Round 12

Personal Differences

 

Hara paced up and down in her bedroom in a rage.

 

That cocky b*tch! She doesn't deserve to be with guy like Yul.

 

I'll make him mine... Somehow...

 

I need help...

 

She made a call.

 

"Oppa..."

 

"What's up baby?"

 

"I need your help... I want a man. I want to make him mine."

 

"Sure babe. Anything for you."

 

~~~~~

 

Yul stepped out of his office tiredly. The cool night air hit his face and he took a deep breath of fresh air. He needed a quick dinner before getting back to work. It was going to be another all-nighter for him. He had barely begun walking when a man approached him for help.

 

"Excuse me. May I borrow your phone? I need to make an urgent phone call and my phone has gone completely dead."

 

"Sure."

 

Yul passed the man his phone.

 

"Hey babe. I'll see you in an hour."

 

The man paused and listened.

 

"Yeah, no problem. You can count on me."

 

The man then turned back to Yul and returned his phone. 

 

"Hey, thanks."

 

"You're welcome."

 

"By the way, do you know a good place to eat around here?"

 

"I'm actually going to eat too. You can go to the same place if you want."

 

"Oh, that's great. I'll join you if you don't mind. I just need a quick meal."

 

"Sure."

 

The two men chatted randomly about their jobs and other stuff that men talk about.

 

"So... Got a girl in your life?" The man asked casually.

 

"Yeah."

 

"Good for you."

 

"Thanks."

 

"I've got a girl I like but it's not really working out right now."

 

Yul raised an eyebrow at him.

 

"She just asked me to help her get a guy."

 

"I'm sorry, that must hurt."

 

"It does. But what's worse is this—the guy she wants isn't single."

 

"Why are you helping her then?" 

 

"I like her. I'll do anything for her."

 

"But are you really helping her?"

 

The man shrugged.

 

"Do you love your woman?"

 

"I'm seeing new sides of her every time I meet her. Sometimes she's sweet and nice. Sometimes she just gets on my nerves. She drives me nuts."

 

The man chuckled.

 

"That's the best statement of love I've ever heard."

 

Yul looked at him seriously. 

 

"I urge you to reconsider helping your friend. If that man isn't single, he's probably in love with another woman. Your friend won't be happy with him either."

 

The man sighed.

 

Yul patted him on his shoulder, comforting him.

 

They arrived at the restaurant just then. They ordered and finished their food in no time.

 

"Let me buy you a drink. You've been a great help." The man stood up. 

 

"I appreciate it but—"

 

"No buts. I'm buying you a drink."

 

The man headed to the bar. He came back shortly with two drinks in his hands. 

 

"Cheers man."

 

Yul took the drink and drank it politely.

 

"Thanks for the drink."

 

"See you around."

 

Yul stepped out of the restaurant feeling a little light-headed. He stumbled a little on the steps and the man grabbed his arm to hold him steady.

 

"Are you okay?"

 

Yul shook his head, trying to clear it but it seemed to make it worse. The man held onto him, holding him up. His vision blurred and he had to lean on the man for support. The man gripped him and led him to a car. He was pushed into the car where he slumped across the backseat.  The man got into the driver's seat and buckled up. He looked at Yul for a moment, a look of hesitation flashing across his face for a split second. Then he sighed and started the engine.

 

"I'm sorry dude. You're nice but I'm not and neither is she."

 

~~~~~

 

Hara paced up and down, waiting impatiently. She turned and faced the door when she heard it opening.

 

"Donghae! You said you'll be here in an hour but it's been one and a half! What took you so long?"

 

The man grunted and hauled Yul's limp body to the bed, leaving him sprawled across it. He turned to Hara with an exasperated look.

 

"I had to find a way to spike a drink and get him to drink it without him suspecting anything. Then I had to haul him all the way up here. Besides, I got him here didn't I?"

 

"Fine. You're right. You got him here. That's what is important."

 

"So I'll leave you with the love of your life now."

 

Donghae turned to leave the room dejectedly. He stopped in his tracks when he heard her laugh.

 

"Love of my life? Hahaha... More like the love of my enemy's life."

 

Donghae froze.

 

Her enemy? She's not in love with this guy?

 

"You don't love him?"

 

"Of course not. Why would I?"

 

"Then, why do this?!"

 

"Because I hate Jessica." Hara stated matter-of-factly.

 

Donghae gaped in disbelief.

 

You never liked me.

 

You... never... liked... me...

