Chapter 1

I Love You, Your Majesty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
C H A P T E R     O N E

 

5 years later.

 

“WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING SNEAKING INTO THE CASTLE?!” Key screeched as he pointed a horsewhip at the blonde male.

“O-Ouch, look, Lady, this is a misunderstanding!” Jonghyun rubbed his head, where he had accidentally knocked onto the wall as a result of fail landing. He was jumping over the castle fence; wanting to meet his two best friends, Minho and Yoonhae because he was bored.

“I’m going to call the guards.” Key spoke. “Getting into the castle without permission… You sure have no brain!”

Jonghyun was about to retort but as he examined Key’s features more thoroughly, he felt his face warming up. Key was wearing a pair of tight jeans with boots, and a white blouse with brown vest. The sunlight beaming behind him added some sort of glow, beautifying the already gorgeous person even further.

“My lady, I’m sorry, I don’t mean to barge in so rudely and I–“

“EXCUSE YOU?!” Key raised his voice again. “LADY?! OPEN YOUR RETARDED EYES YOU IDIOT!”

Jonghyun froze for a moment, taking in the furious looking diva in front of him. The former’s eyes then land on Key’s chest. Oh.

“I-I’m sorry!” Jonghyun blushed. “I thought you were… Well, Sir, there’s a misunderstanding and I wasn’t about to–“

“Sir Kim!” A few guards rushed towards the two bickering males. “Is everything alright, Milord?!”

“No, this villain here just jumped over the fence! He was scaring my precious Princess away!”

Jonghyun frowned. Princess?

The white horse behind Key let out a small neigh. Oh.

 

“State your identity and purpose!” One of the guards spoke harshly to Jonghyun.

“Hey, whoa, chill!” Jonghyun raised both arms. He didn’t want any fights to brew – after all he was just here for visiting. “As I said, this is a misunderstanding–“

“It would have seem to be less of a misunderstanding if you had used the front gate!” Key blurted as he brushed his horse. “Please send him away.”

“At once, Milord!”

“Hey! Hey!” Jonghyun struggled as the guards started to tug his arms. “I didn’t know where the goddamn gate was! Hey, back off!”

 

“Please stop.”

Everyone at the scene paused as Taemin arrived with Minho tailing behind him. “What’s wrong, Key hyung?”

“Taeminnie – I mean, Prince Taemin.” Key acknowledged. Jonghyun noticed his expression mellowed upon the arrival of the petite boy. His gaze then fell on the tall figure next to him.

“Minho!” Jonghyun called.

The said man stared at Jonghyun for a moment before turning to the guards.

“Please let him go, he’s a friend of mine.” Minho told the guards. All of them hastily backed off and bowed politely.

“We’re sorry for being rude towards Sir Choi’s acquaintance!” They bowed again before disappearing.

“They really need to learn how to chill.” Jonghyun chuckled. “And hey, Minho.”

Minho nodded slightly. “What brings you here?”

“Always the man of little words. I just got fired and I’m bored.” Jonghyun shrugged. “Been awhile since I last seen you and Yoonhae. How’s everything?”

“Good.”

 

“Um.” A voice interrupted. “Minho?”

“Yes, Your Majesty?” Minho immediately averted his attention towards the petite boy.

“I hate it when you call me that.” Taemin pouted. “Anyway, I’m going for a horse ride with Key hyung for a round or two. I’ll be back.”

“I’ll be with y–“

“No, I’ll be fine, Key hyung’s with me.” Taemin assured, his bright smile blinding, “You seem to have a lot of catching up to do with your friend.”

Minho didn’t seem too convinced about it but nodded anyway. “Please be careful, Your Highness.”

Taemin sulked some more. “It’s T-A-E-M-I-N. Either you call me that or I’m going to ignore you forever.”

“B-But–“ Minho stammered. Jonghyun was enjoying the conversation he was ‘eavesdropping’ to the maximum.

“Let’s go, Tae.” Key interrupted.

“Minho.” Taemin narrowed his eyes.

“Y-Yes… Please go on and be careful… Prince– I mean, T-Taemin.”

“Very well.” Taemin smirked, satisfied. He waved at Jonghyun cutely before tailing after Key in enthusiasm.

 

Minho cleared his throat as Jonghyun was grinning like a fool beside him, giving him the Oh-I-know-something-is-up look.

“Shut up, Hyung.” Minho mumbled.

“He really knows how to make you open up.” Jonghyun commented. “I’ve never seen this side of you even though I’ve known you ever since you wet your pants.”

“…”

“How’s life as a prince’s assistant?” Jonghyun asked. Both he and Minho were sitting under a tree, staring at the field where Taemin and Key were horse riding.

“It’s okay.” Minho’s eyes never leave Taemin’s figure. He was really worried – what if the horse got out of control suddenly? What if he fell down? What if–

“Yah.” Jonghyun nudged the quiet man. “You are worrying too much, you know that? It’s just horse riding. The prince is a man too. He is not a baby anymore. How old is he again?”

Minho raised his eyebrows at Jonghyun. “18.”

“When you were 18, you captured two bandits with your bare hands.” Jonghyun rolled his eyes off. “And they were like what, armed with guns and weapons? Don’t look down on 18-year-olds.”

“Am not.” Minho denied. “I just can’t help it if I–“

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter