Caught, a Mysterious Visitor, and off to the Han River!

I Want You Back [Short Story]

Hey guys~ Sorry for a late update.

This was supposed to be out a LONG time ago lmao..

Well, I hope you like it~ Sorry for any mistakes.

One more thing: this is almost to an end~


 

I saw Youngbae and Daesung look at each other worriedly before stand up and joining us.

 

“Well, what do we have here? A little hot sauce in the soup trick? What is this, elementary school?” Eun Ae scoffed. Daesung opened his mouth to say something but Eun Ae held up her hand to stop him. “And don't tell me it's not what it looks like, because it's exactly what it looks like.”

 

“How can you be such a ?” I blurted out. Eun Ae's gaze fell on my and her glare intensified.

 

“Sweetie, you're the one who was just caught putting hot sauce in my food. Besides, when Jiyong comes and sees I have a feeling he'll still be leaving with me. That reminds me, I saw you admiring my outfit when I walked over. You like it? Jiyong bought the whole thing for me.”

 

That's when it struck me. “You're only dating Jiyong for his money?” I asked disbelievingly. Eun Ae smiled sarcastically and shrugged.

 

“Isn't that why most people date him?”

 

“Yah!” Seungri took a step forward, but Seunghyun held him back. And then Jiyong came around and frowned when he saw us. By now, many other people were also looking at us.

 

“What's going on?” Jiyong asked, placing his hand on the small of Eun Ae's back.

 

“Oppa~” Eun Ae said putting on her innocent act. “I came over here to check my phone like I said I would and then I caught Seungri, Seunghyun, and Min Ah putting hot sauce in my soup!” Jiyong frowned at looked at me, Seunghyun, and Seungri. We avoided his gaze.

 

Jiyong looked around us and at Eun Ae's bowl, only to see the half empty hot sauce bottle Seungri had dropped into it.

 

“Why would you do that?” His voice was catching on an angry tone. We didn't answer him. “Huh?” All 5 of us flinched at his tone and Eun Ae stood watching with a slight smirk on her face. Jiyong stepped forward so he was directly in front of me.

 

Min. Answer me.” I continued to look down as if the ground was suddenly the most fascinating thing to me. I'm being cowardly, I thought to myself. I looked up and met Jiyong's angry stare. For some reason that made me angry.

 

“Neh. I put the hot sauce in her soup.” Seungri looked at me bewildered. “I did it because...because...she's not right for you Jiyong.” I decided I would come out with the truth now.

 

“What do you mean, she's not right for me?”

 

“I don't mean to interrupt,” a waitress said timidly. “But could you please take this outside to the front or to the patio? You're creating a scene.” Youngbae apologized to the waitress and then led us out to the patio. Once outside our argument continued.

 

“What do you mean she's not right for me?” Jiyong repeated, more impatient this time. Before I answered I looked over at Eun Ae. She looked as if she expected me to tell him the truth. But she also didn't look worried.

 

“Ji...she's only dating you because of your money...” Jiyong faltered for a moment. And Eun Ae took this as her cue.

 

“Oppa! Are you seriously going to believe her? Why would I want your money? She's obviously just jealous and still angry you hid me from her.”

 

Seungri stepped up to my side. “You stay out of this!” Jiyong's glare focused on the maknae.

 

“Don't talk to her like that,” Jiyong snapped. Seungri looked at him shocked. Jiyong then turned to me. “I understood why you were angry at first Min Ah, but you should've moved on by now. It's childish to act this way.”

 

“Yah! Kwon Jiyong!” Everyone flinched at the volume of my voice. Even Jiyong looked a little frightened. I never called him by his whole name unless I was really pissed. “Are you seriously accusing me of lying right now? Why would I lie to my best friend?!”

 

“Jiyong,” Eun Ae cut in. “She's just being dramatic. I don't even see how you can be friends with her.”

 

I looked between Jiyong and Eun Ae in disbelief. “Jiyong, how can you let her insult me right in front of you.”

 

“Ji you're obviously going to have to choose between us.” Eun Ae said.

 

“Eh?!” Daesung, Seunghyun, Youngbae, and Seungri said in sync. I tensed a little.

 

“Yeah, Jiyong. Who's it gonna be? Your girlfriend of 1 month, or your best friend you've known and trusted for 13 years?”

 

Jiyong studied my face for a few seconds before grabbing Eun Ae's hand. “Come on Eun Ae, let's go.”

 

My anger turned to hurt. As they turned away my eyes filled with tears. The guys let out angry shouts after Jiyong, but I stayed quiet. Eun Ae looked over her shoulder and smirked. I watched through the window as they gathered their things and left money on the table before leaving the restaurant hand in hand.

 

As tears fell down my face, I shivered as the night wind blew. Someone draped their jacket over my shoulders and I looked up to see Seunghyun looking at me with sadness in his eyes. Daesung wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

 

“Come on Min Ah,” Youngbae said kindly. “We'll take you home.” I sniffled and nodded. They led me inside and we asked the waitress for to-go boxes. When we finished scraping our food into the boxes we left money on the table and left as well.

 

On the ride back to my house Seungri and Daesung switched places so now Seungri sat in the back between me and Seunghyun. When he realized I was silently crying, Seungri placed my head on his shoulder. When we reached my house Seungri also walked me to my door.

 

“You shouldn't have taken the blame for pouring in the hot sauce. It was me.”

 

“No..it's okay,” I said quietly. “Thank you for the ride.” Seungri pursed his lips but nodded and then walked back to the car. When they drove off I entered the house and then leaned against the door. Sliding down the door, I let the real tears fall.

 

_Saturday (2 days later)_

 

I walked into the dressing room and was glad I was one of the first people there. The make up artist for Youngbae was there and we greeted each other before setting up our stations. Soon other staff members began to shuffle in and the atmosphere sparked with the usual excitement.

 

“They're coming!” A staff member yelled. I stood next to my station and sighed. Doing Jiyong's make up today was going to be very awkward. Suddenly I heard their voices as they greeted the staff and then the members when off to their make up stations since their hair was already finished.

 

But instead of Jiyong coming over to where I stood, he walked right over to Daesung's make up artist. Daesung stood there awkwardly.

 

“Daesung,” I said kindly. Then with my head I motioned for him to sit in my chair. He smiled gratefully at me. I traded make up notes with Daesung's confused make up artist. Then I got to work. As I was putting concealer on Daesung's face Eun Ae came strutting into the room. She didn't bother to greet anyone and walked straight to where Jiyong sat.

 

“Is he still ignoring you guys?” I asked Daesung quietly. Daesung opened his eyes and nodded.

 

“He hasn't spoken one word to us. Seungri says Eun Ae came over yesterday and when Jiyong left the room, she kept being mean to him. I want her to leave so bad, Min Ah.”

 

I smiled without humor. “Don't we all?”

 

After a while I finished Daesung's make up and he admired himself in the mirror.

 

“Wow! Thanks so much Min Ah!” I smiled and nodded.

 

“Anytime Daesung~” Daesung got up and went to go change, and I sat down in the chair. Soon the Big Bang members left the room for their performance. I decided to pack up and leave early but Yang Hyun Suk himself caught me at the door and stopped me.

 

“Oh wait one second Min Ah~” He seemed to be in a great mood so I stopped by the door. “I have an announcement for you all. I'll tell it again when Big Bang comes back, but I thought the staff should know as well.

 

“I'm planning a big barbeque tomorrow after Inkigayo. It's Big Bang's good bye stage so I thought we'd all celebrate a great promotion. The BBQ is at Han River at 6pm. I really hope you guys can come!” The staff talked among themselves in excitement. The staff weren't really invited to many things ( I was an exception with Jiyong as my friend).”

 

“Oh, and Eun Ae,” Hyun Suk added in. “You're welcome to come to it as well.” That was all I heard before I slipped out of the room. I made my way to the street and hailed a taxi. When it stopped in front of me I climbed in and told the driver my address without looking up.

 

“Well, what do you know? We meet again~” I looked up confused and met a man's kind eyes. It was the taxi driver from before.

 

“Omo~You're the driver from before! How are you?”

 

“Why I've been great. How about you? Any progress with your problem?” The man started to drive off as I shook my head.

 

“No. It's probably gotten even worse...”

 

“What? How so? By the way, don't you think we should know each others names? I feel kind of awkward not knowing what to call you...” There wasn't anything creeperish in his request, it was completely sincere.

 

“My name is Min Ah.. It got worse because of the decision me and my friends group mates chose to do.”

 

“Min Ah? That's a nice name. You can just call me Dong Woon. But back to the topic. Decision? What type of decision?”

 

“A stupid one,” I replied. “We decided to play pranks on the girlfriend. But she caught us the other day. Now he won't talk to any of us and is making a big production on avoiding us.”

 

“That was a stupid decision,” Dong Woon said. I let out an empty chuckle. Dong Woon continued talking. “So what are you going to do now?”

 

I shrugged and looked out the window. “I guess I'll just let Fate take it from here.”

 

“That sounds like a good idea. Well looks like we're here. It was nice seeing you again.”

 

“You too,” I said pulling out the fare. This time Dong Woon took the amount and I climbed out of the car. When I got into my house I plopped down onto the couch and let out a long sigh. I sat up and decided to call in for a food delivery. I ordered some jjanjjangmyeon and a bowl of kimchi. I figured since I was already on the phone with the food place, I might as well get some pork as well. Tonight was just a stuff-yourself-with-food night.

 

I the TV and flipped through channels. Nothing seemed interesting to me so I just left it on a rerun of some drama. I hadn't realized I dazed out when I heard a knock at the door. That must be my food. I got up, picked up my wallet and went to open the door.

 

“What do I owe you?” I said looking at my wallet as I pulled a few bills out.

 

“We already paid for it.” My head snapped up and I met the eyes of the Big Bang members excluding Jiyong.

 

“You didn't have to do that.” I said taking the food from them. I moved aside in the doorway so they could enter my house. When they all shuffled in I closed the door and sat down on the floor next to the coffee table. Pulling out my food I breathed in the scent deeply when I opened the box. Steam lifted up into the air before disappearing. I pulled out the wooden chopsticks the restaurant provided from the bag and started eating away.

 

“You guys can have some,” I said dabbing my mouth with a napkin and pushing the boxes towards the members sitting on the couch. They shook their heads.

 

“No it's okay, you eat,” Youngbae said. “You look skinnier that usual today, so you need all the food you need to fatten you up again.”

 

I stuck my tongue out at him before eating again. The food was delicious but I only finished about half of it. I closed up the food boxes and went into the kitchen to put them in the fridge for later. When that was done I went back into the living room and sat with the guys again.

 

Daesung was the first one to break the silence. “Are you going to the BBQ tomorrow, Min Ah?”

 

I shrugged. “No. I really have no desire to go.”

 

“What!” Seungri exclaimed. “But this is a YG Family party! And it can't be a full family if someone's missing!”

 

“Oh please,” I said smiling slightly. “I can guarantee some more people won't be showing up.”

 

“Actually just about everyone but you as RSVP-ed already.”

 

“What?! How? The announcement was out today!”

 

“I guess YG sent out an email to a a lot of other people, and the employees and dancers that were there today already agreed to come.”

 

“Okay..how is it possible I'm the only one not coming!?”

 

“Maybe its the world peer pressuring you into coming. You never know, something great could happen!” Seungri exclaimed.

 

I rolled my eyes. “Uh-huh suuuure. Listen, I'll think about it.” The boys smiled at this and nodded, figuring that that was enough for now. After a little while longer of talking, the guys left to go home. I was slightly glad to be alone again. I plopped down on my couch and placed on my arm over my eyes. I sighed and with my other arm reached over to mute the TV.

 

The house was quiet and empty. I remembered when I first moved in. The quiet scared me so much I had to call Jiyong to stay the night. He had teased me the whole night until I passed out. When I woke up he had left, but not without leaving the breakfast he made. I had grown used to the quiet after sometime, but right now it was suffocating.

 

Something warm slipped down my face and it took me a second to realize it was a tear. I wiped it away before sitting up. I missed Jiyong. I missed him so so much. I took in a ragged breath as I looked up at the ceiling to stop more tears from falling. I stood up and went into the kitchen to get a drink of water. After taking a big gulp I leaned against the counter and stared at the glass.

I poured the rest of the water down the drain and placed the cup in the sink. I went over to the window to close the curtains and blinds but froze. I stared in confusion at a car. Most people in my neighborhood parked on the street, so cars on the street shouldn't be a surprise to me. What shocked me the most was that the car was sitting on idle. I peeked at it through the window, hiding behind the curtains.

 

The passenger window was rolled down slightly, but it was still too dark to see who was inside. I saw the silhouette of a person as he or she turned their head. Then the passenger window rolled up and the car quickly rolled away. Fear blossomed in my stomach and I quickly closed the blinds and the curtains. I turned off the lights in the living room and then made my way to my room.

 

Fear from the mysterious car still bubbled within me as I changed into my pajamas and climbed into bed. I turned off my bedroom light and laid there, unable to go to sleep.

 

Inkigayo

 

I was late and YG was so going to kill me! Once the bus stopped I sprinted off of it and toward the Inkigayo studio. I carried my make up case and could hear the eyeliners and such bouncing around but at the moment I could possibly care less. My main focus was getting into the Big Bang dressing room.

 

Once I reached the building I showed my name card to a security guard and he let me into the back rooms. I rushed down the white hallways, yelling apologies to the people I had accidentally run into. I finally saw the Big Bang dressing room. I slowed down and as I came closer to the door I could hear some frantic shouts.

 

“Where's Min Ah?!”

 

“We're not going to make it on time!” I walked into the room and everyone turned to stare at me.

 

“Min Ah!” YG came up to me. “Where have you been?!” I flinched under his harsh tone and bowed.

 

“Please forgive me. I had some trouble sleeping last night and ended up sleeping in this morning. I promise it won't happen again.”

 

“It better not! Now get to work! Seungri needs his make up done!” I looked up confused. Jiyong had switch make up artists once again. When I met eyes with Seungri he smiled at me sheepishly. I rushed over and started on my work. The commotion had started to calm now that I was here, but we were still slightly rushing.

 

“You okay?” Seungri asked in a whisper. I nodded.

 

“Yeah, I'm fine. Just really tired. I didn't get very much sleep last night after a slight scare.”

 

“Scare?”

 

“Yeah. There was some car sitting outside my house. Whoever it was drove off when they saw me peeking through the window.” I looked up in the mirror to see how Seungri was turning out so far. But instead of seeing Seungri, I met eyes with Jiyong. He was sitting in Seungri's usual chair and looked away quickly when he saw me looking. I frowned slightly and went back to work.

 

“That's weird,” Seungri said, continuing our conversation. “Be careful 'kay. I don't want anything to happen to you.”

 

I smiled. “I will. Don't worry about me.”

 

“A stage director poked her head in. “Big Bang in 10!” I started to quicken my pace on Seungri's make up and finished right in time.

 

“Thanks Min Ah~” Seungri said getting up and following the other members out to the stage. I nodded back in when they were gone I plopped down on the chair. Everything was calm in the dressing room until I heard stiletto heels come clicking into the room.

 

“Oh? Have the boys left for their stage already?” Eun Ae's voice filled the room. I looked at her through the mirror. She was dressed in white shorts, a flowy black top and black heels. Her hair was straight and at the moment held back by her sunglasses. I looked plain next to her in my skinny jeans, red t-shirt and black flats.

 

“Neh~” replied Ji Eun unni. Eun Ae pouted and then sat down on one of the couches in the room. I looked away from her and to busy myself I started cleaning up my station. I yawned and shook away the tired glaze coming over me.

 

“You okay Min Ah?” Ji Eun asked. I looked up and smiled before nodding.

 

“Neh. Just tired is all. I'll be okay.” Ji Eun looked doubtful but let it slide. I finished cleaning up and sat down again. I looked into the mirror and took in my tired face. In the side I saw Eun Ae glaring at me. I chose to ignore her and place my head on the table.

 

I closed my eyes but couldn't fall asleep here. I don't know how long I laid there, but suddenly something cold shocked me into sitting up straight. I looked up and found Youngbae, Seungri, Daesung, and Seunghyun standing around me. Daesung carried a cold can of Pocari Sweat so I assumed he was the one who pressed it to my forehead.

 

“Hey,” Daesung said. “You okay?” Seems like that was the question of the day. He held out the can for me and I nodded as I took it from him.

 

“Yeah. Thanks.” I popped open the can and took a swig.

 

“Seungri told us you were tired, so we got you that and these fruit snacks,” Seunghyun said placing a small bag of fruit snacks on the counter. “It's not much but maybe something in your system will wake you up.”

 

“Thanks guys.” I smiled up at them.

 

“And if you just want to go home and rest instead of the BBQ, we'll let you go,” Youngbae said.

 

“It's okay,” I said. “I decided I wanted to go.”

 

“You sure?”

 

I nodded. “Yeah, it'll be fun to get together with everyone.” I opened the fruit snacks and popped a few into my mouth. The guys broke into smiles at the news.

 

“Awesome! Then let's go!” Seungri pulled me up from my chair.

 

“Wait! What about my make up case? And snack?!”

 

“We got it!” Daesung called after us as Seungri pulled me to the door.

 

“Aish~ Min Ah, you're so slow!” Then before I could even tell what was happening Seungri hoisted me onto his back. My eyes widened in shock. A few dancers squealed at the sight. Jiyong had a confused look on his face and Eun Ae looked half amused and half outraged.

 

The other members followed behind us laughing. I looked back and saw Jiyong watching us with a sad look on his face. Seungri's voice broke me from my thoughts.

 

“We'll meet everyone at Han River!”