Chapter 5

The Art Of Kidnapping

The bathroom door was forcefully slammed out of the way as the short brunette tried her very best to block the continuous flow of red liquid leaking out from her nose. Opening the medical cabinet above the sink, Sunny quickly scanned the rows of medicines, pills, and other toiletries until she locked in on the thing she needed the most right now.

She grabbed the roll of tissues, pulled out a fistful of the paper objects, and held up her head while covering her damaged facial feature with it. Feeling her nose for a short moment, the agent heaved a sigh of relief after realizing that it was not completely dislocated from her face. It was just a bit of bleeding from the unexpected attack by her rebellious captive.

‘Damn, that … haven’t got a beating like that for awhile… that head was something else.’

Sunny leaned against the white marble sink, while continuing on with blocking the blood from coming out. She stayed in that position for a good ten minutes before deciding to release her hold on her nose.

Crimson red.

The sight of it could make anyone faint or nauseous. But not for Sunny… she has already seen her fair share of them. Well, actually more than the average person.

She tried breathing slowly through her semi-healed nose again with no problems. After throwing the bloodied tissues into a nearby dustbin, Sunny turned around to face herself in the mirror on the medical cabinet.

The person before her had some strands of brown hair frizzled up on her head, making it looked like she had just woken up on the wrong side of the bed. Not to mention the puffy eyes, the scrunched up expression she had, and the newly added souvenir on her complexion to remember this incident by. Yup, this is Sunny alright. Her codename did not seem to suit the woman at this very moment. She might have thought that it be better to let people call her by her real name for once.

“Who the hell are you?” the agent interrogated sarcastically.” Normally, I would always see a cute-looking girl whenever I look in a mirror, but you seem to have replaced her somewhere.”

Sunny chuckled at the way she was behaving right now.

“What the hell am I doing, talking to myself? Maybe that head knocked me over in the head way more than it hurt my nose. She took martial arts or something? I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s a black belt. Great, makes the mission all the more of a hassle for me. No wonder this is worth a lot of money for just a single girl. The has skills.”

The agent was not the type to often swear or spew vulgarities at every little thing that pisses her off, but all that changed after she had to look after this frustrating woman. She hadn’t felt this worked up over a mere victim before. The only time she was like this was when she first entered this profession. That REALLY turned her life around a full 180 degrees.

Lee Soonkyu shook off that memory that just unexpectedly probed into her mind. This was not the time to remember her messed up past. There were more important things to take care off. Like how to control the ‘female dog’ in the bedroom from adding another injury in her list.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.



The supposed ‘female dog’ was in the middle of getting herself untied with little to no success. Struggling to move around in her tied up state was harder than she thought.

‘C’mon, there HAS to be something sharp in here to cut this u-!’

Her thought was interrupted when her met with the cold hard floor.

“Ooof!”

What an uncomfortable position she was in.

After letting out an ungrateful grunt, Hyomin used the remaining amount of energy she had left in her to get into a ‘worm’ position since she could not get up and walk, or even crawl around because of the state she was in right now. Wriggling her way over to the lone wooden desk in the room like a caterpillar, she noticed that the edge of the corner was possibly sharp enough for her to break free and run loose from those tight wires.

And possibly escape from this nightmare.

‘God, I hope this works.’

Again with some much needed effort, Hyomin finally got herself to stand up into a slightly upward position with her knees bent, due to her feet stuck together, and turned herself around to rub the wires on her hands up against the only thing that she found useful in this dull room right now. She clenched her teeth tight, hoping and praying desperately that her kidnapper won’t enter the room and catch her in the act. Her heartbeat was off the scale; a few beads of sweat started to drip down the contours of her face. Although she was VERY aware of how attractive the short woman was, Hyomin still had her conscience repeatedly reminding her that the midget was the one who deliberately got her into this hell-hole.

If only both of them met in an entirely different situation. Preferably if this midget was not a criminal and was someone Hyomin would meet in school, or at her beloved café, and then they could get to know each other a little better. They could hit it off well. Maybe become friends or something more than that.

Hyomin snapped back to reality.

‘What am I thinking?! Focus on getting yourself loose, you dimwit!’

Sometimes, reality is a pain in the .

The constricting pressure on her hands began to fade away as time goes by. She felt the knots slowly ripping. And finally, she was one step closer to freedom.

A soft, but accomplished ‘yes’ came out from the university student before she immediately went to free the lower half of her body. That meant another big step towards freedom.

‘Okay, screw the ‘kicking my cute kidnapper in the ’ plan. I’m getting the hell outta here!’

