Chapter 4

The Art Of Kidnapping

Author's Note: Now, I need you all to read this before proceeding on with the story.
You know all those safe houses that was mentioned in the last chap? Well, they're like owned by the agency that Sunny works in. They're there for the sake of making things a little easier for the agents who are assigned to missions like the one Sunny is in right now. Kidnapping missions. The contacts that her Boss have kinda takes care of these safe houses, so the safe house that Sunbyung is gonna go to have supplies like food and clothes for a few days to be exact. I'm not gonna tell or explain anymore about how his contacts re-stock the supplies, or about this mysterious agency Sunny works in. You have to wait for the story to come along to find out.

Anyways, enjoy!

 

 

The monotonous rumbling of the car’s engine was the only sound that could be heard. Tuning into the radio would be considered inappropriate, and not suited for the situation Sunny was in right now. There was still no sign of a safe house anywhere. All that could be seen was just barren countryside. The utter darkness of the whole area did not help in making things any easier. She began to use her free hand to rub her aching head. It was only a few hours since she kidnapped the target and already the mission has taken its toll on the professional agent.

Who knew that such a gorgeous woman could be THIS tough to handle?

‘Ugh… this girl is different from all the others I’ve captured. She’s more strong-willed and feistier than the normal weaker ones. Even the males aren’t this difficult to control. I have to be more careful around her once she wakes up from her dreamland. WHERE THE HELL IS THAT PLACE?!’

Trying to keep calm and collected isn’t exactly the main priority right now.

Sunny leaned forward; squinting her large eyes to make it any less darker of what was in front of her. Nope, that did not work. But the headlights of her car say otherwise. Out of the corner of her eyes, she saw a skillfully hidden dirt road leading uphill to her right, behind a lush greenery of bushes and trees. Anyone could have driven passed this without a second thought.

She stopped the car for a moment to reach for her badly- treated phone beside her. The GPS showed her location. Yup, she was correct. The safe house was just right up this hill. It felt like a weight was slowly lifted off from her shoulders.Without a second thought, she drove her way deeper up the isolated road. It was bumpy and hard to maneuver on but a bit of patience, added with some driving experience on these kinds of roads, finally concluded the journey to their resting point.

The cabin/ safe house stood at about two stories high in all its wooden glory. There were some moss and overgrown plants growing here and there outside it. There’s no telling what else would be growing and living inside the cabin, as the place looked old enough to have lasted since the beginning of the Korean War.
Sunny couldn’t be bothered about that. She might as well take what she gets, and then improvise with it. This was one of her missions, after all.

She parked the black car at the side of the building, where the shadows were so that it wouldn’t be easily seen.

Once that was done, she turned the key in the ignition to stop the engine.

The sound faded away.

Silence.

‘Now, about this girl…’

She looked at the rear view mirror.

‘Still knocked out, huh? Did I hit her too hard?’

She took a deep breath. Inhale. Exhale. Putting her phone inside her leather jacket, she exited the car and went to open the back seat. The strong midget gathered the unconscious woman in her arms, and hurls her up onto her left shoulder like she was carrying a sack of rice.

‘Heavy.’

Securing her left hand around the victim’s slim figure, she used her other free hand to grab her one and only silver suitcase. Making sure that the car was fully locked; the kidnapper quickly walked and climbed a few stairs leading up towards the entrance of the cabin.

Since both of her hands were occupied, Sunny didn’t think twice about kicking the poor door open. The force of her kick almost broke it off its rusty hinges.

The room was full of dust. Sunny wanted to sneeze. She placed her suitcase down to blindly search and feel for a light switch at the walls near her.

*Click*

Several flickers of light, then the room became bright.

It was surprisingly better kept than expected, although infested with dust and some cobwebs hanging around at the corners. A red leather couch was placed in the middle of the room, accompanied by a round glass coffee table in front of it. The kitchen can be seen from the entrance, and that it had no door to separate it from the living room. On the left was the staircase leading up to the bedrooms. Sunny headed upstairs before exploring the new environment. She needed to drop off some baggage first.

Entering the nearest bedroom she sees, the kidnapper bent over and gently laid her captive on her side onto the lone bed; propping her head on one of the comfy pillows provided. Sunny’s eyes stared at the very visible bruise on the woman’s face. Her fingers had minds of their own, as they trailed the contours of her face and along where the injury was.

She stopped whatever she was doing.

