Formal Introductions

Gem of Secrets [Hiatus]

 

Hope this chapter isn't too boring, because I put a lot of dialogue and unfamiliar names and such. I actually just made them on the spot. But, enjoy,  and comment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The last rays of light blended with the surrounding colours. The sky was salmon and amber. They meshed together and created a beautiful spectrum. The group rested in a huge plateau.

 

“That's so pretty!” Apple pointed to the spectacular sight in front of her. They were sitting in a circle.

 

Xiao Xun sighed, “I will never get used to seeing this. I wish I could capture its beauty.”

 

“Okay, I don't want to go around traveling and sleeping with someone I don't know.” Tong Tong in.

 

“You go around sleeping, huh?” Xiao Ma smirked.

 

“No, I said it wrong!”

 

“Yeah, right.”

 

“We should introduce ourselves more properly. After all, we got the whole night.” Xiao Jie (girl) suggested.

 

“I'll start!” Xiao Man said, a little bit too loud.

 

“Okay, then!” Ah Ben attempted to match her level. Everyone around them plugged their ears.

 

“I'm Xiao Man, part of the legendary healers and fighters of Wu Xiong.,”

 

“Tch, legendary all right.” Rong Jia interrupted.

 

Xiao Man didn't hear her, “And... my stone is the bloodstone. I like paralyzing people with my voice.”

 

“You could do that?” Ah Ben suddenly scooted away from her.

 

“Yeah, I'm really good at it, too. I paralyzed a whole army of the Dark Minions back during the Dark Times.” Xiao Man grinned brightly at her accomplishment.

 

“Then I'm next, I guess. Maybe we should go clockwise.” Ah Ben suggested.

 

“Whatever, I'll go. My name is Xiao Jie. I'm come up with the tactics. My gem is the snowflake obsidian. I like the snow, and my most famous accomplishment is luring the Maodires to death.”

 

“Oh, the Maodires. They are deceiving. How did you do it?” Jiro seemed really interested. He was listening attentively, sitting on the edge of his seat.

 

“I found their weak spot, and defeat them.”

 

“And that was..”

 

“Pride.”

 

“Okay. So, I'm Da Ya. I'm in possession of the almighty angelite.”

 

“That's why she looks like an angel.”Ao Quan whispered to Wang Zi.

 

“And... I single-handedly guarded the Shiries against the Maoreins, while the others were still arriving.”

 

“Hello!” Ya Tou waved cutely, “I'm Ya Tou. I like housecleaning, but it's tiring.” She chuckled, “This is my stone, a serpentine. It sounds like my accomplishment is housecleaning, but no. I slayed the four eyed shrakili.”

 

“How did you do it? They can see you from everywhere!” Jiro asked again.

 

“It had a blind spot... that poor fellow was actually blind in the front eye.”

 

“I'm Tong Tong. I have the amber as my gem.”

“And she cured small pox.” Apple interjected.

 

“Only because it's form was so close to the Heriedites virus.” Tong Tong modestly answered, “It wasn't hard.”

 

“So, I'm Apple. I have the aquamarine. It may sound impossible, but I revived the last emperor of Shories.”

 

“Gui here, I'm just like a ghost and I'm everywhere. So if you talk about me, I'll know right away.” Gui Gui winked, “Danburite is my gem, and... I helped emperor Sheme to be reborn.”

 

“Into what?” Again, Jiro questioned.

 

“Well, a noble Eowarn.”

 

“What's that?”

 

“Haven't you learned this in school?”

 

“I wasn't paying attention.”

 

Xiao Xun sighed, “I'm Xiao Xun. Ametrine. I train snakes and I have tamed the ciorbra.”

 

“Hello, I'm Mei Mei,” She took out a moonstone, “And this is my gem. And, well, I wouldn't admit to it..”

 

“Say it,” Jiro prodded.

 

“I managed to cast back and place a curse on the Maoshi emperor so that he could die in the present time.”

 

Jiro inquired,“Wait, I don't know my history. Maoshi's evil, right?”

 

“Yeah, one of the most devil-like emperors.” Mei Mei replied.

 

“And that means Shiries is not evil.” Jiro scratched his head.

 

“Yeah, Mao=evil. Sh=not. Simple. Gosh, you didn't notice that pattern?” Aaron asked Jiro.

 

“Well, okay. It's finally my turn,” Jiro looked around, “I like taekwondo. I don't know what else to say, I've never slayed anything. I'm hoping after this mission I get my gem and my job.”

 

“Hey, Aaron here. Kendo.”

 

“Wu Chun, and Tai Chi.”

 

“Hello,” Calvin smiled, “I'm Calvin. Tai Chi's my strength.”
 

There was a pause. Ella looked around, “Oh, my turn. I like playing with ropes. Oh, I'm Ella by the way.”

 

“Hebe here. Chains.”

 

“Hi, I'm Selina. I'm fond of spikes. And another one of our friends should be here today. She was the best. But... She died. Her name was Genie.” Selina started to hiccup and everyone thought she was going to cry.

 

“I'm Wang Zi. Amethyst. I invented the sword dance.”

 

“Hello,” Ah Wei squealed, “I'm Ah Wei.” He flexed his arms, “Agate, and I like whirling my staff around.”

 

“I'm Ao Quan. I have the citrine. I like shooting bows and arrows.”

 

“Xiao Yu here, Kunzite. My star can pierce skulls.”

 

Wei Lian bowed, “I'm Wei Lian. Selenite. I have a lot of daggers.”

 

“I'm Xiao Jie. Jade. My fastest time around Wu Xiong is 42 seconds.”

 

“I'd like to beat that later.” Ah Ben puffed, “I'm Ah Ben. I can use my fast legs as a messenger service, and I charge only fifty ren.”

 

“FIFTY?” Xiao Man asked.

 

“What? Others charge fifty one. I think I'm pretty cheap.”

 

“I'm Xiao Ma, and I'm a ninja.”

 

“Li Quan. I'm pretty good at beating people up.”

 

“Rong Jia, I was the most prestigious poisoner in the business.”

 

“Wow, we're done. And now it's well past sun down. Let's sleep now, and rest up for tomorrow.” Xiao Jie suggested. Everyone agreed. They left the plateau and into their makeshift tents.

 

“You know, I want to wish on a star, I'll be right there.” Selina said to Hebe.

 

“I need to consult the stars for answers.” Jiro told his friends.

 

After the crowd cleared. Selina and Jiro found they were the only ones left.

 

They stared at each other. A cricket chirped in the background.

 

“So...”
 

“Do I know you?” Selina asked.

 

Jiro stared blankly at her.

 

“You don't remember me?” Jiro asked.

 

“You're familiar, but I guess not.”

 

“I was your best friend...” Jiro's voice wavered down to a whisper, “And I loved you.”

 

“What?” Selina strained to hear, “I couldn't hear you. Say it again!”

 

“Well, whatever,” Jiro pretended to yawn, “I'm going to sleep now, bye.”