Preparation Before Attack.

Gem of Secrets [Hiatus]

 

Ah Ben had reached Xiao Jie's group. She was probably the only one who checked the skies at night. Both the Xiao Jies were on guard duty and they saw Ah Ben. He quickly told them about going to the F4 headquarters. He wanted Xiao Jie's group to rescue them out if their plan failed.

 

“No, I disagree, we're all going to rescue the gem together.” Xiao Jie (girl) answered.

 

“I guess. How about we serve as distraction, though. We can raid their headquarters and then ambush our enemy.” Ah Ben's eyes were on fire. He seemed to have an immeasurable amount of rage bottled up. But that flash of emotion was gone in a second.

 

Our enemy?” Xiao Jie (boy) interrupted. “And why can't we stick in our groups?”

 

Well, you know, F4. Our campsite is under attack, and they already know we're coming. So how about we just gather up together.”

 

Are you sure one group doesn't need to stay back....”
 

The more people to fight the better. I know F4, so I'm saying they are going to be waiting at the doorsteps and greeting us with arrows.”

 

If you say so,” Xiao Jie (girl) looked stressed, “You can go inform the others and we will set off right now.”

 

Ah Ben nodded and sped off quickly.

 

Xiao Yu had followed silently. He had thought Ah Ben was up to something. He didn't like this guy. He found him talking to Xiao Jie (girl) quietly, then speed off. He heard everything.

 

“Xiao Jie, I don't think we should trust him.” He appeared from the bushes that he had taken cover from.

 

Xiao Jie looked shocked, but then her face was relieved at the sight of Xiao Yu, “Against my better judgment. Maybe we could leave the younger kids back up to save us.”

 

“What?! The little inexperienced twirps! Our lives on the hook!” Xiao Yu was aghast.
 

“It's the only plan we got. One thing for certain is that danger is ahead.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The group had found a small plateau clearing on the foot of a mountain. Trees bordered the sides. It had a good cover, and they can see approaching enemies.

 

“So we're all gathered here because F4 are expecting us. Of course, since they stole the gem. We might be walking into a trap.” Xiao Jie (girl) paused.

 

“Who cares! The gem in the wrong hands is death for all of us!” Jiro interrupted.

 

“Even if we die. “Xiao Jie (girl) continued, ignoring Jiro, “Anyone can back out now if they want to.”

 

Rong Jia, who was sitting on a log, rose to her feet. But as she saw that nobody else made movement, she sat back down,“No use going alone, I'll die anyways.” Rong Jia huffed.

 

“So, now that we're all prepared to fight for death, I would like to exempt the underage students from this.”

 

“What? You can't decide for us!” Jiro yelled.

 

“We can fight, we've mastered our skills.” Aaron added.

 

“Yeah, I'd like to hit a few people with my chains,” Hebe grinned.

 

“Or strangle a few with ropes,” Ella continued.

 

“But you're inexperienced, and you're not ready to die yet.” Xiao Jie (boy) countered.

 

“All of Wu Xiong's heroes can't die at once, though. If we die, then you can take our spots,” Da Ya commented.

 

“There's a bright future ahead of us,” Ao Quan joked.

 

Da Ya smacked him on the head, “There wouldn't be a future anyways, if they manage to find out all the secrets-- to longevity and to immortality, for instance. We'd be living in dark ages forever.”

 

“Okay, I get it, I was just joking.” Ao Quan pouted.

 

There was a rustle of bushes, and Xiao Yu instantly threw a star at the source. There was a sound of footsteps that was paired with the sound of something heavy dropping. Like a body.

 

“Oh no you don't!” Xiao Yu ran to the remaining informant. He did a flying kick, and the informant was knocked out.

 

“We should teach the kids all we know now, since we're all awake.” Tong Tong suggested.

 

“Like you know anything worthy of passing down,” Xiao Ma mocked.

 

“Hey! I know more than you!” Tong Tong growled.

 

“Okay, I guess I'll take Aaron, since we both fight with swords.” Wang Zi beckoned Aaron over, and started whispering secrets to him. “...The sword dance, it's important to keep a clean mind, and focus on letting out your inner strength. Your sword should be a part of you. Only then will it obey you to your full command...”

 

“Who wants to learn how to heal?” Mei Mei asked. Calvin instantly volunteered himself.

 

“I don't like fighting.” Was all he said. Mei Mei answered with a simple nod. Apple, Tong Tong, Gui Gui, Xiao Xun, and Rong Jia also joined in teaching Calvin.

 

“..for all different types of curses...”

 

“Who likes throwing?” Xiao Yu asked aloud.

 

“Do spikes count?” Selina asked.

 

“Whatever, close enough. Li Quan, Xiao Ma, Ya Tou, Ao Quan, I guess you teach Selia too,” Xiao Jie (girl) ordered.

 

Xiao Ma was a little reluctant, but he obeyed.

 

“..If you're used to throwing spikes, stars require less power. They need accuracy to be fatal....”

