Round 4

Personal Differences

 

Jessica stormed up the stairs and pushed the first door she saw open. She entered the dark, vacant room and sat down angrily on the luxurious couch that was in the room. Seconds later, the door was flung open and she looked up to see Yul standing at the door. The light shone in from behind him highlighting his manly silhouette.

 

He closed the door and stepped towards her.

 

“Let me explain, I—”

 

SLAP.

 

He was cut off in mid-sentence by a resounding slap on his cheek.

 

“OWW!” groaned Yul, rubbing his cheek.

 

“Scumbag,” Jessica muttered under her breath.

 

“What did you say?”

 

“Scumbag,” said Jessica a little louder, seething with anger.

 

“I’m not a scumbag.”

 

“SCUMBAG!” yelled Jessica furiously, raising her hand to slap him again.

 

This time, he caught her raised hand by the wrist and pushed her against the wall, pinning her wrist to it.

 

“I AM NOT A SCUMBAG,” Yul emphasized on each word while looking straight into her flaming eyes.

 

“You are. I saw you and her with my own eyes! Who are you trying to kid? You’re supposed to be my boyfriend and there you are, getting it on with my mortal enemy. Are you trying to destroy me?”

 

“I was not getting it on with her. If you would have stayed a second longer, you would have seen me push her away. If you would calm down, you would also have noticed that it was her who had her arms around me and not the other way round.”

 

“You guys always have so many excuses for yourself. It’s alright! You don’t have to be my boyfriend. Go look for her, you cheap assh*le,” retorted Jessica, her eyes smoldering with anger.

 

She pushed him as hard as she could with her other hand but he caught it and pinned it against the wall effortlessly.

 

“Let me go!” shouted Jessica, feeling more and more enraged.

 

“What can I do or say to make you believe me? I am not that man that you talk about. I. AM. NOT. A. SCUMBAG!!! I’m still your boyfriend and I’m not going to look for her. I don’t even like her!”

 

“You don’t like her?” Jessica laughed in disbelief and looked at him piercingly. “Then prove it.”

 

This girl is impossible.

 

“PROVE IT!”

 

“ARGH,” Yul growled in frustration and yelled, “Fine, I’ll prove it!”

 

Jessica’s eyes widened as his lips came down hard on hers. She tried to push him away but her wrists were pinned to the wall by his hands and his body would not budge an inch. He continued to mash their lips together with his body pressed up against hers, pinning her against the wall leaving her with no room to maneuver.

 

Her eyes began to close and her body relaxed itself gradually as his lips continued to assault hers. His tongue pried her lips open and met with hers. He playfully, entering a zone that had been visited by few people. Her senses were tingling and her heartbeat was getting faster as he continued to interact with her.

 

The kiss turned into a deep and long one that had them gasping for breath. Her body arched in desire, molding perfectly to his contours. He released one arm of hers and slid his arm down to her waist, pulling her even closer to him. Her free arm slipped round his neck, pulling him closer, and deepening the kiss.

 

In the midst of their lip-locking, two pairs of eyes peered through the tiny window in the door. They squinted then widened in surprise and finally twinkled with pleasure. Amber and Suzy giggled and turned to leave. They saw Hara walking up the stairs and turned their noses up at her as they passed her by.

 

Hara scoffed at them and walked towards the door. She peered into the room and saw what Amber and Suzy had seen, only, Yul had by now, wrapped both of his arms round Jessica’s waist and Jessica, round his neck. He attacked her lips mercilessly and she moaned in pleasure as she felt his body heat emanating from him. Hara stamped her foot in anger and left in a huff.

 

Several moments later, they parted lips and gasped for breath. Jessica rested her forehead on Yul’s shoulder and closed her eyes, trying to make sense of what just happened between them.

 

I don’t know what that was but it felt damn good.

 

Yul opened his eyes and blinked in the semi-darkness.

 

Oh my gawd. WHAT HAPPENED? WHAT DID WE JUST DO?!

 

I haven’t felt that good since…

 

I’ve NEVER felt that good! Period!

 

Very slowly, they looked into each other’s eyes. Much to their consternation, both of them felt themselves blushing. They were saved by the darkness of the room, however, as neither of them could see the other person blushing. They remained in each other’s arms as their breathing gradually slowed down and heartbeats returned to regular speed. Neither of them moved. They stood still, wondering what to do next. Neither of them would admit it, but they were reluctant to break the embrace they were in. It just felt too good to them.

 

It was Jessica who moved first. Her arms slid off his neck and rested on his chest. She fiddled with the buttons on his well-pressed shirt which was now slightly crumpled from their recent activity. Then she asked a question that Yul was pondering on that very moment as well.

 

“What do we do now?”

 

With his hands still holding the small of her back, he thought about her question for a while. Then he smiled at her and said, “We finish what we are supposed to do tonight. Convince everyone here that we are the perfect couple.”

 

With that said he slipped his hand into hers, grasped it firmly and pulled her out of the room with him. As they exited the room, they saw a crowd of people hovering around down below. When the hovering people saw Yul and Jessica coming out from the room, they immediately looked away in all directions but the couple’s. Whispers broke out among the curious, gossipy crowd as Yul walked down the stairs holding Jessica’s hand. He spotted Hara amongst them and headed straight towards her.

 

Hara looked like she was on the verge of running away but she stood her ground as the couple drew nearer and nearer to her. Finally, Yul stopped in front of Hara and raised Jessica’s hand which was securely held in his.

 

“Hara, as you can see, I’m taken by the best lady in the house tonight. Please look for another man who will treat you well. I have no room for you in my heart because I have reserved it all for Jessica. So I appreciate your interest in me but I’m sorry, I will have to reject your offer. Everyone in this room tonight is my witness that I, Kwon Yul, am Jessica Jung’s man and she is my woman. Enjoy the rest of the party. We will take our leave now. Good bye.”

 

He looked at Jessica and smiled at her stunned expression. Then he held the small of her back and escorted her out of the club amidst thunderous applause and cheers.

 

~~~~~