Meeting You

Lifeless

The sun goes up, shining the world. It shines went through someone’s window. A girl woke up and then she tidied her bed. She took a bath. And then, she went toward the kitchen. This is the last instant noodle? I thought I bought 10 last week, the girl told herself. She’s starting to eat in silent.

She has been living like this for 3 years. The girl is only 20 years old. She doesn’t care to other people, never trust other people because of her past. She wore her old jacket, lock the door and walk to the café where she works from morning till evening. Coffee House is a popular coffee shop in the middle of the town. This is where the girl works. She put on her uniform and her name tag, Lee Joon Hae. Then she walked towards the cashier. “Ossoseyo.” She bowed a little. The customer, a man, smiled at him. “Annyeonghaseyo. Can I have one Americano and strawberry cheesecake, please?”. Joon Hae stared at him for a while, and then she said to the customer, “That would be 9500 won.” with her flat expression. The customer was captivated by her. “Sir, you have to pay first.” He looked a little bit shocked and then he said sorry and paid her. Joon Hae started to make Americano. But stupidly, the hot water spilled on her left hand. “Aw. Babo.” She then continued to make the coffee. The man, who is still watching Joon Hae knew that her hand started to left a mark.

“This is your order. Thank you for coming. Take care. Kamsahamnida.” Joonhae bowed to him.

“Uhm, Ahgassi, gwenchanayo?” Joon Hae looked confused.

“Your hand.” He pointed to her left hand.

“Ah. Ne. gwenchanayo.” He then left with looking worried. Jakkaman, why I even care to her? I don’t even know her.

 

It’s 6.30. Joon Hae changed her clothes then went out from the coffee shop. She keeps wondering about her customer, that man. Why I’m very curious with him? Why he’s in my mind?

“Ahgassi, won’t you accompany us in this place? We could hang out.” A man with beard asked her. And then his friends laugh. But Joon Hae keeps walking and doesn’t care, which made the man mad. She hold Joon Hae’s shoulder, “Ya, I’m talking to you nicely. You don’t look bad. But you don’t seem happy. Let me make you happy, arasso?” Joon Hae shoke off that man’s hand from her shoulder. “Ahjussi, it’s my life whether I’m happy or not.” And wanted to go. But the man’s friends hold Joon Hae’s hand and the man hit Joon Hae and made her lip bleeding. Joon Hae doesn’t look scared at all. It seems like she doesn’t care whether he will kill her or not. She doesn’t have anything left in this world. The man put out a knife and wanted to stab Joon Hae. She closed her eyes, but wait. A man is hitting the the bearded man. Also, he hit the bearded man’s friends. He’s very strong. Ani. Jakkaman. Isn’t he the customer that came to the shop?