 

His shoulders slumped in defeat. Yul was right. Hara wasn't going to be happy. With a heart as dark as hers... she never would.

 

Hara shooed him out of the room.

 

"I've got a man to claim."

 

Donghae turned to see the door slam in his face. His heart turned cold in that instant.

 

Hara... I'm not going to let you break another couple up this time.

 

He fished his phone out from his pocket and made a call.

 

~~~~~

 

Jessica was in her bed, reading a book when her phone buzzed.

 

"Donghae?! What does that jerk want?" She questioned her phone which simply buzzed again in her hand.

 

She rejected the call and lay back on her stacked up pillows. Her phone buzzed again almost immediately.

 

"What do you want?" Jessica all but yelled at him.

 

"You're about to lose your man Sica. Hara's got him with her now. Get yourself to the Ritz. Room 909. I'm sorry Sica, for hurting you. I really am."

 

And just like that... the call ended.

 

Jessica sat up straight in her bed blinking in confusion.

 

What did Donghae just say???

 

My man?

 

Yul?

 

Hara?

 

"SH*T!"

 

She leapt off her bed and hit the ground running. She didn't care about the fact that she was dressed only in her nightgown. All she could think about was Yul in a room all alone with Hara. She yelled for her driver and they sped towards the Ritz, the most expensive hotel in town.

 

She dragged her driver up to the ninth level with her.

 

"Knock and say room service. Quick."

 

Her driver nodded and did as she said.

 

~~~~~

 

Hara smirked as she dimmed the lights. Donghae had done his job. Now... he was in her hands. The smirking girl set a camera up on a tripod, grinning evilly at the thought of how broken Jessica would be after seeing pictures of Yul in bed with her mortal enemy. 

 

She took off her jacket, revealing a skimpy nightgown underneath. She sat on the bed, admiring his handsome features. Jessica was such a lucky b*tch. She had everything and she didn’t even have to work for it. She had the looks, figure, brains and a rich and powerful family. She even had a man like Yul. Tall, dark and handsome... totally in love with her, defending her the way he did at that grand opening had made her even more jealous of Jessica.

 

All her life, she had to live in Jessica's shadow because Jessica's dad had helped her father through a financial crisis. Her entire family was indebted to the Jungs and she hated it. She absolutely hated seeing her father kowtowing to the Jungs. Why couldn't she have whatever Jessica had?

 

She had seduced and made all of Jessica's boyfriends cheat on Jessica with her. Yul however... wasn't the same. He didn't fall for her charms and tricks. She had to resort to this but it didn't matter. Yul was about to fall and Jessica would have her heart broken again.

 

She ed his shirt and removed it. She couldn't help but stare at his abs and run her fingers across them. His belt was unbuckled and his work pants hit the floor. Just then, she heard a knock on the door.

 

"Room service."

 

She got up and opened the door slightly. A man was standing at the door.

 

"I didn't ask for room service. Go away."

 

"Over my priceless, untouchable body."

 

Hara's eyes opened wide in terror as she recognized the ice-cold, steely voice. Her eyes reaffirmed what her ears had heard. Jessica Jung stepped out from behind her driver and stood in front of Hara, shooting dangerous sparks from her eyes.

 

~~~~~

 

Jessica Jung.

 

Hara’s mouth opened and mouthed the words but no sound was heard. She tried to slam the door shut but Jessica’s driver was faster. He pushed the door open with strength that she could not match. Jessica stepped into the room and saw Yul lying on the bed unconscious and undressed. She turned and stared down Hara with a look that could freeze hell over. Hara whimpered in fear and inched away from Jessica. After a few steps back, she found herself backed up against a wall with nowhere to run.

 

To her horror, she saw Jessica’s hand raising and swinging towards her. The force of the slap was overpowering and tears sprang to her eyes in an instant.

 

~~~~~

 

Jessica’s hand stung from the slap she gave Hara but she was beyond caring about the pain. A squeal of pain escaped from Hara’s lips as the older girl grabbed a fistful of her long black hair and yanked it down roughly, locking her head in place.

 

“If you dare to lay even a finger on Yul or even think about hurting us again, I’ll destroy you and your entire family. You know I can.” Jessica whispered menacingly into Hara’s ear.

 

Hara’s tears were falling at an alarming rate but it did not move Jessica.

 

“Get out of my sight.” She all but growled.

 

The younger girl ran out of the room as fast as her wobbly legs could carry her, clutching her red and swollen cheek which had a faint handprint forming on it.

