Fake smiles but a sincere heart.

Unlucky I'm Inlove with My Bestfriend

Tomorrow came and fortunately, he came too.

“Why did you suddenly asked me to go with you here in Lotte World?” Jaejoong asked, with a hint of impatience and irritation in his voice. “I just thought that maybe you’re stressing yourself out so I’ll treat you here,” I said in a cheerful tone, faking a smile. He sighed and we entered the amusement park.

Inside, we enjoyed the rides; no, more like I was the only one who enjoyed them all. I can see the irritation in Jaejoong’s face as I hook my arms to him. I can sense how impatient he gets every time we line up for a ride. I can hear his cold replies to my questions. I can feel that he doesn’t enjoy the moment with me anymore.

Its night already and we’re just sitting on a bench where we can see the dark sky. I was looking above when Jaejoong started a conversation.

“Mi yeo-ssi, why are you so quiet now? You’re tired? Why you did even think of going here when there’s nothing to cele –“

“Happy Birthday, Jaejoong oppa,” I whispered, but loud enough for him to hear.

“But my birthday was a week a –“

“I know. But you were busy, remember? You didn’t even go to your favorite restaurant where I told you to meet me at 7.”

“I’m sorry, Mi Yeo-ssi. I was so busy that I didn’t check my phone anymore.”

“I’m sorry too, Kim Jaejoong.”

I can sense that Jaejoong felt uncomfortable as I just addressed him in his full name; and with an “I’m sorry”. He knows that something is wrong when I do that.

“What? Sorry for what?”

Silence filled the air. I looked at him with tears forming in my eyes.

“You still love her, didn’t you?”

Tears fell from my eyes. He was surprised by question. A question which the answer is already known. He looked at me with those brown orbs that I used to stare at during classes, his milky-white skin shone more because of the dark night, complementing his red lips which used to kiss my cheeks after work.

I smiled, not really waiting for his answer. I looked down at my shoes, avoiding that face that reminds me of the pain I’m suffering.

Jaejoong stuttered, “I – I . . .”

“You really don’t need to answer that, Jaejoong,” I cut him off. I knew it. I knew that he’s still in love with Jessica; I just pretended that I didn’t know about it. “I’m sorry, Jaejoong. I’m sorry if I messed up your love story with Jessica. I’m sorry if I’ve been a third party to your story. I’m sorry if I’m so oblivious and childish that I didn’t know about what you’re really feeling. I’m sorry if I just thought of myself, forgetting how you feel about our ‘relationship’. I’m sorry for holding on to you when obviously you’re holding on for someone else. I’m sorry for being happy for these past 3 years. I’m sorry if you feel trapped inside my feelings,” I continued, more tears streaming. He’s still looking at me. I gulped,

 

“You’re free now.”