The Picnic

I Want You Back [Short Story]

After driving to my house so I could change, and then to the Big Bang dorms so the members could change, we were finally on our way to the Han River. When we parked the car, I could see a whole bunch of YG people laughing and playing around. The Hi-Tech boys were tossing around frisbees and footballs. The Crazy girls were sitting together in little circles laughing. Staff members were eating and chatting together. I could see YG and Eun Joo with their children.

 

Teddy, Sean, Jinu, PSY, and Tablo were all around the grills chatting and cooking the hotdogs and hamburgers. Gummy, 2ne1, Yoo In Na, Goo Hye Sun, Jung Hye Young, and Kang Hye Jung all sat together laughing at something. Se7en and Han Byul were by the ice cream, chatting about something and laughing every now and then.

 

And of course who could miss Eun Ae and Jiyong snuggled up together on a bench talking. I pushed aside my jealousy and stepped out of the car. Seungri, Youngbae, Daesung, and Seunghyun joined me and we all walked together towards the large group.

 

When we came with in sight of everyone else, they all smiled greeting towards us. Eun Ae sent us an unamused glance, while Jiyong looked over at us with something that looking like longing. He must've missed hanging out with all of us.

 

“Min~” Park Bom called out. “You look so cute~” I quickly glanced down at my outfit, and smiled shyly.

 

“Thank you unni..”

 

“Come join us, Min Ah,” Gummy said. “The girls all have a question for you.” I frowned but came over anyway, leaving the boys to go off with the others.

 

“Well, the 2ne1 girls have a question for you,” Yoo In Na added in. I looked over at the 2ne1 members. They all looked at each other, trying to figure out who to ask.

 

“Min Ah,” Dara started. “We want to know if you're dating Seungri-ssi.”

 

“Eh?! Aniyo...” I answered quickly, waving my hands in front of me. “We're just friends...”

 

“Oh...then, Youngbae?” Minzy asked. I shook my head.

 

“Daesung?” Bom asked. I shook my head again.

 

“T.O.P” CL asked this time. Once again I shook my head.

 

“None of them,” I said. Gummy put her hands on my shoulders from behind.

 

“You girls have your answers, now let Min Ah go have some fun.” Gummy gave me a sweet smile and I giggled awkwardly before making my way over to wear the older guys stood for some food. Tablo greeted me first.

 

“Ay~ Min Ah, how's it going?”

 

“I'm good~ I see you're cooking some burgers over here.”

 

“Why yes, yes I am. Would you care for one?”

 

“Why I would love one.” Tablo and I always acted like goof balls. That's one of the reasons why we got along so well. Tablo smiled and then grabbed a paper plate and a hamburger bun for me.

 

“I have one just about ready, so you can have that one.”

 

“Thank you~”

 

“I have a quick question though,” Tablo whispered. Oh boy... “How long do you think they'll last? Eun Ae and Jiyong?” Not what I was expecting...

 

I don't know. Why?”

 

Tablo put the hamburger patty on the bun and handed me the plate. “She's really rude. And demanding. She came over for a hot dog and when she found out none of them were non-fat, she made Jinu go buy some.”

 

Well, that's Eun Ae for ya...”

 

And what's up with you and Jiyong? You two are usually attached by the hip.” I rolled my eyes.

 

We're not really seeing eye-to-eye at the moment.” The older man sighed

 

That boy doesn't know what he's missing.” Tablo said, flipping some patties on the grill.

 

Wait what?”

 

Min Ah...everyone knows you like Jiyong.” That was like a splash of cold water in the face. “We've all been secretly rooting for you two to get together for a long long time. Now go eat, you look skinnier.” With that Tablo softly pushed a dazed me towards where the other Big Bang members were waving me down. I walked over slowly.

 

Min Ah~” Daesung said making room for me next to him. “What's wrong?”

 

Does everyone know about my crush on Jiyong?” I whispered urgently. The others had to lean forward to hear what I said. Youngbae and Seunghyun exchanged looks and Seungri nodded slowly. I ran my hands through my hair. “Seriously?”

 

Min Ah,” Youngbae said. “It's not that bad. Everyone thinks it's really cute.”

 

It's not cute! It's embarrassing!” I said cover my face. The boys chuckled and Daesung patted my back supportingly. What am I going to do now?! If everyone else realized it, does that mean Jiyong did too?

 

Jiyong P.O.V

 

As I waited for Se7en and Han Byul to scoop Eun Ae's ice cream, my eyes wandered the crowds. Everyone was having a good time, laughing, playing around. It was good to have a break. But then my eyes landed on her. Min Ah.

 

I missed her. I still don't believe her about Eun Ae using me. But I'm not mad anymore. Min Ah sat with the other members, and they were all laughing at some joke Daesung was telling. Min pushed her half eaten hamburger away, which was strange, because usually Min's appetite was like a man's. She never left anything on her plates.

