Prologue And Chapter 1

The Art Of Kidnapping

“I’ve got another client for you to take care of.”

The smell of tobacco filled the entire gloomy office, the smoker giving it a long drag as he spoke to his employee behind his desk.

The woman dressed in almost all black, consisting of a leather jacket, a white undershirt and a pair of jeans, stood attentively in front of her employer. Her flawless face had an emotionless expression on it as she listened to the deep and gruff voice giving her orders.

“He is willing to pay a hundred million dollars if you are successful in bringing in this woman to him.”

Her boss stubbed out his cigarette onto a nearby ashtray, and proceeded to take out several photographs and some documents from the desk’s drawers.

The woman in black looked down onto the desk to see her next victim.

A feminine and beautiful lady, with long brunette locks of hair and attractive features, was captured from multiple angles in the photos. The said person might not have noticed that she was being photographed judging by how oblivious she looked in them.

Woman in black was intrigued. He wanted her to kidnap this sight for sore eyes? This new victim must be one of those stuck-up and spoiled daughters of rich businessmen, she thought.

“So, do you accept this job?” her boss asked, after observing the slight change of expression in the woman’s face.

Without a single word, woman in black grabbed the photos and articles on the desk and marched out of the dank room.

“Wait!”

She stopped in her tracks.

“If you fail this mission, there will be heavy consequences for both of us” He warned while reaching for another stick from his cigarette pack.

“I’ll be careful.”

And with that, the woman in black left the office to hunt for her new prey.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

~

Chapter 1

“I’m going off now, mom!”

A beautiful woman, clad in a simple white blouse and black skinny jeans that showed off her curves, hurriedly climbed down the stairs to the entrance of her apartment. Before making her way to her destination, she stopped by into the kitchen to kiss her mother on the cheeks, who was busily preparing breakfast for the small family.

“Aren’t you going to have breakfast first, dear?” her middle-aged mother asked, concerned for her daughter’s health.

The man of the family sat at the dinner table while reading the newspaper, casually ignoring the scene near him.

His daughter warily looked at him for a moment, but continued to answer her mother’s question.

“Sorry mom… gonna have to skip breakfast today. I need to go to a very important lecture early right now.”

After her reason was already spoken out, she gripped her shoulder bag tightly and rushed out the room with no hesitation.

The sound of the front door being shut can be heard from the kitchen.

Silence.

“Honey…when are you going to start talking with Sunyoung? She is our only daughter, if you have somehow forgotten. Or did your busy days at work caused you to have a slight case of amnesia?” Mrs. Park said to her husband.

Mr. Park broke his gaze from the article that he was reading to look at his wife in front of him, an indifferent expression plastered onto his face.

“I’ll talk to her when she is willing to speak to me first about important things.”

He went back to reading the news.

And all Mrs. Park could do was to heave a frustrated sigh at her husband’s behaviour before resuming cooking a slightly smaller breakfast for both of them.

‘If only you could have focused more on your daughter when she needs you most, instead of going to your business meetings almost every day.'

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Park Sunyoung or more widely known as Hyomin by her friends, walked briskly towards the bus-stop near her house. This was a slight contrast to the moving around she did while she was inside her humble abode. Maybe the rare intimidating presence of her father in the house made her do that.

She never had a close relationship with her domineering father ever since she was in primary school. There are multiple reasons for this. Firstly, it was his attitude. He had never shown a liking towards his daughter. Whenever she wanted to talk with him, he would always let it go into one ear and out the next ear. Hyomin had always thought that she was an adopted child or something like that, but no, she already checked and that she was indeed her parents’ biological daughter.

The other main reason is that her father was rarely at home. She was quite shocked to see him in the kitchen just now. Usually, he would always sleep in since he comes home in the dead of night. Hyomin had asked her mother what her father usually does at work to make him return home so late, but all she got was a shrug and a somber expression as an answer. After that, she never asked about her father again…

Mr. Park was such an enigma to her...even his own wife barely knew anything about him.

Hyomin shook off the thought and focused on the matter at hand. There was an important lecture later at her university and she needed to get there quick. Luckily for her, as she reached the bus-stop, the bus had already come to a stop in front of her. She boarded it without realizing that someone was watching her every move.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

“Target spotted.”

The woman in black removed the binoculars from her large round eyes, and proceeded to follow her target’s bus to the university via the rooftops all around her.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~