Initiation

Gem of Secrets [Hiatus]

 

“As you know, I will be retiring soon, as well as my comrades. We can no longer guarantee the gem's safety under our guarding. We have trained new guards for this job. Please welcome the new guards,” the wise guardian stepped down from the podium, stumbling a little. Six young men walk up the stage. Applause erupted from the audience and students of Xiao Go school.

 

“Wang zi,” the old guardian narrates, “Ao Quan, Xiao Jie, Ah Wei, Xiao Yu, Wei Lian. The new guardians of the gem of secrets.”

 

The initiation begins. To become the guardians of the gem is not simple. The ancient gem came back from the beginning of time, capturing wisdom and absorbing secrets. Many desire to possess the gem for selfish reasons, to become the most powerful. The gem has to approve of the guardians before the guardians can guard it.

 

The gem sat on a red pouch on the stage, growing brightly in different colour combinations. Wang zi approaches the gem of secrets, with his own gem, amethyst, outstretched in his hand. He nervously awaits. If a guardian is to be accepted, the gem of secrets will morph into their personal gem, and the guardian will hear a noise emit from the gem.

 

Wang zi touches the gem of secrets with his amethyst. The gem shakes slightly in its place. He hears a piercing sound, like the slash of the sword. The gem instantly morphs into an amethyst.

 

 

Wang zi inhales a breath and sighs deeply. He nods his head and walks off the stage. He high fives Ao Quan.

 

With anxiety, Ao Quan stalks toward the gem of secrets. It had taken back its original form. In Ao Quan's hand, he held his gleaming gem, citrine. His anxiety is shown by his shaky hands. He holds his breath, and taps the gem of secrets with his gem.

 

Upon contact, the gem of secrets hops up. The audience gasps. The gem spins and twirls in the air before landing in its spot again. Ao Quan hears the whistle of wind, like an arrow passing by, and the gem of secrets slowly morphs into citrine.

 

Ao Quan's face is marked by a huge grin as he saunters off the stage.

 

Xiao Jie lifts his head and runs up the stage. In merely seconds his jade makes contact with the gem. The gem rumbles once and flashes into a jade, and quickly morphs back. Xiao Jie jumps down the stage and laughs.

 

Ah Wei walks up the stage, taking his time. He basically punches his agate into the gem of secrets. The gem of secrets doesn't budge, though the force that hit it was quite strong. Ah Wei waited a few seconds, then punched it again. This time the gem swirls around in its place. Ah Wei raises his stone to punch it again, but the gem roars and changes into the bright yellow agate.

 

Ah Wei squeals in delight, and the audience laughs. Though his build is big, his voice is not deep. Ah Wei cartwheels down the stage and plops down on his seat.

 

Xiao Yu throws his kunzite with amazing accuracy, and it skids right into the gem of secrets. He then walks up the stage. He arrived just in time, as the gem flips over. He hears the sound of a star on wood, and in a puff of smoke, the gem turns into a kunzite.

 

Xiao Yu walks back towards his seat, polishing his kunzite.

 

Lastly, Wei Lian stands up. He felt all the eyes of the room on him. He shook his head and had a look of determination as he stormed up on the stage. He touched the gem with his clear selenite, the gem replied with a slight hum. And slowly took the shape of his stone.

 

Wei Lian's concentration didn't end until he sat back into his seat.

 

The initiation was complete. The gem of secrets had accepted all of the guardians. The room boomed as the audience applauded. Everyone exited the gym, and Lollipop was left with the former guardians.

 

“Guard the precious gem well, I sense danger amidst the happiness,” an elder cautioned.

 

“We will,” Every guardian said at once. They saluted to the elders and Wang zi lifted up the stone from its spot. The gem instantly turned into an amethyst.

 

The former guardians exited the now hollow room.

 

“I wonder what secrets the gem holds,” Wang zi asked himself, still holding onto the gem.

 

“Dude, that was pretty scary up there,” Wei Lian exclaimed.

 

“And you looked like you were going to kill the gem,” Ah Wei informed Wei Lian.

 

“This gem is a miracle. We're definitely going to be busy,” predicted Xiao Yu.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey, it's SharShar! I hope it's not too much info to process! Hope you guys comment!