Chapter 6b

I Love You, Your Majesty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Minho?” Taemin strolled around. He asked a few passer-bys if they had seen a good-looking tall person with a cold face walking around, but none of them spotted him. He was starting to contemplate whether he should head back to the castle first. He wasn’t even afraid that he was alone – he was more concerned for Minho’s safety.

“Maybe he went to buy something.” Taemin mumbled to himself. “What should I do now?”

 

“Prince Taemin?”

Taemin stopped on his track as a teenager around his age addressed him. “Your companion is injured. Follow me.”

Taemin’s heart throbbed painfully. Minho is injured? How? When? Where? “Lead the way!”

Taemin was too lost in his worry that he didn’t feel suspicious about the teen’s identity. He was too naïve – after all he was never exposed to the dangerous world before.

The teen smirked inwardly at the gullible prince who was tailing him blindly. He led Taemin to the less crowded area, towards a deserted alley where people rarely go there.

“Where’s Minho?”

“He’s not here.” The teen turned to face Taemin, stating the obvious.

“But you said he’s injured and–“

“I didn’t say I’d bring you to him.”

Two pairs of arms seized each of Taemin’s hands, pinning them on his back. Taemin let out a yelp as one of them kicked his joints to make him kneel on the ground.

“Our apologies, Your Majesty.” The teen ridiculed. “It’s really rude that we are speaking to you without introducing ourselves.”

Taemin gulped in fear. He was mentally chanting, calling for Minho as if the latter was some sort of mind reader. Too bad this is not Twilight and Minho isn’t Edward Cullen.

“W-What do you want from me?” Taemin asked, trying to sound brave but the shiver in his tone proved otherwise.

“We want you to stay with us for tonight, Dear Prince.” The one holding his right arm snarled.

Taemin was not that dense. He understood what this meant.

This group of people wanted to destroy the tradition; the friendship between the two kingdoms. If Taemin didn’t turn up for the ball tonight, one of the two princesses will have no and that would seem like the Princes were being rude and disinterested. The neighboring kingdom might get offended and break ties with them.

 

Taemin was about to say something when the pressure around his arms loosens – he was freed. In a flash he realized that the two men holding him and the teen who led him here were all lying unconscious on the ground.

“Are you all right?” Minho panted as he tugged Taemin to him. “Did they hurt you? I’m sorry for being late.”

Minho was perspiring badly and his arm was bleeding. Taemin was still speechless as he stared – gaped – at Minho. What just happened?

“Taemin?” Minho furrowed his brows in worry. He cupped his cheek using his uninjured arm. “Prince?”

“M-Minho?” Taemin blinked. He then caught sight of the red stain on Minho’s sleeve. “Where were you– you’re injured!”

“That’s not important.” Minho gritted his teeth – it was apparent that he was in pain. “Are you injured?”

Taemin’s heart warmed. Minho was more concerned about his well being than himself. “I’m okay.”

“Good. We need to get out of here and find somewhere safe. They are still after you.”

They both ventured deeper into branches of alleys. Blood was still gushing out of Minho’s wound but the assistant refused to stop to allow Taemin to treat his injury. It was only after they made a turn into a dead-end that they both halted.

Minho knew this place very well. Everything was still the same – the crack on the wall, the surrounding… It was as if time froze in here.

“Let’s go.” He pulled Taemin’s sleeve, going into the hiding where he spent his childhood with Jonghyun and Yoonhae.

 

 

-*-

 

 

“Where is Taemin and Minho?” Jinki whispered to Yoonhae. They were all inside the dining room – Princess Sulli, Prince Onew, Key and his (self-proclaimed) , Jonghyun, and Yoonhae. But there was an empty chair – Taemin wasn’t back.

“I’ve asked the guards, they are not back yet, Your Majesty.” Yoonhae replied in a whisper.

“Is everything all right, Jinki oppa?” Sulli asked, her tone concerned. Key made a gagging face at Jonghyun, who simply coughed to hide his laughter. Yoonhae cleared and straightened up her posture.

“No, everything is all right. Let’s eat.” Jinki waved awkwardly at Krystal, who was standing at the corner of the room waiting for the signal when she could start bringing the lunch in.

Yoonhae and Jonghyun exchanged gazes as the royalties ate (they both were not eating because the table is only set for the princes and princess, it’s rude to join in their meal), worrying about Minho and Taemin’s whereabouts.

Yoonhae caught Jonghyun’s lips moving and lip-read him.

If they are not back by sunset, I’ll go look for them.

She nodded slightly before replying him. I hope everything will be fine.

 

 

-*-

 

 

It was half past two and Yoonhae was getting very, very anxious. Jinki seemed to be really distracted too – even though he covered it well as he guided Princess Sulli around the castle, his anxiety was apparent from how he always glances at the castle gate’s direction.

Taemin had said that he would come back before lunch. He was a man of his words – so why was he late?

Jonghyun had taken the liberty to ask the castle guards to tighten their security. He was considering getting out of the castle to look for them but Key stopped him.

“It’s dangerous out there.” The diva had said.

“Omo, are you worrying about me?” Jonghyun grinned happily, “I’m so touched, Jagiya!”

“What the f- I’m not your jagiya!!” Key blushed. “I’m just saying we could as Kyuhyun to patrol around instead! No need for you to search them single handedly!”

“That’s not a good idea. The villagers might realize something is wrong and start to panic.” Jonghyun shook his head.

“Ugh, whatever.” Key huffed and followed Jinki and Sulli (and by follow, meaning he was around three meters behind them). “I’m just worried that he won’t make it on time for the ball. We need two princes to attend the ball so that both princesses have escorts!”

“Why don’t you consider being a prince then?” Jonghyun suggested with a raised eyebrow.

Key kept silent. Jonghyun was about to apologize when he noticed Key’s furrowed eyebrows. It seemed that he was weighing the consequences, but the raptor didn’t push it anymore. He knew that if the situation were critical, Key wouldn’t bear to not do anything and let the kingdoms fall.

What a responsible person. Jonghyun shrugged. He totally fits the criteria to be a good prince.

 

“Yoonhae?” Jinki called, but as he turned back he realized his assistant was nowhere to be found. He stopped in his tracks and stared at Jonghyun and Key.

“She went to the guard’s house.” Key informed him casually.

“Oh. Okay.” Jinki nodded.

“Are you sure everything is fine?” Sulli reconfirmed.

“Yeah. Not to worry.” Jinki reassured. “What time will Princess Victoria be here?”

“She said she’d be here by sunset. Before the ball.” Princess Sulli answered sweetly – Key made another gagging face.

“Hm, okay.” Jinki took Sulli’s hand again. “Let’s bring you to your room so you can rest before tonight’s party.”

“Oh but I want to walk around some more!” Sulli pouted. Jinki seemed astonished – Key could tell his cousin wanted some Sulli-free time so he could discuss about Taemin’s disappearance, so the almighty diva came to the rescue.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter