Chapter 3 - A New Angel Joins Our Ranks

The Angel of Death Falls in Love

~Ryeowook~

I have been dead for a week. One week in heaven. One should think that I would be happy, but I’m not. I am all alone up here. I wanted to see my family just once. I could still remember the burns and pains of my death clearly. Will they ever go away? I had nightmares every night. I woke up screaming in pain, just to realise that I am already dead and I don’t feel any pain. Staying in heaven was not what I needed. I needed to be free like Donghae, free like a bird. I wanted to have wings and be free too. I decided to become an angel of death.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I have been standing outside the building for an hour now. I was scared. What if they rejected me? What would I do? I gulped down and brought up all the courage I had. I finally proceeded through the double doors.

“Hello, how may I help you?” an attendant politely asked.

“I am R-Ryeowook and I w-want to b-b-become an a-a-angel of death.” I stammered.

“It’s okay to be nervous. All first timers are like that. Now just relax while I pull up your file.” I was relieved. For a minute there I thought they would ask me to leave.
“Hmmm... It looks like you have the qualities to become an angel. Why don’t you go up to level 369 to meet Siwon? He will take care of your application.”

I walked into the elevator and I was stunned. There I saw Donghae and another angel. Just then all my pain went away.



~Donghae~

Why did I say that I loved him? I could not believe that I hugged him to sleep. Why Lee Hyukjae? Why can’t you ever leave my mind? Am I gay? I can’t be! I am an angel! We can’t fall in love with mortals. Then what is this feeling that I have for him. Why does it feel like my heart will crumble if I left him? It’s against the rules to fall for a human! What should I do? I can’t let anyone find out about my obsession. Even my wife has noticed that there is something different about me. What should I do?

“Mr Deathie what’s wrong? You look troubled this morning.” Yesung and I were heading to work for our morning briefing.

“Stop calling me that! It’s just nothing. I had an argument with my wife again because I have been coming home so late frequently.” We walked into the elevator together. Just then I noticed a familiar boy step into the elevator with us.
“Ryeowook what are you doing here?” I wondered how he was doing in heaven. How could I forget the hours I spent talking to him, trying to convince him to follow me to heaven.

“I’m applying to become an angel of death.” He said shyly. I wondered why he was so shy all of a sudden. He definitely wasn’t shy when I talked to him before bringing him to heaven.

“You know that our job is hard right? Like when you encounter a soul that doesn’t want to leave?”

“Yea, I know. I just want to be free.” Ryeowook was now blushing and stealing glances at Yesung. This was the first time I saw him smile. I figured Ryeowook had a crush on Yesung. Maybe I should help him out a little. I had a plan.

*DING*

“Floor 369, hope you all have a great day.” The voice over said.

“Siwon! We’re here. We also have a present for you.” I smirked at Ryeowook. This only made him blush even harder.

“Come in here. I’m just organising your assignments. What present are you talking about?” Siwon is always busy organising our assignments. I don’t even know how he manages to do it by himself. We all walked into his office filled with many files and folders which I guessed were our assignments.

“This is Ryeowook. He wants to become an angel of death. I think he should too.” Siwon looked up. He grabbed a file and skimmed through it.

“Ryeowook, are you sure? It says here you only died a week ago. Becoming an angel is a lifetime commitment. No one has ever quit and stayed in heaven. I just want to be sure that you are not rushing into things.” Siwon was very serious with this matter.

“I am sure. I have thought it over and over again. I want to become an angel of death.” Ryeowook’s expression became serious when he spoke.

“I think that he should partner up with Yesung. That way they can handle bigger assignments and Yesung could train him to become an angel of death.” I winked at Ryeowook which made Ryeowook turn bright red again.

“YAY! I get a partner! Siwon please let me have a partner. Plus if me and Wookie team up then it will be easier for Mr Deathie. Please let Wookie be my partner.” Yesung was very excited about the idea of having a partner. Ryeowook however turned into a tomato. I just couldn’t help but chuckle at his cuteness.

“Okay, Ryeowook can become an angel of death. Yesung will you help set him up? I still have a pile of things to do. He will also move into your dorm room. You guys don’t mind sharing do you?”

“NO! We don’t mind sharing.” YeWook shouted. Ryeowook was turning even redder. How much redder could he get? With that Yesung dragged the blushing Ryeowook out of the office.

“What do you think about our new recruit?” I decided to sit down and make myself comfortable.

“He really has a lot of potential. I think he’ll do well. He also seems to take a liking to Yesung.” Siwon smirked.

“I know! How cute is that! I bet Yesung doesn’t even realise it. So how much work do I have to do today?”

“Actually you have a day off today. Yesung and Ryeowook can do everything. You are welcome to still go down to Earth if you wish.” Siwon grinned. He knew that I have been spending all my time down there recently. I just hope he doesn’t find out why. I would be in big trouble if he did.

“I LOVE YOU SIWON!” With that I rushed out the door to find my beloved Hyukkie.

 

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE

 

Thank you all for waiting =3 Here is my update xD Now I have to go get ready for clubbing tonight hehehe xD Never knew I could finish this before I had to leave =3 Thank you for being patient ^^