Chapter 9 Part 1

I Love You, Your Majesty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

C H A P T E R     N I N E     ( P A R T    O N E )


“Jinki hyung? You look pale.” Key pointed out.

Jinki looked up to stare at his cousin. He smiled slightly, feeling a bit glad to see someone other than the princesses and guests he had to entertain for the night.

“Kibum-ah, is Taemin back?” Is Yoonhae back? Jinki wanted to add. He had been feeling extremely uneasy, like an unknown thought of Yoonhae being in danger was nagging him.

“I don’t know I was about to ask you the same thing.” Key replied solemnly. From the corner of his eyes, Key could spot Sulli giggling with her sister. “By the way, I heard Sulli said that she’s going to be engaged with Taemin-ah.”

Jinki didn’t scream or anything but his eyes widened and his mouth formed into a big “o”. Key rolled his eyes at how dumb Jinki looked at the moment.

“Yes, hyung, arranged marriage.” Key emphasized. “We can’t let this happen.”

Jinki rubbed his temple. “I swear I’m growing older faster than I was planning to. All these things just happen to make me have wrinkles.”

“Not funny, hyung.”

“Ugh.” Jinki grunted. He then noticed someone entered the ballroom, looking like a lost puppy. He felt a gush of relief upon recognizing the person.

 

“Taemin!”

Key immediately turned towards the direction Jinki was gaping and let out a muffled shriek. Taemin noticed them and smiled, trotting enthusiastically towards his hyungs.

“I’m back. I’m sorry and I’ll explain everything later.” Taemin spoke softly in case people start noticing that something was wrong.

“It’s okay. We told them you were busy handling some documents.” Jinki hugged Taemin, thoroughly relieved that his brother was fine. “Are you all right?” Is Yoonhae all right?

“I have small cuts here and there but I’ll live, hyung. I’m sorry to make you worry…” Taemin trailed off. He winced a little because it wasn’t him who was unwell– it was Minho. “I’ll tell you what happened later.”

“Where’s Jonghyun?” Key asked. Where is Yoonhae? Jinki added mentally.

“Are you worried about him?” Taemin grinned mischievously. Yes I am worrying about her. Jinki bit his lip.

“Y-Yah, it’s not like that…” Key blushed.

“He’s fine too. He’s taking care of Minho.” Taemin bit his lip. “Minho is–“

 

“Prince Taemin!”

Taemin beamed at the approaching princess. “Hello, Princess Sulli!”

“Oh my – you are really gorgeous.” Sulli chuckled. Taemin took her left hand and pecked its back. Key fought the urge to throw up right there but he rolled his eyes.

Jinki gulped. Bad move, Taemin. Don’t make her fall deeper for you… And where is Yoonhae?!

 

 

-*-

 

 

Yoonhae couldn’t support her own weight – the pain was agonizing. Losing her balance she leaned on the wall nearby to support herself. She sunk down – sitting on the soil, which was now covered with her own blood. Her shoulder stung like someone had just ran a train past it.

Junhyung had collapsed onto the ground as well. Yoonhae thought he was dead at first but judging that the wound on him was nowhere near any organ, Junhyung couldn’t have died.

 

“Yah, are you out of your mind, Yoseob?!” Doojoon scolded as he gathered Junhyung in his arms. “How can you hurt your comrade!”

“I didn’t aim any vital points, he should be okay! He probably passed out from the shock…” Yoseob retorted as he crouched next to Yoonhae – who was clutching her shoulder, breathing heavily. “Are you all right?”

“… What did– what did you do that for?” Yoonhae asked as she groaned in pain. Yoseob quickly examined Yoonhae’s wound.

 

Seconds before Junhyung shot her, Yoseob had taken out a gun and aimed it at Junhyung’s right upper arm. If he hadn’t, Yoonhae was sure Junhyung would have killed her by shooting through her heart. She was thoroughly grateful (although the pain was a ) that he missed and shot her in the shoulder instead.

“I don’t want hyung to kill anyone. And a girl at that.” Yoseob looked very guilty.