Knowing that the bedroom’s door was locked, the only way out was the lone window. Striding over to the exit, Hyomin gripped the bottom of the window pane and lifted it up, but to no avail. She tried again. It still won’t budge. Frustration was rising up inside her. She needed to get out. If forcing it open did not work, she had to break the glass of the window. But there was only one problem…

It would make a lot of noise.

Hyomin was not in the mood to see her kidnapper again. But then again, what else is she to do in this situation? Remembering the head she gave to her, the midget should be more focused on healing it right now. This might be the only time she could get away.

Making up her mind, Hyomin rose up her right leg and kicked the glass repeatedly.

“What!?”

It did not shatter. Not even a crack.

Getting even more irritated, she switched legs and kicked it again with much more force, letting out a hoarse grunt every single time. It STILL did not work.
As a final resort, she stomped over to the chair near the desk at the other side of the room, lifted it up, went back to the stubborn window, and smashed it against the glass.

A small crack appeared, but other than that, nothing happened once again.

‘IS THIS SOME KIND OF BULLETPROOF GLASS OR SOMETHING!?’

Hyomin’s anger has reached the boiling point.

She was a bull in a china shop, or in this case a bull in a small bedroom.


~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

“What the hell?”

Sunny broke the conversation with her reflection; turning around to the source of all the banging and loud thumps heard through the thin walls of the cabin. And did she hear a scream just now?

‘Is that girl murdering someone, or is she trying to kill herself?’

Knowing full well that there was nobody else inside the bedroom except for her captive, she went with the latter. Or more realistically, her captive might have untied herself and was trying to get away by using the window. She smirked at that hypothesis. Trust her agency to place in special glass that resists almost all kinds of forces inflicted onto it, with the exception of Mother Nature’s wrath or a bazooka.

She calmly went back to the front door of the bedroom, while taking out a small portable Swiss army knife from the pockets of her trusty leather jacket. She stopped in front of the closed door, the noise more audible than before. Flicking out the knife, the agent slowly used the key to unlock the door with her right hand while keeping her weapon closely by her side on the left. Sunny cautiously opened the door after putting the key back in the safety of her jacket.

The door creaked.

That was enough to stop her captive dead in her tracks. Her back was facing Sunny, with her arms raised and the poor dismantled chair in her hands. The agent could see that the window was still intact even though there were MUCH more cracks visible than the last time she was in here. The silence was so thick that anyone could cut it with a knife if that was even possible. The only sound heard was the heavy and breathless pants from the victim.

“Put. The chair. Down.” Sunny ordered with an icy tone.

Her command was ignored.

Sunny entered the room, inching nearer to the tall woman.

“PUT IT DOWN!”

Hyomin dropped the object onto the floor, flinching a little at how loud the shorty’s voice was.

“Raise both of your arms.”

This time, she obeyed the command.

Gripping tightly onto her knife, Sunny crouched down; keeping both of her eyes locked on to her unmoving captive while grabbing the damaged chair up from the ground and flung it over to one corner of the room.

Her victim flinched again.

Sunny stood up again, switched her weapon to her right hand, and went even closer to the tall brunette. Her arms wrapped themselves around the woman’s slim figure; her left arm supporting her waist and her right arm around her neck with the sharp knife dangerously close to its artery. With this amount of body contact, Sunny could literally feel the fear leeching out from her victim, due to the trembling, sweat, and haggard breathing of her victim. She despised this part of every mission she had done throughout the years. She never took in any enjoyment or pleasure whatsoever in inflicting fear into her victims. Or killing people if the mission requires that…

She hated this job.

The kidnapper pulled in the woman tighter against her petite self, adjusting the knife carefully near her neck but not touching it so.

“Let me make this clear… I’m NOT going to hurt you,” Sunny whispered in a soft, calm but firm voice. “But, if you make this harder for me than it needs be, then I’ll have no choice but to use force on you.”

Something wet fell onto the knuckle of her right hand.

“I just want to go home.”

‘She’s crying.’

“You can’t… I can’t let you.”

The sobbing was getting louder. It felt like a little something in her body died every time she heard those sobs. This mission was going to be harder than she thought.

The sobbing stopped when she felt a grumbling on her victim’s stomach.

“Look, I’ll take back what I said about you starving to death in here. I’m gonna lead you to the kitchen, and then you can cook whatever you want in there. However, if you try to resist or I see the slightest implication that you are going to escape from here, then forget about eating throughout this whole time when you’re with me.”

The moment Hyomin nodded her head; the sharp thing poking at her neck disappeared from her line of sight and she felt her kidnapper leading her backwards to the kitchen with their bodies still close together.

‘This girl does have a heart, after all.’


~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~