Chapter 6

The Art Of Kidnapping

Her scent was sweet.

That was what Hyomin thought as her kidnapper held her close while walking themselves backward to the only kitchen in the lone cabin. Fingernails dug into the flesh of Hyomin’s slim waist, but it was better than having a sharp knife up your throat. Much better. Those things made her nervous, and well, it didn’t do much good when the short midget threatened her with it.

Hyomin did not know why she decided to cry right then and there. Maybe she was too overwhelmed with exploding emotions because of the predicament she was in? Or maybe it was the fear that this person could eventually harm her if she doesn’t obey her commands? Whatever it was, Hyomin was glad that her flowing tears could soften up this woman.

‘You’re too warm to be a kidnapper.'

After being dragged slowly down the stairs, the vertically-challenged woman led Hyomin through the living room and into the small kitchen.

“Here,” the monotone voice behind her whispered into her ears, whilst turning Hyomin around to let her see the room. “Cook something for yourself, but remember…If you try to do something against me, forget about eating because I’m watching your every move.” Once she gave the very clear warning, she pushed the taller brunette forward into the surprisingly homey kitchen.

Staggering a few steps in due to the unexpected force, Hyomin glanced behind to see her very cute kidnapper walking behind the bar counter in the middle of the kitchen and leaning forward with her arms folded on top of it. With the way her poker face was on, and those round eyes practically glued at her, it seems that Hyomin won’t be able to make an escape anytime soon.

‘Do you really have to keep watch over me this way? I feel like my soul is being pierced through every second.’

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

Sunny just casually stood there, but at the same time, on high alert as she locked on to every movement the woman in front of her was making. Since the only food supplies in here were cups of instant noodle and ramen, the midget watched her nervously taking out one of them from the cabinet on top. Her lips curved slightly when her captive dropped the object and letting out a muffled squeak; either from having someone literally watching her every move, or purely out of clumsiness.

Sunny guessed both options were plausible. Anyone could have behaved this way if they were in this kind of situation.

Seeing her pop up again after grabbing the cup back into her hands, the agent continued on with her surveillance of the woman, who was now putting water in a steel kettle provided in the cabin’s kitchen. Once it was filled up, she immediately turned the faucet off and placed the kettle on a burning stove.

Now, to wait for the water to get heated up. It felt like an eternity.

Another silence was experienced, but this time, it was more…awkward rather than tense.

With her victim’s back facing her, Sunny had no idea what kind of expression she was harbouring on right now. Was she trying to plot something? Thinking about how to escape from this god-forsaken place? How to smack the living hell out of her kidnapper like earlier with that head ? These were the only thoughts that Sunny could make out. It didn’t take much to know that every single captive’s main priority was to escape from the clutches of whoever that captured them. It was common sense. She has to be on guard for anything that her victims would try on her. This woman was no exception, even if she did somehow let her get away from being locked up in the bedroom for the whole night.

Sunny blinked when the tall woman slowly turned around and stared back at her.

Taking part in this gratuitous staring game, the agent let herself to fully absorb every single detail of this gorgeous captive of hers. Now that she recalled, Sunny never really took a good long look at her face to face, excluding the time she ‘observed’ her while the woman was knocked out.

‘She seems calm right now. Or is that just a façade, I wonder?’

“Yeah? What do you want?” she asked her captive, but her tone made her seem more hostile than required.

“I-I was just wondering if you’re hungry too…”

That unexpected sentence made one of Sunny’s eyebrows to quirk.

Said kidnapper had never been so confused in her entire life.

This was the first time any one of her victims ever asked anything like that.

“No, I’m not hungry,” she lied.

“Well, if you say so…”

A loud shrill came out of nowhere, startling the one nearest to the stove while the other woman behind the counter did not even flinch. As Park Sunyoung was busy with turning off the stove and pouring the contents of the kettle into the cup of ramen, Sunny was more preoccupied with what her captive had said.

Now that she mentioned it, she WAS actually kind of…in need of food. It’s been several hours since she last eaten anything.

