Chapter 6 - Promise

It's Not The Same Without You.

Yoseob got a call from an unknown number.

He answered, “Yoboseyo?”

“Is this Mr. Yang Yoseob-ssi?” A girl voice asks.

“Yes. Who is this, may I ask?” Yoseob responded.

“This is a call from Yeouido St. Mary’s Hospital. Your parents got into a car accident and needed a guardian. Please come here immediately. Thank you and be careful.” The girl said which is probably a nurse.

Yoseob got up when he heard it’s from a hospital and immediately caught up a taxi.

He could drive his car, but he needs to go home first and that would take some time.

Yoseob told the cab driver the address and told him to be very fast since it’s urgent.

The ride has been only 15-18 minutes.

He paid the cab driver and entered the hospital running in the reception area.

“I’m Yoseob. Where are my parents?” Yoseob said really fast.

He’s in a verge of crying.

“Room 201, second floor.” The receptionist said and Yoseob rushed in quickly and squeezing his self from the open elevator.

He didn’t press the floor number since it’s been pressed already by someone.

As soon as the door opened, he rushed in finding the room so quickly.

And with his luck, he found it and quietly opens the door, afraid that he’ll wake his parents up If he would harshly open it.

He saw 2 beds and the 2 beeping machine separating the both beds.

His parents lying on the beds with oxygen mask that covered their mouths and noses.

Tubes were connected and pinned to their bodies so that the medicine in the tubes flows inside their bodies.

Yoseob slowly walk in between his parents’ bed and tried holding his tears back.

Yoseob needed company for now to comfort him so he called someone who he truly trust and love, Junhyung.

Few minutes later, Junhyung opened the door.

He saw Yoseob on the couch sitting.

Eyes; red and puffy from crying.

He walk slowly to his lover and patted his head.

Yoseob look up and wiped his tears.

Junhyung sat beside him and hug him tight.

“Don’t worry. They’ll be alright and everything will be back to normal.” Junhyung comforted.

Then a doctor came in and looks at the two.

“Which one of you is Mr. Yang?” the doctor asks and Yoseob raised his hand.

“I need to talk for you awhile.” The doctor said.

He got out of the room and Yoseob stand up from the couch and got out also.

He wiped his tears before asking, “What is it doc? Are my parents will be alright?”

The doctor has a serious and a stern face look. And Yoseob hated that kind of look.

The doctor began speaking, removing down his mask a bit.

“They’re going to be fine, for now. Your father is in a most critical situation, while your mother is in a good situation.”

“What do you mean by, ‘my father is in a critical situation’?” Yoseob ask worriedly.

“It seems that he’s in the front seat of the car, either his driving or just beside the driver’s seat.” The doctor said.

“But my father doesn’t drive and he wouldn’t be beside the driver’s seat since he wants my mom beside him.” Yoseob stated.

“Well, I don’t really know what happened. You need to ask the polices and investigators.” 

“So how’s my father?” Yoseob changed the topic.

“He needs surgery. His other bones got dislocated and we need permission from you, Yoseob-ssi, since you are the son.”

“Are they any chances he would…You know?” Yoseob ask, afraid of saying the word ‘die’.

“Yes there is. Since his rib bones are kind of dislocated too so if the surgery went well, we just need him to wake up. There’s no exception he should wake up, but the sooner the better.” The doctor answered.

“It’s a 50-50 percent chance, Yoseob-ssi. Are we going to proceed the surgery or not?” The doctor ask.

“Can I think about it for a while?” Yoseob ask the doctor back.

“Sure. And one more thing. Your mother might wake up so, if you have a chance to talk to her about this ask her. But for your father, I guess he won’t wake up yet, considering his hard breathing.” The doctor said and walks away.

Yoseob went back to the room and saw Junhyung fixing the table and putting some foods.

Junhyung notice Yoseob staring at him and smile.

“My mom said I should bring food. They will also come here later.” Junhyung said as he straighten his self.

Yoseob walk up to Junhyung and Hug him and sob quietly again.

Junhyung wrap his arms around Yoseob’s tiny body and patted his back.

“What did the doctor said?” Junhyung ask.

Yoseob sniff and said all the things the doctor said to him.

“So, are you going to ask your mother, if ever she wakes up? Or decide on your own?” Junhyung ask as they sit on the couch.

“What do you think I should do?” Yoseob ask back Junhyung.

“In my opinion? I think you should wait your mom to wake up, but if you already made your decision, you should go for it.” Junhyung said and held up a fist.

Yoseob smile a little seeing Junhyung this energized.

“I promise you, everything will be alright.” Junhyung said and hug Yoseob once again and kiss the top of his head.

 

...

Author's Note

 

For the previous chapter, I forgot to thank kiiroPRI unnie for helping me.

And thank you for all the subscriber and commentors and also silent readers as well.

I hope you can support this story till the end! :D

BTW should I request for a poster of this story? or not? Just comment below! 

 

Comments

@kiiroPRI

haha...Yeah i love Hyuna so much and she's on my 2 stories now :D

CUBE FAMILY FTW!

and thank you for supporting me unnie! I love you ♥

 

@tehjunseob

Yeah he really loves Seobie so much, he'll do anything for him..right? *wink*

I know..She's such a good listener and a good friend too! :D