There's No Such Thing Called Love

Lifeless

Wow, he lives in such an expensive apartment, Joonhae thought herself.

“You can sit, Joonhae-ssi. I will take some medicine for you. What do you want to drink?” he asked her

“Uhm. No need to.”

After Donghae went to take some medicine, he also brought her a cup of tea.

“Here.” He gave Joonhae an ointment. “Use it after you take a bath. In several days, it will be cured.” He smiled to her.

That smile. Why my heart is beating?

“Ne. Gomapta, Donghae-ssi.”

“Tell me about yourself, Joonhae-ssi.”

Joonhae stared at him weirdly and then she smiled. “Why do you always want to know about me, Donghae-ssi? What do you want to know?”

“Ahahaha. I don’t know. I just want to know you better. Can I know how old are you?”

“I’m 20 years old.”

“Oh, jinjja? I’m older than you by 3 years. Will you call me oppa? I feel weird because you talk so formal to me.”

“Ne, oppa. Tell me about yourself also.”

And just like that. They chat until night, laughing together, exchange phone numbers, they even took pictures together because Donghae forced her and she didn’t mind. It has been a long time since Joonhae laughed a lot.

“Ah oppa, I need to go home. It’s 11 o’clock already.” She looked at her phone.

“Waeyo? Your family will scold you?”

“I don’t have a family, oppa. I live alone.” She looked at him sadly and she smiled.

“Mianhae, Joonhae-ah. Let me take you home.”

“Aniyo. It’s okay. I can take the subway. Kamsahamnida, oppa for today.” She bowed to him. As she stepped out from his apartment, Donghae pulled and hugged her.

“Take care, Joonhae-ah. Text me if you already at home. And promise me we can meet again tomorrow and tell me everything. Arasso?” he whispered to her and still hugging. Joonhae was so shocked but she didn’t immediately push him. She feels save and doesn’t want to let go of Donghae.

“Ne, oppa. You can let go of me now.” And Donghae released her. And Joonhae walked to the subway. She keeps thinking. Who is he? Why I feel save with him? Why my heart beats when he hugged me? I just met him today. There’s no such thing called love.