The Reason

Lifeless

“Appa, you must be joking right?” Donghae asked his father.

“Mianhae, Donghae-ah.” His mother crying and Joonhae tried to comfort her.

“How come Joonhae is my twin sister?! This doesn’t make any sense.”

“Abunim, Donghae and I are different by age. He’s 23 years old and I’m only 20.”

“Joonhae. Mianhae. I lied because I want you to cal me oppa.” That statement made Joonhae cried. Even she didn’t know why.

“Tell me, father. How come she is my twin sister? She told me that she was kidnapped and put in a foster home.”

“She was kidnapped, son. Your mother and I, and also you two, were playing in the beach. Two of you were playing with the sand. But suddenly around 3 men took Joonhae away. I tried to catch but they were fast. I called the police to chase them. But they couldn’t chase Joonhae. You and your mom were crying. I keep blaming myself.”

Donghae shouted in frustration.

“Don’t you realize son that your faces are the same?”

Donghae looked at Joonhae. Tears keep falling from Joonhae’s eyes. They remembered why the ahjumma said they were twins. His mother hugging Joonhae and Joonhae tried to comfort her eventhough she’s also crying.

Donghae sat on the sofa and covered his face. Tears are also falling from his eyes. His father patted him.

“Now tell me, appa. What I have to do? I’m falling in love with my own twin sister?”