Chapter 2 - I Think of Him Always

The Angel of Death Falls in Love

Thank you for your patience~ I finally completed this chapter! I have rewritten this chapter at least 6 times now >.< But yea. Finally wrote something worth publishing. I just hope I didn't fail with any grammatical errors or anything xD That would be embarassing since I live in Australia HAHAHA!

Enjoy~

 

~Donghae~

For the next couple of days I just could not draw myself away from this perfect mortal. I had stalked my Hyukkie everywhere he went. I spent every waking moment with him. Work obviously came first. However, through my observations I learnt that Hyukjae’s hot body was maintained through hours and hours of dance practice; His smile showed more gums then teeth; He loved everything to do with strawberries, ranging from his food to his shampoo and toothpaste. He even owns pyjamas with strawberry prints on them! I just wish that I could reveal myself to him. Talk to him. Touch him. All I think about now is my Hyukkie. What is wrong with me? Why do I constantly think MY Hyukkie! It's not like he belongs to me or anything!

*sigh*

“Mr Deathie! What are you sighing for?” A voice interrupted my train of thought. I forgot I was out drinking with my colleagues. We rarely had nights off like this. So tonight we decided to go all out and party till the sun rises high up into the sky.

“Yesung will you stop calling me that! It’s so mean! I’m just tired from work today. Didn't you have a tiring day?” I was slightly annoyed. Yesung was another angel of death who worked in my division. He only started a millennium ago which meant that he could only handle ferrying one soul at a time. On the other hand, I have been doing this since the beginning of time itself. I was and still am the most powerful Angel of Death which earned me the title: the Archangel of Death.

“Nope, today was very easy for me. I only had to pick up an old lady. Why are you so tired?” Yesung was in a happy mood as he always got the easy jobs.

“WHAT? Siwon made me clean up after a bloody earthquake in Japan today. I had to wait 10 hours before my victims died! 10 HOURS! I HATE HIM!” I pouted like a child. It’s not fair!

“You know you love me! Plus you were the only one strong enough to ferry all of those souls in one trip!” Siwon smirked. Siwon is in charge of giving out assignments in our division. However, he isn't an angel of death. He never leaves heaven and devotes himself to the God the Almighty. He has white wings unlike the angels of death. He is what we call the pure ones.

“Meanie!” I stuck my tongue out at him. You would never have guessed that death could be so childish.

Just then Leeteuk walks in. Leeteuk is also an Archangel with white wings too. He is in charge of security in heaven and defence against the demonic surge from hell. Through his devotion to God, he has earned the right to be in God's presence.

“HYUNG! I MISSED YOU! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?” I jumped and ran up to hug my friend.

“Kangin made another attempt on Heaven’s Gates again.” Leeteuk sighed. He seemed very troubled. I continued to cling onto him.

I knew Leeteuk and Kangin were childhood friends and were inseparable until just recently. A century ago Kangin had given into temptation. He had thirsted for power and riches so the angel had clipped his wings and drank the blood of the demon king. He became the new demon king and now reigns over hell.

“Oh... Are you alright?” I asked awkwardly.

“Yea, don’t worry about it. Anyway it’s getting late now. Even if we have the night off you still have work tomorrow morning. Everyone go back to your rooms and get some rest.” That was just like our Teukkie-hyung, mothering us all the time.

Instead of heading home to my wife, I decided to fly down to Earth once more. I wondered what my Hyukkie would be doing at this time of the night. I pulled on my black coat and dived down to China.



~Eunhyuk~

“Monkey boy! Hello? Anyone in there? Earth to monkey do you copy?” Hangeng shook me out of my trance.

“Oh yeah what’s wrong?” I wondered. Hangeng’s face was wrinkled with worry.

“Is there anything you wanted to tell me?” Hangeng asked for the hundredth time.

“There is nothing to talk about! Hey, if you keep worrying you’ll become wrinkled and old!” I flashed my famous gummy smile at him. Hangeng seemed unconvinced but relaxed again. He didn’t want to cause a fight over something as trivial as this.

I just couldn’t tell him the truth. How am I supposed to tell him that I feel like someone is constantly watching me? How am I supposed to tell my best friend that I feel like I am in love with something that I cannot see? How am I supposed to tell him the truth if it just sounds like a lie? He would think I was crazy. I mean what could I do?

We were walking towards my hotel once more. We kept our conversation light to prevent any further awkwardness between us. We told jokes to each other and laughter filled the night air.
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I entered my hotel room and collapsed on the king sized bed. I was very tired but I suddenly felt the same chill I felt when I arrived in China for the first time, watching the burning building. I am being watched again. I sat up immediately. I had an idea.

“Hello? Is anyone there? I know you are watching me! SHOW YOURSELF!” I knew what I was doing sounded very stupid. I just couldn’t take it anymore. I just hoped that I was not going crazy and it wasn’t just all in my head.

“What do you want from me?” I tried again. I waited. There was no reply. What did I expect? I lay down on my bed again. I felt someone hug me as I drifted off to sleep. I heard a very soft voice. Someone whispered into my ear, “I love you.” Impossible. I am alone in this room. With that I fell deep into slumber, too tired and exhausted to think.

 

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE

 

Feel free to comment on it if you enjoy reading this chapter =D I shall reply to all your comments!!! Your comments really do encourage me to write =D

@sujulove429: Thank you =3 I always loved fantasy so here is my shot at it with a fanfiction.

@ifallelsefails: Please don't be sad about Wookie~ I have plans I think. I can work with this!

@keyluvsuju95: Obviously ^^ Hyukkie is so beautiful that he attracts even angels!

@supergirl94ily: Hmmm anime never thought of it like that xD Thank you for thinking I have potential!