finally gave in but was a bit embarrassed that Kris had to practically carry him to their dorm since he was so exhausted. 

 

 From then on it was Tao trying to get close to Kris, even though they were already as close as one can get without it being weird. 

 

"gege!" Tao jumped happily around Kris

"what?" Kris sighed as he took a deep gulp of water, exhausted yet happy that practice was now over.

"can we stop by that bakery again, on our way to the dorm!" Tao asked.

"no" 

"aw come on why not?"

"we stopped by yesterday Tao!" Kris chuckled 

"and they call me the fat one" Xiumin glared at Tao and then giggled. 

"but wasn't that thing we got yesterday really good?!!" Tao smiled.

"it really was" Chen nodded.

"yes Tao it was but no" Kris shook his head causing the boy to glare and making Luhan and Lay chuckle.

"looks like you're going to have to pull out your secret weapon" Luhan smiled at Tao.

"you're right " Tao smirked.

"NO!!!!!!" Kris glared and turned away.

"oooooh Kris!!!!!" chimed Tao in his soft voice as he walked around Kris and right in front of him he bounced and did his cute face "bboing bboing" he winked cutely. Kris wanted to cry, he covered his face and groaned. 

"KRISSSS" Tao whined and kept doing it.

"OKAY OKAY!!" Kris sighed giving in.

"you owe me 10 bucks Chen!" Xiumin poked Chen in the stomach. "told you he always gives in."

 

 

  One night Kris was sound asleep after a long exhausting day, he jumped as he felt someone crawl under his blankets.

"Tao?" he whispered.

"gege I don't feel good, I can't sleep" Tao whimpered hugging and cuddling against the older boy, who sighed and caressed his hair gently.

"Tao I told you not to watch scary movies with Xiumin and Lay." Kris scolded the boy who said nothing and pretended to be asleep. Kris rolled his eyes and chuckled, hugging Tao close to him and falling back asleep

 

This is how it was… it's only recent that they've been fighting and butting heads. Why though? what changed? Kris especially wondered this, he decided to take it into his own hands since he was the older one, the leader and just stubborn. Tao on the other hand, knew he just didn't realize it, he was more curious on why Kris suddenly decided to "let" Tao win. What is going on?!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thanks for all the comments guys! :D it really was the only reason I was motivated to continue this! sorry it's not that great! writers block has been horrible to me! == I keep getting great ideas and images but then when I try typing it.. it doesn't come out Dx not to mention school is getting hectic! only 2 more weeks though thank god! and I gave up time from writing two 7 pg papers just to be able to get one more chapter up! haha xD 

thank you for being patient! i'll keep trying harder! :)