 

Jessica turned to her driver and smiled. “Thanks ajusshi. We’ll have to bring Yul back.”

 

She walked to Yul and looked at him. She felt sorry for him. She was the target but he ended up the victim. Looking at him at this stage of undress however, had an effect on her. She found him alluring and attractive and her fingers danced across his abs as though they had a mind of their own. Shaking her head to herself, she bent down to pick his clothes up.

 

She tried to get his shirt back on him but he was too heavy. Beckoning her driver to help, they put his clothes back on before bringing him to the car. As the driver heaved Yul onto the backseat, Jessica looked at Hara’s camera angrily as she removed the memory card from its slot, slipping it into her pocket.

 

The thought of what Hara had wanted to do enraged her to no end. So she threw the camera with all her might and it smashed onto the floor; shattering it into pieces. Then she got onto the car and it drove over the camera, damaging it beyond repair as they left the building.

 

Yul was slumped uncomfortably against the car door in the backseat. Jessica looked at him and found herself propping him against her shoulder, where his head rested on. She decided to bring him back to her room since they couldn’t find anything on him except for his wallet which didn’t help things much.

 

Her driver heaved Yul into her room and laid him on the bed.

 

“Thanks, ajusshi”

 

Her driver bowed and left the room, leaving her alone with Yul.

 

She sat on the bed, next to him and looked at him sleeping soundly. She had no idea how long the drug would last on him so there was nothing she could do but wait. She noticed the beads of perspiration that had formed on his forehead and face.

 

Is it too hot in here or is it the drug acting up?

 

She got up and got a towel to wipe his sweat with. She dried his forehead and face gently, moving down to his neck and stopped hesitantly at his collar.

 

Oh what the heck, I’ve seen it all at the hotel anyway…

 

With that thought, she ed his shirt and wiped his body dry of sweat as well. His well-toned chest called out to her and her fingers seemed to have a mind of their own again. She allowed her fingers to touch his chest and run across his abs as her eyes took in the mesmerizing sight before him. She lay down on her side as she admired his body.

 

Perfection... Yul is perfect.

 

She lost track of how long she had been staring at his body. Her eyes grew heavy and soon she was fast asleep, right beside him.

 

~~~~~

 

The morning sun’s rays hit Yul’s eyes like arrows, piercing through his eyelids and entering his pupils, allowing some part of his brain to register that it was now morning. He could barely open his eyes—his eye lids were so heavy. He couldn’t quite recognize where he was and his drugged mind was still groggy and dreamy.

 

He felt a hand move on his chest and he looked down at it. A dainty hand rested comfortably on his chest. That hand belonged to Jessica.

 

He blinked but his vision was still a little blurred. It was Jessica nonetheless, he was sure of it.

 

Am I dreaming?

 

He rolled on his side, covering the little distance between them and cupped her face with his hand.

 

She is so soft.

 

His breath blew down on her hair and the few strands of it flapped up and down as he breathed. He looked at her serene face and smiled.

 

She’s so beautiful.

 

Needing an outlet to express his feelings, he found himself pressing his lips against her forehead…her nose…and her cheeks.

 

He paused, looking at her lips. He brushed his thumb over them and they parted slightly as though inviting him in. So he accepted. His lips descended upon hers and he nuzzled her. The way her soft lips melded with his, sent arousing sensations blazing through his body and mind. His hand found the small of her back and pulled him closer to him, meshing her soft contours with his hard muscles.

 

Jessica’s eyes flickered open and she was startled to find Yul’s face in hers and his lips nuzzling hers tenderly. She put her hands on his chest, attempting to push him away but he did not even budge. If anything, that move of hers had sent his temperature sky rocketing as her cool palms met his heated chest.

 

She blinked in confusion before she found herself melting into his kiss as well. She could feel every inch of his body on hers and it sent shivers of pleasure down her spine. Her eyes closed gradually and she kissed him back.

 

Their kiss grew in passion and heatedness as their tongues joined in, at first hesitantly, before gathering momentum and becoming a playful, seductive exchange. Jessica raked her hands through his hair, pulling him in to deepen the kiss. She moaned as he pulled away and began planting a trail of blazing hot kisses down her face and stopping at her neck. She threw her head back, allowing him more room to explore with.

 

Her mind was going into overdrive from the sheer seductiveness of what they were doing. Her hands found their way under his ed shirt and raked her nails down his back.

 

The slight pain jolted him to his senses a little and he pulled back from her neck, wondering what was going on.

 

This… isn’t… a… drea—

 

Jessica whined, effectively throwing whatever thoughts he had out the window.

 

“Yul… Kiss…me…” her ragged breathing caught in as his lips landed on her neck again. She cupped his face and kissed him again even deeper than before. His hands found the fallen straps of her nightgown and tugged on them, pulling them down to her waist. He kissed his way down to the valley of her chest.

 

“Oh… Yul…” she moaned and bit on her lower lip as his lips engulfed her sensitive tip. Her back arched, pushing herself towards his mouth and he responded by unleashing his tongue on her.

 

“Oh my gawd…” she was about to lose her mind from the sheer pleasure of it all. She wrapped her hands round his head, pressing his head down on herself, wanting more.

 

Oh my gawd. Her sounds are so sweet.

 

Moan for me… Oh yes…

 

You drive me nuts.

 

You drive me nuts. Those words reminded him of the night before and he was jolted out of his drugged, groggy state. He was shocked by what he was doing and stopped all his actions abruptly.

 

“Yul?” Her big brown molten chocolate eyes looked at his, coated in desire. Her small hand tugged at his shirt, wanting him to continue, which almost made Yul lose control over himself again.

 

He shook his head to clear it.

 

“Jessica… What are we doing?”

 

“Making out?”

 

Yul laughed. He didn’t know why he found her answer so cute and adorable. She could be endearingly straightforward at times, at other times just plain irritating.

 

“What I meant was… Should we be doing this?”

 

Jessica sighed as she slipped out of her feverish aroused state upon hearing his all too familiar morally upright tone in his voice.

 

“We’re both adults and we’re both feeling it, very obviously. I don’t see a problem with this.”

 

“This isn’t something we should be doing if we aren’t committed to each other.”

 

“Let’s be committed then,” came her easy reply.

 

Yul looked at her silently; obviously unhappy with how casual she was about this.

 

“Jessica… I’m being serious here.”

 

“So am I.”

 

“No you’re not. Do you even know what you’re saying?

 

“I said, let’s be committed.”

 

Yul shook his head disapprovingly.

 

“How can you say it so easily? Do you even like me?”

 

Jessica laughed out loud while Yul looked at her incredulously.

 

“Yul… I’m lying in bed topless and talking to you. Just a minute ago, I was still clutching your head to my s and you’re asking me if I like you?”

 

Yul looked at her and realized that she was indeed topless and lying in bed in a most alluring manner. He blushed and gulped as he felt a jolt in his lower torso. His eyes squeezed shut and he gestured for her to put her nightgown back on properly.

 

She sighed but followed his instructions. “You can open your eyes now.”

 

He opened his eyes and saw that she somehow managed to look just as alluring as before even with her clothes back on. Calling on every last ounce of self-restraint and control, he refocused his mind on the matter at hand.

 

“Jessica… Please don’t make promises you can’t keep. Being committed isn’t a walk in the park.”

 

The brunette bristled at his remark and her eyes danced dangerously.

 

“I know fully well what being committed means. I may be spoilt, selfish and evil even but that doesn’t mean I don’t keep to my words.”

 

She glared at him, tilting her chin to look at him.

 

“What about you? Do you like me? If you have no wish to be committed at all, I don’t see why we need to continue with this silly argument.”

 

Yul was silent for a while.

 

“Jessica, I won’t deny it. I do like you.”

 

The brunette sat up straight in surprise. He continued to talk, looking steadily into her eyes.

 

“I don’t know when… I don’t know how… But right now, I like you. Being committed to me is something serious. If we’re committed, we won’t be breaking up at the end of these three months. We may even get married one day.”

 

Jessica almost laughed.

 

“Aren’t we getting a little ahead of ourselves here? Marriage? I don’t even know if I’ll still be alive tomorrow. For all you know, Hara might just kill me in the next minute.”

 

Yul sighed.

 

“See? Our personal differences are just too great.”

 

“Oh, come on… Don’t give me the bull on psychological crap. Personal differences? There are no two exact same people in this world. Every pair will have their personal differences.”

 

Yul remained silent—his eyes unsure.

 

“Look. I’m not taking this lightly. I just don’t think we need to worry about marriage right now. But that doesn’t mean I see this as a fling either.”

 

“Are you serious about being my girlfriend?”

 

Jessica nodded.

 

“Yes,” she said it simply but deep down, her molten hot emotions were threatening to erupt at any moment.

 

Yul took a deep breath and cleared his throat awkwardly. Then the most boyish and happy grin broke across his face, a far cry from his usual rugged and serious look.

 

A giggled erupted from Jessica.

 

Oh my gawd. He’s so adorable.

 

He took her hand in his.

 

Gosh, her hand is so small…

 

“You’re my girlfriend,” he said it out loud, as though trying to convince himself of this new development.

 

Jessica couldn’t help but to smile sweetly at his words. She blushed and looked at her hand in his.

 

“Yeah, I’m your girlfriend.”

 

