Just when everything is perfect.

Unlucky I'm Inlove with My Bestfriend

“Yeah, yeah. I still have papers to finish so I can’t go with you. I’m just gonna eat dinner at my house, okay? Hm-mm. Got that, I love you~” I put down my cellphone and placed it beside a picture frame on the corner of my desk; a picture of me and Jaejoong on a beach vacation last year. Yes, you got that. It has been 3 years since me and Jaejoong went into a relationship. After that ‘incident’ when he was dumped by Jessica, Jaejoong started to realize my presence, and fortunately, my feelings too. He began to see me in a new light. But we started our relationship after the college graduation.

Jessica ignored us after that ‘incident’. And Yoochun, well, he continued courting Jessica but to no avail. Jessica went to US after graduation and Yoochun went to who-knows-where. My family approved of my relationship with Jaejoong, as his family and mine are close friends since their time. I have my work in my family’s company now, so as Jaejoong in theirs. Even in the midst of work, our relationship somehow worked out and we are still together. I hope until forever.

Little did I know that Jaejoong made that recent call while he is waiting for me in a cafeteria. He was sipping his cup of coffee when someone approached him.

“Oh my God, Jaejoong is that you?” the lady who approached him squealed. Jaejoong looked up and saw the girl, the girl whom he cried for before; he saw those two eyes that made him fall in love with her more than years ago. “J-Jessica? What are you doing here? I thought you were in US,” Jaejoong replied. “Yeah, but I decided to come back. Isn’t that a wonderful thing?” Jessica said with a cheerful tone. ‘Oh’ was the only word that came out from his mouth. The pain he felt years before came back to him. And unfortunately, even his feelings for her also came back. But he can’t, because he’s in a relationship – with me. He won’t. He shouldn’t.

“Oppa, can I sit here with you?” Jessica asked. Jaejoong only nodded. Silence filled the air until Jessica broke it, “Oppa, when you confessed to me back there in high school, do you really mean it?” Jaejoong eyes grew big. Of course he meant it, he did. He cried, didn’t he?

Jaejoong nodded again. “Then those feelings you confessed to me years ago, do you still feel it now?” Jessica continued asking. Jaejoong’s mind is so confused right now. He doesn’t know what to think. It took him a while before replying. “Yes, I still have them. But not for you anymore, I’m in a relationship now. I’m with Mi Yeo for 3 years already,” Jaejoong stated. If I just heard it maybe I’ll feel proud and loved.

 

And little did I know, deep inside, he still has those feelings for Jessica.