Flawless

I Write Drabbles, Not Stories

Write Like the Wind [Challenge]

Prompt 1: Flawless

Pairing: Sooyoung/Ryeowook


Choi Sooyoung’s number one confidant is me, Kim Ryeowook.

So you thought it was Siwon? Eunhyuk? Kyuhyun? Oh gosh, no, she and Kyuhyun have a rather unstable and vicious friendship that revolves around pranking and playful abuse. But yes, it’s me who Sooyoung tells everything to. Well, probably not everything, since girls have a tendency to keep some things to themselves (or so Sungmin says), but it’s pretty close to everything.

Sooyoung doesn’t like herself.

Truthfully, I wasn’t sure why.

But she told me herself that she wasn’t satisfied with the way she was.

Sooyoung wasn’t the best dancer in the group. That position belonged to Hyoyeon. She wasn’t the best singer. That spot was claimed by Taeyeon. The best actress was Yoona, not her. She didn’t consider herself the prettiest, either. Jessica was the one always being praised for her doll-like features. Wasn’t Yoona the visual, too? The girl with the most aegyo was Sunny; her aegyo was too weird, too strange, she said. Yuri was tan and fit, the exact image Sooyoung desperately desired. Tiffany was so pretty and sweet that she captured the attention of every guy--not to mention she excelled at English, something Sooyoung was constantly working hard at. The maknae, Seohyun, was talented also. Seohyun was equally amazing at singing and dancing.

Sooyoung could only dance. And even then, wasn’t Hyoyeon more skilled? Yuri, ier? And Yoona worked harder, didn’t she?

“Sooyoung,” I had asked the other day, “Why do you need to be better than the others?”

“It’s not about me being better.” she had answered solemnly. “It’s the fact that they all have these talents or winning points. And what do I have?”

“Charm? A larger stomach than most girls, yet, you’re able to look stick-thin? An exceptionally loud voice?”

Sooyoung punched me in the arm. “Hey, I’m being serious here! And those things you mentioned are completely useless!”

“What if you ate and ate and got super fat?” I tapped my chin, furrowing my eyebrows.

“Don’t visualize images in your head!” she screeched, punching me again, harder.

“OW!”

“Oh, stop being a baby.”

“I will, once you realize that you’re flawless.”

I immediately noticed her blush, but she quickly pushed it down and replaced it with an eye roll.

“Why are you saying such stupid stuff? Now buy me some ice cream.” Sooyoung demanded, seizing me by the arm forcefully and purposely keeping her head turned away from me.

She held on to my arm the entire way there. I didn’t complain, of course. I could only smile at her quick, angry steps, her instant mood change when we entered the ice cream parlor, and the way she devoured her ice cream in a minute flat.

And naturally, when she was finished, she asked for mine.

“Please?” she pouted.

“I guess...”

“So pouting does work on guys...”

“What was that?”

“Nothing!”

Choi Sooyoung would just never change.