 

Youngbae seemed to notice too. He leaned forward and asked her something. Min nodded and said something back. Then Youngbae stood up, and started making his way over to wear I stood. He must've asked her if she wanted ice cream. Youngbae came to stand next to me.

 

Youngbae~” Han Byul greeted. “What favors do you want?”

 

Hmm, Chocolate for me, Daesung, and Seungri. Vanilla for T.O.P and Mango for Min Ah please.”

 

Han Byul nodded, “Coming right up!”

 

Hey, Ji.” Youngbae said.

 

Hey,” I replied back awkwardly. Youngbae's mouth quirked slightly.

 

How've you been? You and Eun Ae doing good?”

 

I've been good...yeah we're all good.”

 

Mango and Strawberry, for you and Eun Ae,” Se7en said suddenly, placing two bowls in front of me. I smiled my thanks and nodded goodbye towards Youngbae. I walked back to my bench with Eun Ae, and gave her a smile, which she returned.

 

Here you go~” I said handing her her ice cream bowl. She took a bite and almost immediately spit it out.

 

What flavor is this?!”

 

“Mango...” I frowned at her reaction.

 

“I hate mango! Go get me a new flavor!!”

 

“But Min always said mango was a good flavor...”

 

“Am I Min Ah?! No, I'm not! Just go get me a new flavor.” Eun Ae placed the bowl on the bench beside her and crossed her arms. I placed my bowl down next to her's and went back towards Se7en. Maybe she's PMS-ing or something.

 

Min Ah P.O.V

 

Youngbae came back with our ice cream and set my favorite flavor, Mango, in front of me. I smiled and dug in, smiling contently at the sweet taste.

 

'Thanks Youngbae,” I replied.

 

No problem~” He smiled back. Then he gaze traveled over my shoulder. “Uh oh...”

 

What?” I turned around and saw a very pissed off looking Eun Ae walk towards us. Jiyong, who was back at the ice cream station, looked on confused. When Eun Ae stood in front of me, I stood up and met her eyes levelly.

 

Min Ah~” Eun Ae said with fake happiness. “Jiyong, seems to have brought me the wrong ice cream flavor.” I looked down at her hands, she was stirring her ice cream around, and thanks to the warm weather, it was now starting to look more like gooey orange liquid. “I didn't want it to go to waste, so I brought it over for you.” Suddenly Eun Ae dumped the gooey substance onto my head.

 

People were all looking at us shocked. The Big Bang members had stood up and looked on shocked, not knowing what to do. Even Jiyong stood frozen at the ice cream station. But none of this bothered Eun Ae, she didn't seem to care anymore.

 

You've got Ji, wrapped around your finger, and both of you are too dumb to realize it. It's almost sickening how much he talks about you. Even when he was mad, all that ever came out of his mouth was your name!

 

So I guess, this mango ice cream shows how you've been etched into his brain. How does it taste, Min Ah? To know that you've got the guy, you've had him all this time.”

 

I couldn't reply, I was too shocked. Mango dripped from my hair onto my clothes. Eun Ae suddenly raised her hand...she was going to slap me.

 

I asked you a question!” Eun Ae's hand came down on my cheek and I felt the stinging sensation on my face. A few people cried out and someone behind me stepped forward, but stopped. Eun Ae raised her hand again. “Answer me!!” Her hand started down. I closed my eyes, but never felt the impact.

 

Opening my eyes slowly, I was even more shocked by what I saw. Jiyong was holding Eun Ae's arm back, and glaring her down.

 

Eun Ae, stop.” He said firmly. “Are you insane?!” Eun Ae tried to answer, but Jiyong through her arm down and then grabbed my hand. I looked at him shocked. “Come on Min. And Eun Ae, I don't want to ever see you again.” With that, Jiyong pulled me away towards the parking lot. Everyone watched on in relief. Eun Ae was finally done with.

 

At Jiyong's car, he led me to the passenger seat, and then looked at me softly before opening the passenger door. When I just stood there, he looked at me funnily.

 

Are you not gonna get in?”

 

I don't want to get the seat sticky,” I replied automatically. Jiyong chuckled.

 

I could care less about the car seat right now.” I sighed and then climbed in. He closed the door behind me and then climbed into the driver's seat before driving off. The drive to my house, seemed incredibly short. And even thought, I didn't invite him kin, Jiyong came walking into my house with me.

 

I'll sit on the couch while you get cleaned up.” Jiyong said. I nodded and stood there awkwardly. And Jiyong and I were never awkward.

 

Ah..okay...”I shuffled into my room and I was gathering new clothes, I heard the TV go on. Then I shuffled over the bathroom and closed the door behind me. Once I was sure the door was closed, I stomped my feet on the bathroom door. Why in the world, am I being so awkward?!