‘Wait a minute… why am I being gentle with this girl? Shouldn’t I be placing her on a chair and tie her up again?’

Her ponderings confused her even more.

‘What’s wrong with me today? I’m not like this. Whatever, I’ll just leave her here this way.'

The kidnapper nonchalantly got up from her awkward position, and proceeded to check out the rest of what the old cabin has to offer.

Something hindered her action though.

Her sharp ears heard the slight rustling of movement on the bed.

Sleeping beauty was going to wake up soon…without the help of an enchanted kiss from Prince Charming.

‘Crap… need to find the keys to this place and lock her up. It’s gotta be here somewhere. Come to think of it, Boss did mention that all the safe houses have already been stocked up with supplies and that the key is hidden somewhere nearby. I just need to find it quick!'

She rushed out the door at the speed of light, not forgetting to close it first of course, to search for a single bunch of elusive keys in this relatively large house.

‘Now, if I were a key, where would I hide? Or technically, where would one of Boss’s contacts hide it.  Nah, it can’t be there… could it?'

Sunny went back outside to the porch/entrance of the cabin to confirm her suspicions. She looked down on the ground. A ‘Welcome’ doormat was in front of her. She pulled it up from one of its corner.

And there they were. The old under-a-doormat hiding place.

Sunny almost wanted to scoff.

‘WHY am I not surprised.’

She wondered at how her agency still manages to survive this far with their sometimes predictable methods. Oh well, at least she could lock up the bedroom and the front door now.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.



“Sunyoung, come here.”

That voice… it could only be one person. The person she feared the most.

“Didn’t you hear me? I said come here.”

She immediately obeyed his command. It’s not worth it to trigger his anger.

She stood attentively and bravely in front of him, although the slight quivering in her facial expression says otherwise. The bright orange light coming from the quietly burning fireplace behind him made his very presence even more menacing. His piercing stare did not make it any easier for her either.

He roughly took one of her hands to place a piece of paper in it.

“I want you to go to this address and learn some self- defense techniques over there. I have already signed you up, so you better attend every single lesson. Understand?” His gruff voice sent shivers down her spine.

“Y-yes, Father…”

At first, she did not know why she was forced to go there, but she finally knew how blessed she was that she could put those skills to good use.


~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

Her eyes fluttered about as she slowly woke up from her disoriented state. Blurry vision, aching body, and an uncomfortable position she was in. What a way to wake up. Moreover, it felt like the blood circulation to her hands and feet were cut off. Once she regained back her vision, she examined her new surroundings.

Light reflected from the full moon outside the lone window of the room made it easier for her to see. Dark brown wooden walls which were chipped and splintered, a wardrobe accompanied by a dresser occupied one half of the small room while a study table and chair occupied the other. In the middle was the stiff single bed she laid on; its white sheets now wrinkled up due to the movements she made while having that nostalgic flashback.

‘I can’t believe that I got kidnapped by… her. Once I get myself out of these wires, I’m so gonna show her a piece of my mind before getting the hell outta here.'

And on cue, her kidnapper entered the room; not showing the slightest hint of surprise that her captive was awake, judging by her poker face.

Hyomin backed away, or more or less, wiggled her way back against the headrest of the bed; trying to further the distance as far as possible from the woman in black while glaring imaginary daggers straight at her. That did not stop the midget from getting any closer towards the tied-up captive.

She found herself face to face with the kidnapper towering above her again.

Déjà vu, much?

“Would it be better for you if I remove that tape from your mouth?” She whispered.

Several seconds passed before the brunette nodded her head.

She let out a scream after the sharp pain of the tape being forcefully peeled off sparked in.

“Make all the noise you want. Nobody is going to hear you.”

The pain subsided.

“…What do you want from me? Money? Huh? Is that what you want? Well, you chose the wrong girl to mess with!”

Head .

“ARRGH!”

Did she just hear something crack?

‘I didn't know my own strength.’

A few droplets of blood dropped and stained the white bed sheets. Some landed on Hyomin’s white blouse.

“YOU !”

She prepared to get another tight slap, or maybe even a punch.

It never happened.

She felt the extra weight above her and on the bed disappear.

“Fine, be that way! Let’s just hope you don’t starve to death in here!”

Her kidnapper left the room with an aggravated huff while trying to stop the bleeding from her nose. The door slammed shut. She heard the click of the lock.

‘I think I just broke her cute little nose.’

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.