Only You

I Write Drabbles, Not Stories

Pairing: Myungsoo/Amber

Note: First time writing MyungBer. Er, tell me what you think? I hope you like this, Mary-unnie!

For mary517. :)


Myungsoo missed Amber.

He hadn’t seen her in, well, forever. Infinite was busy with their own promotions, f(x) with theirs. And what with Amber being a part of SM, she was rather busy traveling the world, literally. California one night, Taiwan the next, back to Korea, then Japan. Still, they managed to keep in touch by texting every now and then.

Every now and then.

That “every now and then” phrase bothered Myungsoo. He wanted to see Amber all the time. He wanted to talk to her all the time. He wanted to spend all his time with her and for her.

God, Myungsoo, do you hear yourself? Amber’s a friend, and you’re starting to sound creepy.

So naturally, Myungsoo was a ball of nerves as he pushed the tiny red button outside f(x)’s dorm. Amber had insisted he come for a visit once she returned to Korea, even though him entering would be violating a major rule all idols follow--at least, he thought all idols followed it. Heck, even just standing there by a girls’ dorm was breaking numerous rules.

Amber was a risk-taker. Myungsoo was a rule-follower. They were very different, Myungsoo realized, yet, they always got along wonderfully. Perhaps opposites did attract.

Moments later, Myungsoo was greeted by a thoroughly confused Krystal.

“Myungsoo?”

“Oh, h-hey, Krystal,” Myungsoo tried his best to grin; Krystal always secretly made him a little bit nervous.

“What are you even doing here? You’re not allowed here! Is this some kind of joke?”

“SOOJUNG-AH! CLOSE THAT DOOR, THERE’S A DRAFT!”

Krystal muttered something under her breath. She grabbed Myungsoo’s arm, pulled him inside, and shut the door. The girl called for Amber, grumbling something about “how much trouble we’ll get into if our manager were to walk in at any second? Damnit, Amber.”

“Just sit there,” Krystal instructed, pointing to the largest couch.

Myungsoo did as he was told while Krystal paced. “So, how are you?”

“Fine,” Krystal shrugged. “Tell me about your relationship with Amber.”

“What relationship?” Myungsoo exclaimed a bit too loudly; the mother of the group entered then.

“Myungsoo? What a surprise to see you here! It must be Amber’s doing.” Victoria babbled. “She’s always up to no good. She’s in her room if you want to see her.”

“Don’t you dare try anything!” Krystal threatened, pointing a perfectly manicured finger in Myungsoo’s face.

The boy paled. “I wouldn’t! I couldn’t! I’m not like that!”

“I’m watching you, Lover Boy.”

“Soojung, be a little nicer!”

“Agh, stop calling me that, unnie!”

“Umma,” Victoria corrected.

“Nyeh.”

Myungsoo slipped away from the madness that was f(x) and wandered around the corridors. He eventually came to Amber’s shared room with Luna. He could tell; colorful letters adorned the door, spelling out “AMBER & LUNA” in English.

He knocked.

“Krystal, if that’s you--”

“It’s me.”

The door opened, revealing a very casual-looking Amber. She wore sweatpants and a T-shirt with some American cartoon character. It appeared as if she had just woken up, but Myungsoo didn’t question her. He entered and flopped down on to her bed like he owned it.

“Hey, I was in the middle of making it, thank you very much!”

“I miss you,” Myungsoo blurted out.

Amber raised an eyebrow.

“I mean, we never talk anymore! I don’t miss you. Well, I do, but--”

“You’re such a spazz.” Amber smirked. She sat in her computer chair. “So what’s up?”

Myungsoo glanced at the pictures plastered on the wall. One wall was Amber’s “wall” and another was Luna’s, so to speak.  Luna’s wall had photographs of her with the other members, and other sunbaes, oppas, unnies, friends, and dongsaengs. He noticed there were quite a few pictures of Luna with Onew from SHINee.

Amber’s wall had significantly more pictures than Luna’s. She was popular, though she’d always deny such assumptions. Amber with Donghae, Amber with Henry, Amber with Victoria, Luna, Krystal, Sulli, Amber with Sunny, Amber with Hyoyeon, Amber with Yoona, Amber with Jonghyun...

Sheesh, Myungsoo thought. She must be friends with everyone.

“Why do you have so many pictures with Donghae-sunbae? Do you like him?”

Speaking without thinking again, Myungsoo? What’s wrong with you?

The tomboy made a hacking sound. “He’s like my brother! What are you talking about?”

“What about Kris?”

“No! He’s just a good friend.”

“Jonghyun?”

“Other brother.”

A sigh emitted from Myungsoo’s lips. “Okay, what about that Henry Lau person?”

Amber hesitated. “He’s another friend. A really, really close friend, but a friend.”

“That’s all?”

“That’s all,” Amber stated.

Myungsoo grinned. “What about Myungsoo?”

Amber laughed. “Him, he’s okay.”

“Is he a friend?”

“Yes, and no.” Amber stood up. “You hungry?”

“You can’t just change the subject like that!” Myungsoo whined.

“I’m leaving my room now. Conversation over.”

A smile slowly made its way on to his face.

Amber Liu was something.