Chapter 4

I Love You, Your Majesty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

C H A P T E R     F O U R


Days passed after the incident of blown-up kitchen and Key was finally calm about the whole thing. He had given Taemin a series of nagging, which the latter simply escaped from by using his unending aegyo.

 

Taemin observed as Jinki ate his breakfast gracefully with Yoonhae calmly standing beside him, waiting. He then glanced at his right, where Minho smiled upon catching his gaze, and he suddenly wondered something he hadn’t thought for the past five years.

“Don’t you people ever eat?” Taemin blurted.

Yoonhae looked at Taemin with a mixture of surprise and amusement. Minho coughed softly to hide his chuckle.

“Of course we do eat, Your Highness. We’re humans too.” Minho replied politely.

“But every time hyung and I eat… You two are just standing aside and watch us eat.”

“We ate at the servant’s dining room, Prince Taemin.” Yoonhae stated. “So don’t worry about us… Enjoy your breakfast.”

 

“She’s right, Taemin-ah.” Key butted in as he took a seat at the only empty chair left, “Don’t worry because I always make sure that Krystal takes care of everyone’s breakfast. I’m not letting any of the servants, maids, or anyone in the castle at all to faint or starve to death.”

“Good morning, Key.” Jinki greeted sleepily.

“Mornin’.” Key yawned.

“You’re not usually late, Key umma.” Taemin pointed out.

“Oh blame it on my new pet dinosaur.” Key rolled his eyes.

 

Yoonhae and Minho immediately exchanged a look. “Jonghyun?”

“Yeah. I let him stay in the castle and asked them to prepare a room for him, and guess what?” Key scratched his head, frustrated, “He sneaked into my room and TALKED TO ME THE WHOLE NIGHT! I almost call for the guards to lock him in the cell or something. My beauty sleep is RUINED!”

Key flailed around to express his frustration, but Taemin simply beamed at the older man.

 

“Hyung, you seem really happy though.” Taemin got out of his seat and bounced to Key to give him a hug. “It’s been awhile since you become so lively~”

“Lively? LIVELY?” Key screeched. “I’m frustrated and dead tired, Taemin-ah, not lively!”

“Really? Your eyes tell us otherwise though.” Jinki added.

 

“Uh… You two are insane.” Key rolled his eyes and brushed Taemin off. He grabbed a sandwich and stood up abruptly.

“Where are you going?” Taemin pouted.

“Back to my room.” Key munched his sandwich angrily. “May be some sleep will do me real good. Besides, there’s not much to do today.”

Before the two princes could respond, Key had stomped off the dining room and slammed the door behind.

 

“He’s sure in a bad mood.” Taemin sighed. “Do you think we too much?”

“Nah, he’s just embarrassed.” Jinki finished off the last bit of his bacon. “Quickly finish your meal, Taemin-ah. We have a long day.”

“Okay, hyung.”

 

 

-*-

 

 

Taemin must be mad to think that Key was happy for the disturbances caused by Jonghyun. Or at least, Key felt that Taemin was out of his mind to think that way. Clearly, Key was annoyed beyond words. Jonghyun’s actions got on his nerves – especially since he was so touchy-feely.

 

He was busy scolding Taemin mentally and did not realized he had turned to the left instead of right, and bumped into someone. He staggered a step backward, losing his balance and was about to fall on his when a familiar hand caught his waist.

“You shouldn’t space out like that, Your Majesty.” Kyuhyun smirked.

“Hyung.” Key rolled his eyes, straightening his posture. “Thanks. And I wasn’t spacing out.”

 

They self-consciously took a step backward each before looking (or rather, staring) at one other. Silence ensued then, and Key felt rather awkward. It shouldn’t have felt awkward talking to a childhood friend but ever since Kyuhyun became the general, they rarely spoke to each other. Kyuhyun had become rather distant, addressing him Your Majesty and all, even though he was not a prince.

Kyuhyun was about to say something when a blonde guy swung his hand happily around Key’s shoulder.

 

“Kibummie! I’ve been looking for you!” Jonghyun grinned widely.

“I’ll excuse myself, Your Highness.” Kyuhyun then bowed and left.

Key bit his lip, watching the general’s back figure longingly. Jonghyun was busy hugging him, babbling about some nonsense but he didn’t quite register the words.

 

You broke your promise, hyung.

 

“Yah, I’m talking to you Ke– what’s wrong?” Jonghyun’s tone quickly changed.

Key’s eyes were still glued to the direction where Kyuhyun had disappeared. His heart clenched – no he was not in love with Kyuhyun, of course, but he dearly missed his company.

 

“Jjong.”

“Hm?”

“Do me a favor, okay.” Key shrugged Jonghyun’s arm gently off his shoulder. “Leave me alone for today.”

Jonghyun had wanted to retort but he wasn’t that dense to push on Key’s button. He stayed still on his spot as Key walked away, and let out a sigh.

 

“It’s going to be a boring day. Oh well.” Jonghyun pouted. “I wonder what Minho is doing.”

 

 

-*-

 

 

“Your Highness, I beg of you, please, please come down!”

“Just a bit more, Minho~”

Taemin stretched his arm to reach for the kitten. His ankle had just recovered and he was ecstatic to move it (which means, walk) so he had insisted on strolling around the castle’s garden when he caught a sight of a kitten stuck high up on a tree branch. Taemin, being the animal lover he was, was determined to save the poor little kitty.

Minho had said he would get the kitten down and went off to find a ladder in a storage room nearby. When he came back, the prince had already managed to climb up, at least seven meters above the ground and Minho thought he would die from a heart attack right then.

 

“Here kitty!” Taemin cooed, clearly not bothered at how high up he was and how dangerous it was to use only one hand to cling onto the branch nearby for support as he stretched even more to reach for the kitten. “Come to oppa~”

“Taemin! Wait, don’t move and just hold onto something… !” Minho’s heart dropped a few centimeters as Taemin swayed a little to the right. But the prince had chuckled and somewhat managed to balance himself again.

“I’m fine Minho hyung. You worry too much!” Taemin shouted down. The prince was feeling happy – it was the first time he saw Minho loosing his cool. Minho let out an exasperated sigh.

 

The kitten unexpectedly jumped onto Tae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter