Hot Sauce...

I Want You Back [Short Story]

Hello everyone^^

Sorry it took so long for an update.

My wifi connection was down.

But that gave me a reason to finish this chapter! And plus I'm almost done with the next one

So that should be out soon as well :D

And sorry for any mistakes.

When I edited I just kind of skimmed through it....



“Do you have it?” Daesung asked. Seunghyun nodded curtly. We walked side by side towards the cafeteria, and honestly I felt kind of like I was in some movie. You know, the ones that always have the shots of people walking dramatically (an example would be Mean Girls xD).

 

“Are you sure she's coming?” I asked.

 

“We don't know for sure. Jiyong said she MIGHT come for breakfast,” Seungri answered.

 

“We'll find out right now...”Youngbae said as we turned the corner into the YG cafeteria. Inside Jiyong sat eating his breakfast, alone. We all mentally cussed but walked over to Jiyong calmly.

 

“Hey Ji,” Youngbae said sitting down next to his best friend. Seungri sat on his other side. Daesung sat across from him, and Seunghyun and I sat on either side of Daesung.

 

“Hey,” he replied. Jiyong and I made contact and my outburst yesterday came to mind.

 

“Hi, Jiyong.” I said giving him a small smile.

 

“Hi Min...Ah...” He replied, adding the 'Ah' a little late.

 

“So..no Eun Ae?” Seungri asked nonchalantly. Jiyong shook his head as he took a bite of his porridge. Seungri continued to ask questions. “Wae?”

 

“She's got a modeling job till 5 so we're going to get dinner together to make up for it.” We all sent wide eyed looks to each other. How are we supposed to go through with the plan now?! Jiyong continued talking. “So I'm gonna be out for a while tonight.”

 

“That's fine,” Youngbae said suddenly. “Min Ah and the rest of us are just going to hang out tonight. Go out, maybe get some dinner of our own.” We all looked at Youngbae quizzically.

 

“We are?” Seunghyun asked.

 

“Huh?...Oh! Yeah...we are...,” Daesung butted in, he obviously caught Youngbae's drift before the rest of us.

 

“Oh! That's right. How could I forget? We made these plans a while ago.” Seungri said. He caught the joke too. Now it was just me and Seunghyun left in the dust. I thought with a frown on my face.

 

“You remember, don't you Min Ah?” Youngbae asked. Now all eyes were on me.

 

“Ah...neh!” I said,weakly, playing along, even though I was still completely confused. I could tell Seunghyun was now even more confused.

 

“Oh, hey Ji can I use your phone really quick? I forgot mine at home.” Youngbae asked.

 

“Yeah, here.” Jiyong replied pulling his phone out and handing it to Youngbae. Youngbae got up and left the rest of us alone. This left us with an awkward silence. I rested my chin on my palm and with my other hand drew random patterns on the table.

 

“So Min Ah...what's our make up for this weeks performances going to look like?” Daesung asked to cure the silence. I stayed in my position but a frown lingered on my face.

 

“I actually don't know. I'll have to call the others and see if they have anything planned out yet.” Daesung nodded. I could see Jiyong studying my face but I ignored him.

 

“Min Ah,” he finally said. I raised my eyebrows telling him I was listening. “I was thinking, it's been a while since we've hung out...so I though maybe sometime this weekend we could hang out? We could make fun of the people at the park like we did in high school.”

 

I stopped drawing patterns and looked at him. My chin still rested on my palm. “You have a girlfriend. Go do that with her.” A slight edge came onto my voice and I tried to push it back. Luckily, Jiyong didn't pick up on it. But Seunghyun, Seungri, and Daesung seemed to be growing more and more awkward. They were probably wishing Youngbae would hurry up and come back.

 

“Yes, I do have a girlfriend,” Jiyong replied. “But I want to spend time with my best friend. And besides Eun Ae is busy so she wouldn't have to know. She wouldn't approve anyway...”

 

That pissed me off. The best friend comment hurt a little because I realized that's all I'd ever be. But the comment about Eun Ae not approving made me angry. Even the others looked slightly taken aback by what Jiyong had said.

 

“She wouldn't approve?!” I removed my chin from my hand and sat up straighter. “What does that mean? Does she not want us to hang out together?”

 

“No! It's not like that,” Jiyong said hurriedly. “I didn't mean that!”

 

“What? Does she not trust you to be with me or something? You said it yourself Jiyong, you wanted to spend time with your best friend. Doesn't she know we're not going to be doing anything suspicious.”

 

“Aish...Min listen. She just gets easily jealous and jumps to conclusions to quickly. I wouldn't want her to think we were sneaking off together or something.”

 

“Well we're not, so I don't see why you're acting on her terms. You're your own person Jiyong, so man up.” I pushed back from the table, stood up and then walked away. I strode past Youngbae as he was coming back and he turned to watch me go, a confused expression on his face. I decided to go up to the coordinator's room and see if any make up artists were there. It would help me cool off and Daesung's question did remind me I had to check in on them.

 

To give me more time to cool off, I decided to take the stairs. When I reached the floor I needed I found Youngbae and Daesung waiting for me. They must have taken the elevator... I gave them a small smile before walking up to them.

 

“What's up?”

 

“You know that new fancy restaurant in the middle of Seoul? Called Cascade?” Youngbae asked. I frowned. I'd heard others talk about it but I had never actually seen it.

“I know of it. Why?”

 

“We've got reservations at 8 tonight. Make sure to wear something nice~” Daesung said. My frown deepened.

 

“Why are we going there?”

 

“That's where Jiyong and Eun Ae will be. We should get down to the studio now...we're pick you up at 7. 'kay?” I nodded and they left.

 

7:00 pm that night 

 

I stood in my living room trying to get my left earring on. For this dinner I decided to ear a form fitting black dress with a row of diamonds weaving down the front. Black high heels were strapped on my feet. For my make up I wore a simple style of winged eye liner, and thanks to my make up artist status, it looked great. My hair was up in a slightly messy bun, which gave it a classy yet y look.

 

When I finished, I made sure all unnecessary lights were off, leaving one one light for when I got home. I heard a car honk outside and peeked out the window. I could see a black car with 4 men already inside. They're here. I pulled back from the window and double checked my outfit. When all seemed good I grabbed my clutch purse and left the house.

 

As I walked towards the car Seungri rolled down the passenger seat window and whistled. I blushed and looked down. Even though I knew he was joking around, I wasn't all that used to male attention.

 

“Wow,” Seunghyun said rolling down the back window. “You look great Min Ah!!” I smiled and next to Seunghyun I saw Daesung flash me a smile. I walked around the car and climbed into the back next to Daesung. Youngbae, who was driving tonight, looked at me through the review mirror and smiled. All 4 men were wearing white dress shirts, black pants, and black dress jackets.

 

“When Ji sees you he's gonna wish you were his girlfriend.”

 

“I kinda wish she was my girlfriend,” Seungri said. I rolled my eyes and pushed his shoulder playfully. He plastered a fake expression of pain on his face before laughing. Youngbae started driving and a thought hit me.

 

“What if this doesn't work?”

 

“What makes you say that?” Daesung asked.

 

I shrugged. “I don't know. Just what if we get caught?”

 

“We'll be fine,” Seunghyun said. “And even if we do get caught, we've got your back.”

 

I took a deep breath but nodded. Then another question came to mind. “Is Jiyong already there?”

 

“He should be,” Youngbae answered. “Or at least arriving soon” The rest of the ride was quiet. Except for the radio, which Seungri had to drown out the silence. And surprisingly it didn't take long for us to get to the restaurant.

 

“We're here,” Seungri said climbing out of the car. The valet came up to the driver's seat and Youngbae gave him the keys as we all climbed out. The restaurant was really fancy. Outside there was a small red carpet leading up to glass doors with the name of the place, in big aquamarine colored letters, Cascade. The was a valet stand and a small fount outside as well.

 

Daesung offered me his arm and with a smiled I wrapped my arm around his. We all entered the restaurant together and if I thought the outside was fancy, then the inside was even more so. The shape of the building was an oval and the side facing us was all glass windows. The carpet was a deep black and there were multiple tables surrounding what looked like a small dance floor.

 

Classical music played from unseen speakers and giant chandeliers hung from the ceiling giving the room a calm and sophisticated feel. The guys turned to the left to face the front desk but I was still taking in the whole place. Youngbae told the woman behind the desk our reservation and the smiled after finding our name on the list. She pulled out 5 menus and handed them to a waitress.

 

The waitress then smiled and nodded to us, recognition hitting her when she saw the boys, though confusion laced her expression when she saw me. With my arm still wrapped with Daesung's we walked to our table and it didn't take long before I could make out Jiyong's profile against the large window. Looking past him for a quick second I saw a large patio with small torches outside. A few couples stood with wine glasses out there.

 

The waitress placed us at our table—directly diagonally to Jiyong's. My eyes widened as I sat down and looked at Youngbae as we sat down across from me.

 

“You didn't tell me we were going to be sitting this close to him,” I hissed over the table. Seungri chuckled as he sat down next to me. Seunghyun took the head of the table with his back to the aisle and Daesung sat down next to Youngbae.

 

“Well we had to keep an eye on them somehow!” Youngbae said back. I peeked over just at the same time Jiyong looked over. His eyes widened when he realized it was us. I looked away quickly.

 

“! He saw me...” I mumbled drinking the water the waitress had just set down for us. In my peripheral vision, I saw Jiyong's suited body stand up and walk over to our table.

 

“Hey guys,” he said. “What are you guys doing here?”

 

“Oh! Hey Ji,” Youngbae smiled. “Didn't we tell you we were going to hang out together tonight?”

 

“Yeah, you did...but I didn't know you would come here.”

 

“Yeah,” Seungri butted in this time. “We heard this place was good, so we decided to check it out. Look even Min Ah got all dressed up.” Jiyong looked over at me, and his eyes raked up and down my body. I blushed and took another sip of water.

 

“I see that...” Jiyong studied my outfit again. “You look nice Min Ah.” He remember the second syllable to my name this time.

 

“Thanks,” I replied. Then changing the subject, I looked around and said, “Eun Ae's not here yet?”

 

“Oh..she went to the bathroom,” Jiyong said.

 

“Here she comes now,” Seunghyun said suddenly. We all looked up and I felt my eyes widen. She looked gorgeous. Eun Ae wore a white maxi dress with long silver necklaces. Bangles decorated each wrist and feathered earrings hung from her ears. Her hair was pulled back in a tight pony tail and her make up looked perfect with a wing look as well. As she walked and her dress hem slightly flared, I could see white pumps on her feet. Her model status clearly showed as she walked towards us like this was a catwalk.

 

Compared to her, I probably looked like a beggar. When she saw us a slightly annoyed expression graced her beautiful face before putting on a bright smile. She may be a , but you had to admit she was beautiful.

 

“What are you guys going here?” She clasping Jiyong's hand in hers.

 

“We're just here for some dinner,” Seungri answered. “Just like everyone else here.”

 

“That's great. Next time we should all just come together.” Something told me she didn't mean that, and was just saying that to be polite.

 

“Yeah,” Daesung said politely. “That's be nice.”

 

“Well, we should leave you guys to yourselves. Come on, Ji, let's go back to our table.” Jiyong nodded to us and then left with Eun Ae.

 

“God, she's so annoying,” I said. Before anyone could say anything else the waitress came back around to see if we were ready. We told her one more minute and then looked through the menus. Soon the waitress came back and I ordered the first thing I saw. When the waitress left we just sat and talked about random things.

 

I kept noticing Jiyong stealing glances at our table but I ignored them. I also noticed Jiyong pull his phone out. I didn't think anything of it until my own phone vibrated in my clutch purse. I pulled it out and looked at the caller ID. Ji ~. I looked up over at him, but he was looking at Eun Ae and listening to whatever she had to say.

 

I opened the message.

 

-You look great tonight.

 

My feelings split half and half with this text message. I'd always wanted to hear him tell me that, but not over text, and especially when he's out eating dinner 10 feet from us with his girlfriend.

 

-You shouldn't be saying that to another girl when you're out on a date with your girlfriend...

 

Send.

 

After a few seconds, I saw Jiyong look down at his phone and then look up to flash me weird look. He looked somewhat guilty. Suddenly a new song started playing and it was an instrumental of Fly Me To The Moon. A few couples got up to dance in the small dance floor and Jiyong and Eun Ae were one of them.

 

“Finally, they're leaving the table,” Seungri said. Daesung looked over and confirmed they were gone.

 

“Let's get started,” Seunghyun said pulling something from his coat pocket. Hot Sauce. It all made sense why we were here now. And to our luck their waitress came by with their food. When she was gone, Seungri took the hot sauce and grabbed my hand pulling me up.

 

“Yah!” I whispered. “We're gonna get caught! Look at all the other people around here!”

 

“Shhh! We'll be fine!” We reached their table and Seungri started opening the bottle. I huddled next to him over Eun Ae's plate and watch wide-eyed as he was having trouble opening the bottle. I sighed and grabbed the bottle popping it open easily. He looked at me surprised and I just shrugged.

 

“I've opened countless amounts of stuck nail polish bottles, it gets easier.” Seungri rolled his eyes and then proceeded to pour the hot sauce in Eun Ae's soup.

 

“Hurry up,” Seunghyun said coming up behind us. “Eun Ae is coming. We don't want to get --”

 

“Busted.” A female voice said behind us. Seungri jumped and dropped the bottle into Eun Ae's soup. I turned around froze. Seunghyun slowly turned around. And I'm pretty sure we all saw the same thing. A very pissed off Eun Ae, her hand on her hip and a smirk gracing her face.