Just a Trap

Gem of Secrets [Hiatus]

 

Wang zi sat on a chair in the guarding room. The room was gloomy, and was airtight. Wang zi still had to get used to the feeling of stale air running through his system. The walls, floors, and ceilings were titanium. The door that opened the room to the rest of the school was enforced, with three doors.

 

Wang zi was bored. He started examining the gem of secrets. As he held on to the gem, pictures flashed in his mind. He saw two men shaking their hands, and saw a fire roaring and eating a building. His thoughts were interrupted as Xiao Jie barged into the room.

 

“We are presumably under attack,” Xiao Jie warned. “Get ready, if these people get past our snipers, it's all up to you.” Wang zi tensed up and broke his contact with the gem. He was alert now. His hands rested on the shaft of his sword.

 

Xiao Jie quickly shot out of the room. The last time he checked, Xiao Yu and Ao Quan weren't holding up quite so good. The snipers were hidden, although the intruders knew where the snipers hid.

 

A loud stomping sounded through the doors. Wang zi yields his sword. Lollipop had had a lot of experience guarding objects for long periods of time, but there is always a first.

 

“I was in the washroom, sorry,” A voice booms. Wang zi instantly resumes position.

 

“Ah Wei, don't worry. The people won't get past our snipers Ao Quan and Xiao Yu.”

 

Ah Wei plopped down into a seat next to him. Ah Wei seemed out of it and his head was whirling.

 

“Wang zi, I don't feel so good,” Ah Wei's head crashed down on the table, sending the gem into the air, and almost breaking the table.

 

Wang zi didn't like what was going on. Ah Wei has a non-ill record of his whole life. If he suddenly fell ill...

 

A shiruken flies by Wang zi. Another whistle of wind. Wang zi evades just as the shiruken brushed his nose. Wang zi jumped up. His sword outstretched in his hand. He held his sword out at the invader. More came. Suddenly, Wang zi jumped up, and the sword danced in the air. Wang zi was about to launch his attack when dreariness suddenly attacked his senses. He fell back toward the ground as he heard a familiar yell emit outside the door.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Wei Lian yells his signature battle cry as he dashes into the room. In each hand he held a dagger. Xiao Jie, Ao Quan, and Xiao Yu were flanking right behind him. He entered just as Wang zi fell from the air. A bloodcurdling boom erupted as Wang zi hit contact with the solid floor. Wei Lian lurched toward Wang zi, but then ran straight up to the invaders.

 

The door swiftly closed shut and instantly, Wei Lian wished it wasn't. The room, airtight, was effective against intruders, but also guards.

 

The remainder of the group stood in formation and started building up power. This move usually worked perfectly with Wang zi and Ah Wei, but as they were unconscious, it has a slim chance of recoil.

 

The intruders smirked as they formed in a group, also. They mocked Lollipop as they copied their moves.

 

A roar emerged out of nowhere, followed by a dragon with a volume of strength. It launched towards the intruders, and they braced themselves. They threw a shiruken at each member of the remaining Lollipop when they were recovering their strength, a smoke bomb discharged.

 

The dragon hit the intruders just as the smoke bomb burst. Wei Lian was pierced by a shiruken in the arm, and Ao Quan had one in his hand. Same with Xiao Yu. Xiao Jie received one in his leg.

 

Wei Lian threw a dagger at random. He heard a yelp as he pierced skin. Through the mist, Xiao Jie retrieved the gem, still fast and agile, and was grasped on it firmly. Ao Quan shot bows and arrows out at random, though his shots were weak, and heard as it made contact with skin. Though the last shots hadn't.

 

The smoke cleared, and the intruders were nowhere to be seen. Xiao Yu instantly caught on.

 

“That wasn't an attack, it was a trap,” Xiao Yu coughed, trembling. “They just want to injur--” He, too, collapsed on the floor. Soon, all Lollipop were out on the cold titanium floor.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHARSHAR AGAIN! SORRY MY CHAPTERS ARE SO SHORT... well, please comment!