“The castle soldiers are going to be here soon.” Doojoon sighed. “Let’s get going.”

“We can’t bring her to the base.” Yoseob shook his head. “And I’m not leaving her here to die.”

“We can’t let them catch us either.”

“Hyung.”

 

Yoseob stared into Doojoon’s eyes – and the leader of the group understood. He nodded before taking Junhyung’s uninjured arm and wrapped it around his own shoulder and supported the now unconscious man up.

“You should wake Kikwang and Dongwoon up.” Doojoon advised. “I seriously don’t give a about the other two.”

“I don’t even know who they are.” Yoseob disappeared back into the building – Yoonhae’s childhood home – and came out few minutes later with two men who Yoonhae had managed to knock out before she aided Taemin and Minho’s escape.

Yoonhae wanted to tell them to leave her be – she didn’t even wish to be associated with these people – but she remained silent as she gazed into Yoseob’s eyes. The man didn’t look like he had bad intentions. The pain on her shoulder made her unable to do anything at all. She gritted her teeth, blaming herself for being so careless.

 

She totally predicted that Junhyung and the gang would be armed with weapons. But Yoseob’s action had distracted her at the wrong moment and so she didn’t manage to dodge Junhyung’s attack on time.

“Don’t pass out on me.” Yoseob told her as he carried Yoonhae bridal style. Kikwang and Dongwoon gave him a weird look.

“We’re taking her?” Dongwoon confirmed.

Yoseob nodded at him. “To the base?” Yoseob shook his head. “To where?”

“To a nearby inn. We need to treat her wounds… And Junhyungie’s too.” Doojoon answered in Yoseob’s stand and then led the way. Kikwang seemed like he wanted to ask something but shrug it off and followed – immediately went to Doojoon’s side to help him support the unconscious Junhyung.

 

“W-Why?” Yoonhae managed to whimper despite the pain that was eating her.

“We’ll tell you later.” Yoseob exchanged glances with Dongwoon. “By the way, how do we address you?”

 

 

-*-

 

 

“Please don’t do this. This is their only home… You can’t take it away from us!”

“Why can’t I? You haven’t paid for your taxes last since three months ago and I have enough waiting. I want the money now or you have to leave!”

“I’ll do something – give me some time, I’ll pay you!” A middle-aged woman cried, sinking to her knees to beg the soldiers. “Please don’t take this home away from them!”

“Aunty!” Junhyung ran out from where the six boys were hiding. The woman’s eyes widened. “Junhyung, go back to bed!”

“We were not sleeping! Why are you crying?” 7 years old Junhyung hugged the woman. “Please don’t cry!”

One by one the boys came out of the room and stared at the lady who took care of them for the past years. Their eyes began to tear as the woman sobbed.

“Aunty, don’t cry!”

“We love you!”

 

“Oh what the , is this some drama?”

The middle-aged woman glared at the soldiers who were pestering their peace. “Mind your words in front of the kids!”

“You mind your words, old hag.” One of the soldiers stepped out and grabbed the woman by the collar. “Watch who you’re talking to.”

“You are not the castle’s soldier.” The lady narrowed her eyes. “The kingdom are full of wise and reasonable people – you are just a bunch of corrupts!”

“How dare you!” The soldier slapped the woman hard in the face.

“YAH! AHJUSSI LET GO OF HER!” Hyunseung jumped onto the soldier and scratched his face.

“ARGHHHH THIS BRAT!”

The rest of the boys launched themselves on the soldiers. Unfortunately, there’s nothing much a bunch of children could do to inflict injuries on a group of trained adults, so soon the kids were whimpering and crying as the soldiers pinned them to the floor.

“H-H-How could you hurt children?!”

“I’m feeling nice. So I’m giving you until tomorrow morning to pay up.” The soldiers got up and let go of the kids and they hastily scrambled up and ran towards their guardian. “It’s not our fault you decided to take care of orphans when you are poor enough to even feed yourself!”

The soldiers left laughing. The children could do nothing but cry and hugged their guardian. The woman cried along with them, whispering to them that everything was going to be all right. But they all knew it wouldn’t be.

 
 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter