Her True Colors

I Want You Back [Short Story]

Hello everyone~ Here's the second chapter. Hope you guys like it ^^~  And there's a little surprise for you at the end of the chapter~

And if you check the forward, I added the character info ^^~


Recap:

Youngbae stepped forward., “Jiyong...who's this?”

Jiyong's smile widened even more, if that was even possible. “Everyone, meet my girlfriend Lee Eun Ae.”

End Recap


“How long?” Daesung asked.

 

“We've been together for a month now.” Multiple emotions ran through me. Happy, surprised, betrayal, and hurt...the strongest of them all was hurt. He never told me anything. “Listen, I know it's a shock, but we're very happy. So please support us.”

 

Everyone responded by getting up to greet Eun Ae, except me and the Big bang members. I plopped back down and sighed. The guys looked at each other awkwardly—unsure whether to be a good friend to Jiyong and go meet Eun Ae, or be a good friend to me and stay where they were.

 

Go,” I said with a small smile. The boys gave me sympathetic smiles and Youngbae patted me on the shoulder. But before they could turn and go over to Jiyong, they came over to us.

 

Eun Ae, this is Seungri, Seunghyun, Daesung, Youngbae, and Min Ah.” I decided, for Jiyong's sake I'd at least pretend to be happy. I plastered on a fake smile, which hopefully looked real, and stood up.

 

Anyeong Eun Ae,” I said, politely. “It's nice to meet you.”

 

You too,” she replied with a smooth voice. “Jiyong's told me many things about you.”

 

Oh really? I certainly hope they were good things,” I replied giving Jiyong a teasing look. Jiyong smiled, he had fallen for my act. Eun Ae then shook hands with the rest of Big Bang and then sat down a couple feet from me in the back of the room. I tried to push this shocking news out of my head and watched the boys happily as they joked around.

 

Sometimes Jiyong and Eun Ae would flash smiles at each other, which urked me but I ignored it for the most part. But it got harder and harder as time passed. When Jiyong would take a break he would sit next to Eun Ae instead of me. He would get water for Eun Ae, not me. He would direct his parts of the songs for Eun Ae, not me.

 

Finally I got sick of it and started to pack up to leave. I looked through my purse and found enough change for a taxi. I still didn't have a car, because Jiyong would always drive me, but now that he has Eun Ae, I had a feeling I was going to rely on taxis and buses for now. I pulled my purse up my arm and started towards the door.

 

Min?” Jiyong called my name. In the mirror I saw him running towards me. I turned to him and smiled slightly.

 

Yes?”

 

Where are you going?”

 

Home.”

 

Are you okay? You do look kind of pale.” Jiyong reached out to feel my forehead but I dodged his hand. He frowned slightly.

 

Yeah, I'm feeling a little sick. I'll just take my leave first.”

 

I would drive you back but I have Eun Ae here.” Jealously pitted in my stomach. “I could get Youngbae to drive you home?” Youngbae looked up at the sound of his name.

 

No. It's fine. I'll take a taxi. You guys keep practicing.” I started to turn away again but Jiyong caught my arm.

 

How do you like Eun Ae?” He whispered. “You're not mad at me for hiding it are you? Cause I know we always told each other everything, but she made me promise not to te--”

 

I'm fine. She's great.” I said with a little too much edge in my voice. I pulled my arm from his grip, which had loosened in surprise. I exited the dance studio and instantly regretted my behavior. I had no right to act like that. As I waited for the taxi I had called I tried to calm myself down. I tried humming a calming song but the only thing that came to mind was Big Bang's 'Blue' which was not helping.

 

Finally the taxi arrived and I hopped in. I told the driver my address and then leaned my head against the window. The chill of it going through my hair and reaching my scalp. My phone rang from inside my purse and I pulled it out, my head still against the window. Pulling up my phone to eye level, I read the text.

 

You okay? -Youngbae

 

I rested my hand which held my phone on my lap and stared at the text. Was I okay? The screen of my phone was hit with something, making the letters under the screen blurry. It took my a second to realize it was a tear, and that I was crying. I sniffled and wiped away the tears, the picture of my smeared make up running down my cheeks flashed through my head.

 

No...but I will be later. Send.

 

A reply came quickly.

 

If it makes you feel any better Ji's been worried about you since you left. I decided not to reply. But another text came in. But from someone else.

 

Noona~ Don't be sad >.< I know for sure they won't last long. She's not even his type! -Seungri^^ I smiled a little. Seungri's texts were always interesting to read. But I didn't reply to him either. Soon another text came in. I sighed, almost frustrated.

 

Min...you are mad aren't you? I'm sorry I never told you. I wanted to tell you! But I made a promise to Eun Ae. Please don't be mad...I'll call you later tonight? -Ji

 

I read the text over and over again before typing in a message. And deleted it. Then typed a new message. And deleted it. I repeated this over and over again before deciding on a simple, boring one.

 

I'm not mad. I understand. -Min~ I hit send with a sigh and stared at it for a long time. Why can't I bring myself to tell him how I really feel? He's my best friend for crying out loud.

 

“I'm not one to pry, miss. But by the way you're sighing, I'd say you got a little love problem on your hands.” The driver looked at me through the review mirror.

 

“It's nothing too big,” I replied. “I'm probably just over reacting. I'll be fine tomorrow.”

 

“Let me guess, he came around flaunting a surprise girlfriend.” I stared at him in shock.

 

“How'd you know?”

 

“Same thing happened to me. My best friend shows up one say holding hands with another guy. They got married a year later. I made the worst mistake by not telling her how I felt.”

 

“I'm sorry,” I replied. I genuinely felt bad for this man. “Are they still together?”

 

“Oh no, thankfully. She found out he was cheating on her. Divorced him in a heartbeat.” I nodded.

 

“Well, here we are miss.” I looked out the window and saw my house.

 

“Thank you,” I said pulling out some cash for the fare, but the driver held up his hand to stop me.

 

“It's on me. You need something good for your day.”

 

“Oh no..I couldn't.”

 

“Don't worry it's fine! Just leave it to me.” I pursed my lips and nodded.

 

“Thank you,” I said again before stepping out of the car. After I closed the door he took off.

 

I then continued up the path to my front door slowly and painfully. Besides the free ride, today is not off to a good start. I opened the front door and entered my small house on the outskirts of Seoul. Closing the door behind me, I shuffled to the couch and threw myself at it, landing face first into the small pillows. Then I screamed out my frustrations. Thankfully, the pillows muffled the sounds, so my neighbors wouldn't have to deal with me.

 

I sat up and dazed off, staring at the wall. My house was almost unnaturally quiet today. I stood up and made my way to the kitchen. I rummaged through the cupboards before finding I had nothing to my liking tonight. I sighed and decided I'd skip dinner tonight. I also decided to take a quick shower and then turn in early today. And I just so happened to fall asleep right before Jiyong called me, which means I missed his call.

 

-Next Morning-

 

I arrived at the YG building earlier than usual and made my way down to the cafeteria with breakfast on my mind. I wasn't in the mood for a heavy breakfast so went with a muffin and a banana with a bottle of water. Youngbae, Daesung, and Seungri were already at a table chatting tiredly. Jiyong and Seunghyun were most likely still asleep at home.

But that theory was soon crossed off when Jiyong and Eun Ae walked through the cafeteria doors. I pretended like I didn't see them and sat down next to Youngbae. I started to pick at my muffin gingerly as I saw Jiyong whisper something to Eun Ae and then make his way to the food counter.

 

Eun Ae started walking towards us.

 

Listen up carefully,” she said. We all looked at her stunned. Her tone was cold and hard. “No one, and I mean NO ONE will get in the way of me and Jiyong. Got it?” She turned to me. “And you, Min Ah.” She sneered my name. “You need to move on. Jiyong didn't choose you, and he never will choose you. He's got me now.”

 

Eun Ae looked smug when my face formed an expression of shock. How could Eun Ae know I like Jiyong? Is it that obvious? Eun Ae sat down at the table next to ours. Seungri looked like he was going to go off on her, but Jiyong came back and was striding towards the table. He came over to greet us first.

 

Good morning everyone.” Our replies were not exactly as enthusiastic. Daesung nodded to Jiyong and then looked at me worriedly, Seungri ignored him and was mumbling curses under his breath, Youngbae was frowning and biting the inside of his cheek as if to stop himself from blurting out anything. And me? I sat there frozen, a little nausea kicking in.

 

Jiyong looked confused and a little hurt by our non-attempt to reply. But he tried again. “Hey, Min...you never answered my calls last night...” In the corner of my eye I saw Eun Ae's head snap over to look at me. Jiyong continued on. “Are you sure you're not...whoa...are you okay?”

 

As Jiyong was talking he came over to stand in front of me. I must have looked worse than I thought because he stopped mid-sentence and came over to feel my forehead. Before he could place his hand on my forehead I pulled my head away from him slightly, just like yesterday. Jiyong stopped his hand and kept it in the air for a second before pulling it back awkwardly.

 

Don't worry about her oppa,” Eun Ae said in a sickly sweet voice. Jiyong turned to look at Eun Ae. “She was looking pale when I came over. She said she felt a little sick so I gave her some medicine.” Jiyong couldn't see him because his back was turned, but Seungri was mocking Eun Ae as she spoke. Daesung had to cough back a laugh. “Isn't that right Min Ah?” Eun Ae looked at me expectantly. Jiyong turned to look at me as well.

 

N-neh...she gave me medicine...”

 

Jiyong nodded, “That's good. I hope you feel better Min~” Jiyong then sat down and placed a muffin in front of Eun Ae. The cafeteria suddenly seemed like it was closing in on me. I stood up quickly and walked away from the table, leaving my food. I could feel everyone's eyes on my back.

 

Min Ah?” Seungri called out. I didn't stop though, and continued on until I got to the girls restroom down the hall. I entered the facilities and washed my face with water. She's horrible! How can Jiyong like someone like her?! The bathroom door opened and I looked up. Hoping it wasn't Eun Ae.

 

Instead it was Seungri, Youngbae, Daesung, and Seunghyun. He probably just got here. And by the look on his face the other boys had filled him in on what happened. I walked over and grabbed some paper towels to dry my face.

 

I look pathetic, don't I?” I said. Youngbae came up and hugged me. Over the course of time that I had known Jiyong, I had come to be best friends with the rest of Big Bang. They were like my brothers I never had. When Jiyong had been busy with work, I could always call up the rest of them and they would help just as well as Jiyong. And since Jiyong was kind of busy right now, the Big Bang members would help me.

 

She's horrible,” Daesung said, voicing my thoughts.

 

Jiyong doesn't really choose them well, does he?” Seunghyun said with an empty chuckle. Jiyong has had other girlfriends, ones that he hasn't kept in secret from me. But in the end all those girlfriends turned out to be using him for something.

 

That's why we're going to get you and Jiyong together,” Seungri said. I pulled away from Youngbae's hug and looked at them.

 

How?”

 

Kim Min Ah,” Youngbae said. “As much as I hate to do this to people, we're going to make Eun Ae's time with Jiyong, not so much fun. Are you in?”

 

Wait, so you guys are standing here, in the girls bathroom might I add, to tell me we're going to make Eun Ae's time with Jiyong, basically a living hell?”

 

Yeah,” Seunghyun said smiling. “Pretty much.”

 

Count me in.”

 

~~~~Previews for next chapter~~~~


Seungri looked at me expectantly.

 

Wait..you want me to what?” I asked. “That's a designer purse.” He looked at me with a face that yelled 'Duh!' and handed me the small bottle.

 

Just do it!”

 

Youngbae...”I said trying to hold in my giggles. “That's really not that good of an idea.”

 

Well how am I supposed to know! I've never actually done something like this..”