~~~~~

 

Yul held her hand as they walked down the stairs to get some breakfast. Jessica squeezed his hand lightly, enjoying the feel of his big manly hand wrapped around her small, dainty hand. Everything seemed so new and fresh. Not to mention, exciting. She hadn’t been this excited about anything…ever.

 

The very idea of being with Yul for real was really amazing. She thought about how disgusted she was with him on their very first meeting. Never in her life would she have imagined that she’d fall for a man like Yul—so prim…so proper…so perfect.

 

Surely he can’t be this perfect?

 

She was kind of resigned to the fact that he probably wouldn’t be too exciting to be with. An upright man is a predictable man. However, to his credit, he had surprised her on a few occasions—that kiss and declaration of ‘love’ at the grand opening, the way he handled her father and the couple of times that he had brought her out were all pleasant surprises.

 

All in all… Perhaps he wasn’t’ that boring after all. Perhaps being morally upright had its perks. She wouldn’t have to worry about him cheating on her. Heck, Hara had to resort to such extreme means to get him. That said a lot.

 

She hadn’t been in a relationship in the past year precisely because she was tired of being cheated on. All she wanted was a man who wasn’t like her father but somehow, all her boyfriends would end up cheating on her—just like her dad did to her mum. She couldn’t understand it…just how unlucky could she be with men?

 

“Samchon… I know it’s late but we’d love to have your delicious breakfast. Will you please?”

 

Jessica unleashed some awesome aegyo on her chef that stunned Yul. He looked at her as though she were an alien—something out of this world.

 

She noticed how stunned he was and giggled.

 

“I’m very close to samchon. He’s been our chef ever since I could remember. He’s like a father to me.”

 

“I didn’t know that you had that much cuteness in you.”

 

“There’s a lot about me that you don’t know.” She stuck her tongue out at him cheekily.

 

“Sooyeon ah… Don’t be rude to our guest.”

 

“Samchon, he’s not a guest. He’s my boyfriend so I can do whatever I want to him.”

 

Jessica grinned cheekily and laughed when her chef affectionately whacked her head with his spatula.

 

“Samchon! That hurt!” She pouted.

 

“It didn’t and you know it,” the chef replied with a twinkle in his eye.

 

Yul sat back, enjoying this bantering between Jessica and her chef. It was nice to see her acting like a normal girl who wasn’t spoilt by her parents and burdened with all her troubles. She was right. There were lots of things about her that he didn’t know. He was determined to change that. But for now…there was something he wanted to know.

 

“Jessica…”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“How did I end up in your room?”

 

“Oh, that…”

 

Jessica’s eyes flashed in anger.

 

“Hara tried to set you up last night. She somehow got you drugged and was probably planning to take some pictures of you and her in bed to break us up.”

 

Yul frowned.

 

“The last thing I remember was having dinner with this random guy who asked to borrow my phone. He bought me a drink and I out after that.”

 

Jessica looked at Yul. Her quick mind snapped the pieces of the puzzle together in a flash.

 

“Hara must have gotten Donghae to help her. I was wondering how Donghae knew exactly where you and Hara were.”

 

She described Donghae to Yul.

 

“Is that the man you had dinner with?”

 

Yul nodded. “Sounds like him.”

 

Jessica sighed and frowned.

 

Yul reached for her hands and held them in his. “It’s alright now. Hara didn’t succeed in her plan and here we are waiting for breakfast to be served. All’s well.”

 

Jessica shook her head.

 

“Hara is a little insane. I don’t even know why she hates me so much. She’s never been afraid to show me how much she hates me. She might try something else in the future.”

 

She looked at Yul’s eyes steadily and continued.

 

“And there’s one more thing. Donghae… He was the last boyfriend I had since a year ago. Just like all my other boyfriends, he cheated on me and dumped me. I don’t understand why he would help Hara and yet call me to tell me where you were.”

 

“Maybe he has come to his senses.”

 

Yul’s thumb rubbed hypnotic circles on her hand as he spoke.