 

Ah Wei, Wei Lian, Xiao Jie (boy), and Da Ya, gathered Wu Chun and Jiro together.

 

..Punches can be really strong with momentum and inner strength...”

 

The remaining, Hebe and Selina, went with Xiao Jie and Xiao Man.

 

We're going to train your inner power. I have the most inner strength, and Xiao Man can muster up a lot with her voice. Now, after me.” And with that Xiao Jie (girl) started screaming.

 

Pretty soon the clearing of the forest was buzzing with activity. Screams, swords slashing, punching of wood.

 

Ah Ben drifted apart from the group. Now that they were all occupied, Ah Ben left. He left north, towards the F4 headquarters. If he hurried he could beat his record.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The group worked until the sun was well up above the horizon. By now, fatigue was written all over their faces.

 

“We should rest for the attack. We attack at nightfall.” Xiao Jie (girl) declared.

 

Wang Zi and Wei Lian were on guard duty. They were ones that required less sleep to perform.

 

Soon, even the guards were dozing. Night crept along, and Xiao Man woke with a start. She thought she felt the rumble of footsteps. No, she felt it.

 

“WAKE UP!” Xiao Man yelled. Everyone within vicinity instantly woke up. Their eyes shot open, and they, too, heard the rumble of footsteps.

 

“Change of plan,” Xiao Jie (girl) said.

 

“Ah Ben, where were you?” Wang Zi asked.

 

“Oh, I was just patrolling the grounds,” Ah Ben panted, “And I found the soldiers. I sped back to warn you guys.” Ah Ben seemed to collapse. His shirt was stained with blood.

 

Calvin, who was closest to Ah Ben, got to work. He used his recently learned knowledge, and with the help of Apple, his bleeding stopped. But now they were trapped inside the cave, and the only way out is the entrance.

 

“Students, get back now. It's time to show them what they're up against.” Xiao Jie (boy) bared his teeth.

 

Wei Lian hollered his battle cry.

 

Lollipop was able to fight together again. This time their formation was complete. They started building up power. The dragon emerged, with a roar, and charged through the army.

 

“Impressive...” Jiro mumbled, “Us four should do something like that.”

 

The army diminished, but the sound of footsteps did not. By now there were dozens of men surrounding the cave entrance.

 

“Now time to show what we got. No fancy moves, but we've got power.” Tong Tong cried. And with that, she charged toward the crowd. She pulled out a few herbs in her pocket and started shooting them.

 

Mei Mei started doing incantations. The air around her spun and when her string of sentences were recited, half the men dropped down, howling in pain.

 

“Jackpot.” Mei Mei grinned.

 

“Now to decrease the size even more, brace yourselves.” Xiao Man warned. Everyone heard her and their hands instantly went up to her ears. Xiao Man inhaled a deep breath, and howled using all her might. Poor men, they had no warning. All went temporarily deaf. Their teeth shattered, and most went into shock. It was just too much. The remaining stumbled on the piles of wreathing bodies, trampling whoever was conscious.

 

“Bodies without souls,” Gui Gui chuckled, “How enticing. Maybe I should try it out.” With that Gui Gui's eyes lost focus and she zoned out.

 

Wang Zi and Xiao Xun paired up to fight eight men.

 

Da Ya ran towards a man, smiling as she jumped for a kick. The man fell down before she met contact, “Hey!” Da Ya yelled, Ao Quan had shot an arrow at his head.

 

“Sorry, I couldn't help it.” Ao Quan smiled.

 

“Well, Ya Tou, I wanna tell you that I think you're cute.” Ah Wei confessed as his staff plunged down, knocking two people out at once..

 

Ya Tou didn't hear him, as she was also fighting two men. They seemed to be mocking her, but when Ya Tou launched her attack, both were silenced as they fell to the floor.

 

“What did you say?” Ya Tou asked.

 

“Nevermind,” Ah Wei sighed.

 

“Watch out!” Xiao Jie (boy) dodged an axe and ran just in time to kick a man that was approaching Xiao Jie (girl) from behind. The axe hit him in the leg. Xiao Jie (boy) staggered.

 

Xiao Jie (girl) put an arm around his shoulder and carried him to Apple, who was healing the injured.

 

“We've got an advantage, and it seems now they're less. But how'd they know? How are we supposed to attack if we're injured?” Xiao Jie (girl) asked herself.

 

The fight endured for an hour. Finally, the last of the army were beaten, and everyone gathered back in the cave.

 

“Should we wait to attack?” Xiao Jie (girl) asked.

 

“We shouldn't. They lost a lot of men. Now would be a good time.” Xiao Jie (boy) replied.

 

“Plus, adrenaline rush!” Wei Lian said.

 

Da Ya added, “I could still fight a dragon.”

 

“Then we head off.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, just an update before I go to bed. It's not the best, but it will have to do! Please comment, and hope you enjoy! I will add more couple moments in the next chapters, because we all want that, right? =J