 

When I finally calmed down, I the water, quickly, undressed, and climbed in. Since I had already taken a shower this morning, and this shower was only to watch the sticky ice cream off me, it was a fairly quick shower.

 

When I finished, I quickly redressed in sweat shorts and an oversized t-shirt. My hair, which was a little towel dried, was now in a messing, watery bun on the top of my head. I turned off the bathroom lights and then joined Jiyong on the couch. He didn't look up until I found a comfortable spot on the couch.

 

Jiyong studied my face and I squirmed uncomfortably. “What?” I asked. “ Why are you looking at my like that?” Instead of answering, he reached forward and brushed his fingers against my cheek– the cheek Eun Ae slapped.

 

Mianhe...I should've listened to you.”

 

You don't need to apologize. We all make mistakes.” I replied softly.

 

No. You should hear this. Min..I was a horrible friend. You deserve a better friend.” Jiyong dropped his hand. “But I..well for a while...it's just took me this long to realize it...aish!”

 

'What's wrong?”

 

I'm just going to spit it out, okay?” Jiyong said. I frowned but nodded. “Min, I love you. And I don't want this to ruin our friendship, especially your relationship with Youngbae.” When the words 'I love you' left his mouth I froze. But when he finished his sentence I ended up laughing. I couldn't help it.

 

Jiyong looked at me oddly. Shocked my reaction, most likely. “Ji,” I said. “I don't like Youngbae. Well not like that at least. We're just friends.”

 

Really? But he's so nice to you, and then that time at the dance studio when you guys were giving each other looks when I was talking to you. And then today, when he offered to get your ice cream. I just thought...” I shook my head.

 

Then Seungri?” I looked at him shocked. “The arm around your shoulder when Eun Ae and I came back from the bathroom. The piggy back ride he gave you today?” I smiled and shook my head.

 

It's you Ji.” His breath caught. “ It's always been you. Ever since high school you've been the only one.”

 

Wait what? That long?!” He looked at me surprised. I could almost see the wheels in his head turning, trying to think back to see if I left any hints.

 

Why didn't you tell me?”

 

You were focusing on your debut. And you had other girlfriends. Girlfriends I couldn't compete against.”

 

Ji shook his head. “You're more beautiful then any of those other girls.” I smiled softly. “It's a miracle you didn't give up.”

 

I almost did this time.”

 

And I'm glad you didn't.” Jiyong leaned in slightly, but it was enough to get my heartbeat to quicken.

 

So...where does this leave us?” I asked softly.

 

Well where do you want us to be?” Closer. I swallowed. His head tilted a little.

 

Uh...I don't know..”

 

Really?” Jiyong asked, not believing me. He closed the distance between us, and pressed his lips to min in a sweet kiss. It grew slightly hotter, and didn't end until I moaned slightly. I pulled away from the kiss and blushed. Jiyong smirked and blushed a wet strand of hair from my face.

 

I just took your first kiss, didn't I?” Jiyong said smugly.

 

I laughed awkwardly, “...Um...first kiss in a while actually..” Jiyong frowned.

 

Who was your first kiss?” His voice was almost demanding.

 

Uh...you remember Jang Myun Su?”

 

The guy who had that obsessive crush over you? He was your first kiss?!” Jiyong looked beyond surprised.

 

N-neh...it was right after you got your first girlfriend...I got really jealous so I uh...went off and kissed Myun Su...”

 

Yah! Chinja?!”

 

Neh! Wae? Are you jealous you didn't get my first kiss?” Jiyong faltered.

 

A-aniyo!” He lied. I scoffed.

 

You forgot I know when you're lying Jiyong. Admit it, your jealous!”

 

I'm not jealous!!” I smiled mischievously and pounced on Jiyong knocking him back against the couch. He looked at me chocked.

 

Admit it.”

 

Ani.” He stuck out his tongue and turned his head away.

 

You're such a stubborn child!” Jiyong mumbled something under his breath. “What was that? I couldn't hear you.”

 

I'm jealous..” I heard it perfectly this time, but decided to .

 

What? I can't hear you over the TV!”

 

Jiyong glared at me. “I'm jealous Myun Su took your first kiss.” I smiled.

 

See that wasn't so hard. And besides,” I said shrugging. “You got my second kiss, and you'll get my third, and fourth, and fifth and so on.” Jiyong looked at me amused.

 

Wow..someone's a little smug aren't they.”

 

I shrugged again. “What? I'm just letting you know, because know that I've got you, you're not getting away so easily Kwon Jiyong.”

 

Jiyong smirked. “Well good, because I'm never letting you go Kim Min Ah.” He leaned again and once again our lips met in a kiss. When Jiyong pulled away he looked at me lovingly.

 

Saranghae Min Ah.”

 

Nado Saranghae Jiyong.”


A very long chapter 6 for everyone~

This one's a little dramatic, but has a sweet ending^^~

The next chapter, will be the last one

So please stay tuned^^ It should be out next weekend!