Hearing the stirrings of chopsticks against the insides of the cup, her partially-wounded nose sensing the ever distinctive aroma of noodles, and that small cup now placed on the counter; as if it was tempting her, Sunny had to control her every being to not snatch it away and devour it. Even the cup.

‘No, stomach, don’t you DARE make a n-!’

A loud rumbling could be heard in the kitchen.

The slowly crumbling poker face could not hide the hunger in Sunny’s eyes and her stomach’s desperate plea for all things edible.

“…Do you want one?”

“Yeah…”

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

The grumbling tummy was a surprise, but it was to be expected after Hyomin saw the slight twitch of her captor’s mouth the moment she placed the cup of ramen on the counter once she was done stirring all the contents in it. The look of hunger as she would like to call it. So it was true that the eyes were the windows to anyone’s soul.

Hyomin almost wanted to burst into laughter after seeing the hilarious expression on the midget’s face, realizing what she had unconsciously done. She never would have thought that this cute-looking but cold kidnapper would be so adorable.

“Here, you can have mine.” Hyomin spoke timidly while pushing the cup closer towards the hungry woman.

“But what about you?” the kidnapper questioned, darting her eyes back and forth suspiciously between the tempting noodles and a generous Hyomin. “Aren’t YOU hungry?”

“There’s more where that came from. I’ll just cook myself another one.”

Without another word, she went back to get another cup of ramen and started repeating all the things she did a moment ago.

Her thoughts wondered off as she ripped off the packets of seasoning and oil, and pouring them into the cup. Why did she even offer that to her kidnapper in the first place? The one who practically ambushed her in an alley, and holding her for ransom here. Now that she was here, what was she supposed to do? Hope and pray that this woman won’t kill her until she gets her ransom or whatever the heck she wants? Hyomin’s face darkened as her thoughts began to get deeper. How would her parents react when they realised that their only child is missing? She knew her mother would be in a state of unfathomable shock, but what about her father? Would HE react the same way? Would he even react at all? Would he even do anything? Sometimes, she did not know if her father loved her… He was simply devoid of all feelings of affections towards her, at least that was what Hyomin thought of her old man throughout these years.

And it hurts.

Like a stab through her heart every time she thought about it.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

After analysing her ramen, from sniffing and tasting it carefully to detect if there was any signs of poison or drugs in it, Sunny slowly used her chopsticks to hold the curly, long pieces of flour up to her salivating mouth once she cleared the food of its inspection. Slurping it up quite loudly, this was completely opposite to how she was behaving at first. Sometimes, hunger can make even the most stoic person on Earth to become desperate. Noticing that captive was taking a little too long to prepare her meal, Sunny glanced up to see her still having her back turned, standing there motionlessly.

‘Something’s off here…’

“Hey.”

No answer.

“Hey!”

This time her victim turned around again, behaving like a deer in front of headlights.

“Y-yes?”

“Come here and eat.”

She seems startled by what Sunny had just said.

Sensing that she was still trying to process that sentence into her brain, Sunny repeated herself.

“I said, come here and eat. With me,” she gestured at the seat across from her at the counter.” It’s not a comfortable way to eat if you’re just standing there right?”

Her captive just nodded at that fact, then brought her already prepared ramen over to the bar counter where Sunny was multi-tasking with devouring her food and keeping a watchful eye on her victim.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Hyomin chewed slowly and took small bites of her ramen. She hated it when her unexpected broodings came by. Even her grumbling stomach could not go up against the thoughts that were haunting her brain at that moment. She was completely unaware that her kidnapper had already finished her food long ago, and was silently observing her blankly playing with her noodles instead of eating it.

“Do you know that I have a time limit for finishing your food right now?” the midget spoke out of the blue, while impatiently looking at her watch. “You don’t have much time left, only a few more minutes before I snatch that away from you and throw it away.”

The moment she heard about a ‘time limit’, Hyomin immediately slurp up every single noodles that was left before gulping the soup into . Once done, she slammed the empty cup back onto the counter, panting heavily like it she just went through a marathon.