 

“He told me that he liked the girl he was trying to help. That girl must be Hara. He likes Hara. That poor guy…”

 

“Donghae is a jerk.”

 

Yul shook his head lightly. “No, he’s not. He’s just lost and confused. He’ll find his way one day.”

 

Jessica looked at him in disbelief.

 

“I can’t believe you’re defending the guy who drugged you and almost got you into a ton of trouble.”

 

Yul shrugged. “We talked over dinner. He’s not that mean actually. Besides…didn’t he call you in the end?”

 

Her eyes softened. “I guess so. Maybe you’re right…”

 

“Sorry to interrupt you two love birds here but I’ve got breakfast to serve.”

 

Jessica grinned and cheered for the chef.

 

“Samchon jjang!”

 

Yul couldn’t help but to laugh.

 

She’s so cute!

 

~~~~~

 

Yoong bent over Sunny, looking at her sleep. They had just spent the entire night discussing plans for the opening. She had fallen asleep on the mess of documents that were all over the table.

 

Sunny… Sunny… Why does my heart beat so fast for you?

 

He covered her with his jacket and kissed her forehead gently before heading into the bathroom for a bath. Taeng was nowhere to be found and he didn’t want to know where that crazy peas-loving man had gone to. In his opinion, the further away Taeng was from him…the better.

 

He stepped out of the bathroom moments later with dripping wet hair and a towel wrapped around his waist. He walked out to check on Sunny. One of his feet lost its grip and he slipped, falling onto the floor with a loud thud and a groan. He was sprawled on the floor when Sunny woke up with a start.

 

“What in the world?”

 

She stared at him.

 

“What are you doing on the floor?”

 

“I fell.”

 

Sunny walked to her and held her hand out. He took it and she tried to pull him up but his wet foot slipped again and this time, Sunny was dragged down with him. She groaned into his chest and hoisted herself up with her arms. Unknown to her, her thigh was actually rubbing against him as she tried to get up. That led to him ‘getting up’ as well but of course in a totally different way.

 

She felt it and looked down.

 

“Oh my gawd. Yoong. Get a grip on yourself.”

 

“Hey, you’re the one rubbing your thigh against me.”

 

Sunny looked again.

 

“Oh…er…sorry about that.”

 

“I’m going to need another cold shower now.” Yoong grumbled under his breath.

 

Sunny giggled. “I heard that.”

 

“It’s not funny. I’m in a lot of pain here.”

 

“Alright, I get it. It’s not funny. I’m sorry.”

 

Yoong picked himself off of the floor and headed back to the bathroom to take another cold shower.

 

Sunny sat on the couch and yawned widely. His jacket was still on her shoulders. She smiled.

 

Yoong is really nice sometimes.

 

She tapped her nose thoughtfully. What would she do if Yoong really had feelings for her? She had to admit that she did find him attractive. It would be impossible not to. His impish good looks and charismatic personality were huge magnets to ladies. She wasn’t immune to it. She was however, a good player and when it came to players, she had no problems detaching herself from the whole experience. If he wasn’t playing however…

 

She shook her head.

 

I don’t think I’m the exception. Once he gets me, I’ll just be another girl…right?

 

~~~~~

 

Taeng had taken his peas out for a walk. It was a fabulous morning and he woke up bright and early. Seeing Yoong and Sunny fast asleep on table, he decided to take his peas out so that he wouldn’t disturb them. He walked to the luscious and colourful garden and found a nice shady spot under a tree. He took his peas out happily and started another conversation with them.

 

“Do you think Tiffany will kiss me again?”

 

Happy replied, “Maybe.”

 

Happier replied, “I think so…”

 

Happiest replied, “I’m sure she will!”

 

Taeng laughed happily.

 

“Peas… I hope you’re right!”

 

~~~~~

 

Tiffany was out for a morning jog before starting work when she saw Taeng sitting under a tree with something green in his hands. He looked like he was talking to it and laughing to himself. Feeling curious, she jogged to him and stopped in front of him.

 

He saw the pair of pink jogging shoes that were right in front of him and looked up. It was Tiffany. Startled, he stood up and hid his peas behind his back. Tiffany put her hand out and looked at him curiously.

 

“Can I see it?”

 

Taeng shook his head vigorously. “No you can’t.”

 

Tiffany’s eyes flashed mischievously. “Let me see it or else…”

 

Taeng’s eyes widened nervously. “Or else?” He squeaked.

 

~~~~~