“I’m done…” she breathlessly said.

The kidnapper did not utter a word after witnessing that. Instead, she nonchalantly got up from her stool, grabbed the two already empty cups, and threw them away into the dust bin provided. Once that was done, she grabbed the clueless Hyomin firmly by the elbow and led her back upstairs.

“Yah! Where are we going!?” Hyomin shouted back, whilst struggling to escape from the midget’s abnormally strong grasp on her.

“Back to your room, where else?” Her kidnapper had to revert to back-hugging her feisty captive once again and lifting her up to the bedroom before things starts to get more annoying for her to handle. “Stop resisting!”

By the time her kidnapper managed to enter the room, Hyomin already dealt some powerful elbows blows to the side of her face, making the midget let out a muffled ‘oof’ every time she got hit.

“FOR ’S SAKE, STOP IT! I’M NOT GONNA HURT YOU!”

“THEN WHY THE HELL DID YOU KIDNAP ME IN THE FIRST PLACE!?”


Hyomin felt herself being flung from the tight hold and landing onto something soft.

Another familiar weight was on top of her before she could even sit up from the bed and lunge at the woman who put her in this predicament. Hyomin tried to push her off, but to no avail.

“Stop struggling. Just ing stop it!” The malice in her voice meant business and it worked in making the victim obey her commands.

Hyomin really wanted to punch, kick, head , pound the living hell out of this woman, and tear her limb from limb.

But she can’t.

The body on top of hers was holding so tightly onto her, to the point where she could be squeezed to death.

And secondly, she was just too tired. With all the events that happened in just one day, it was no wonder she practically had no energy left.

‘I just want to go home.’

As seconds passed by and that the both of them cooled down, the tight hold on her began to lessen but it was still secured in place around her lean body. Hyomin didn’t know for how long they stayed in that position, but when her kidnapper sensed that their fiery anger were already doused, she lifted her head off from Hyomin’s right shoulder to look at her face. They were inches away from each other.

And all Hyomin could do was to blush.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Sunny just stared at the woman below her.

No, more at the facial injury she inflicted on her when she needed to shut her up at the back of the car.

That thing was really bothering her.

“Don’t ing do anything while I’m gone. I’ll be right back.”

She left the bedroom without another word, not bothering to lock the bedroom door where her captive sat up on the bed, looking as bewildered as ever at the agent’s sudden departure.

Sunny came back again with a first-aid kit she found in the bathroom. This time, the midget closed the door, before sitting on the bed to open the kit. Her captive watched as Sunny searched and finally got the thing she wanted. The kidnapper squeezed out a bit of healing ointment out from its tube, and moved herself closer to Hyomin, which resulted in her captive to back away out of reflex. Whether it was from fear or suspicions, Sunny didn’t care. She just wanted to get rid of that bruise on her beautiful face.

“Are you scared of me?” she asked the tall brunette.

Another few seconds of silence before her captive decided to let herself be closer to her kidnapper.

Sunny was surprised to see the change of behaviour that this Park Sunyoung was showing her, but shook off the thought to focus on the task at hand. She wrapped her right arm around the woman’s waist, and then rubbed the ointment gently on the bruise on Hyomin’s left cheek with her left hand. It stung at first, but the cooling sensation of the ointment got rid of all that.

“I’m not scared of you now.”

“That’s good, then.” Sunny spoke, whilst continuing on with her task.

“But, you still haven’t answered my question…”

“…What question?”

This time, her captive turned to face her kidnapper in the eye.

“Why did you kidnap me?”

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

 

 
 
A/N: Hey guys! Thanks for reading this story, and all of the comments and subscribes. It's good to see that there's a lot of Sunny/Hyomin shippers out there. My OTP isn't so underrated after all lol. If you are interested, you can check out my other story, 'Out Of Reach', which is a Soshi bond fic that I've written  a while back. Once again, thank you very much for reading. I really appreciate it :D