Music Shop

Broken Strings

Dara’s POV

 

We arrive at Bom’s house and were welcomed by Auntie, Bom’s sister and nephew. It feels good to be back home with the people I love. After greeting everyone, Bom accompanied me at her room carrying one enormous luggage each and place them beside her study table. My eyes started to roam at her room while I sat at the edge of her bed.

 

 

“Nothing has changed” I said while taking my shoes off.

 

 

“Yeah. I never felt like changing anything since you went away.” I can sense the sadness in her tone.

 

 

Well I can’t really blame her after what I’ve done. I’ve really became a pain-in-the- before. I’ve done stupid and reckless things. Thinking about it now, I can never go back and change things. What’s done is done. I should just focus on my future now. I don’t want to recall the past because it just makes me gloomy.

 

 

Bom sit beside me and hold my hand maybe she has an idea of what I’m thinking right now. “Santokki… You know I’m always here for you right?”

 

 

“Neh” I sigh and nodded. I know she’s always there for me. I'm grateful that I have her by my side but I just don’t want to bother her. I don’t want to burden her with my problems anymore.

 

 

I heard her sigh and stood up. “Come on. Let’s go downstairs and join them for dinner. I know you’re tired so that you can rest after.” So, we went downstairs and saw that everyone’s waiting for us in the dining area.

 

 

Dinner went smoothly and we had our fare share of laughter after recalling all the hilarious things Bom has done while I was away. She’s really an alien! She never changes and I’m glad. I felt relieved because I know I made her depressed before and I should stop making her worry, well, not only her but the people around me as well. 

 

 

After helping cleaning the dishes, I went upstairs to take a bath. It’s still early and I want to do some maintenance on my guitar. After I’ve freshened up, I borrowed Bom’s laptop and searched for a nearby musical instrument shop. Good thing there’s one so I carried my hard case with my guitar inside and went my way downstairs.

 

 

I spotted Bom in the living room watching TV so I went to her. “Hey Bommie, I’m just going to tune my guitar. I’ll be back immediately.”

 

 

She turned her head to look at me. Aigoo. She’s munching some corn again. We just ate dinner, isn’t she full yet? Maybe that’s her dessert? Aisht! She’s really weird!

 

 

“Oh. Wait. I’ll go with you. Let me get my jacket.” She stood up but I stop her raising my left arm. “Aniyo. I already searched for a nearby shop. I can manage.”

 

 

She raised one brow while looking at me intently “Are you sure? You’re not familiar with the place.”

 

 

“I already memorize the map around this area” I reason out and smile at her. I don’t want to take some of her private time. She has done a lot for me already. I don’t want to depend on her too much, I want to be independent. Leaving alone for three years, make up for that.

 

 

And relief wash over me when she bought my alibi. “Arasso. Call me if you got lost.”

 

 

“Neh. I’ll get going now.” I said then make my way out.

 

 

---

 

 

In no time I found the music shop that I searched and invite myself in. I went to the counter and found a middle aged man. “Welcome young miss. What can I help you with?” He asked.

 

 

I bow a little. “Uhm… Ajusshi… I’d like to have my guitar for some tune up and I’d like to buy new strings along with it.”

 

 

“Okay. Give me your guitar and let it be cleaned. You could sit in the lounge while waiting.” He points to the couch beside the door. “I’ll call you if we’re done with cleaning your guitar.” The old man smiled.

 

 

“Uhm… Ajusshi, can I look at the guitars over there while waiting? If you don’t mind.” I said while stealing glances at the guitars displayed in the wall.

 

 

“Oh. Of course young miss. Go ahead. I’ll just call for someone to assist you.” He said and went at the back room.

 

 

I usher myself to where the guitars are displayed. I was busy looking at the guitars when someone coughs. I turned around and face a tall man with turquoise hair color. ‘Hmm… He’s quite good looking’ I thought.

 

 

*Cough* “How can I help you with?” he asked in a husky deep voice.

 

 

“Oh. I was just looking” Wow. His hair color really stands out! Better than my pink hair! Ha!

 

 

TOP’s POV

 

Bigbang’s members decided to go to our favorite club tonight and while waiting for Jiyong to pick me up, I’m here at the back room of our Music Shop helping with some random stuff. Actually I don’t want to call it helping rather oblige me to do some stuff. To stop my father from complaining about me not helping him runs his business and to prevent him from allowing me to go out, I just follow him unwillingly.

 

 

Then appa came in and told me to assist a customer at the guitar section. So, I went there and saw a petite girl with pink hair, her back facing me. ‘Pink hair? Wow that’s so random’ I thought. I slowly went to her and cough to get her attention.

 

 

When she turned around, I was taken aback for a moment. ‘Woah! She’s pretty’ I thought but shrugged it immediately and compose myself. I don’t want to seem creepy. “How can I help you with?”

 

 

“Oh. I was just looking” She has a nice soothing voice but she has some American accent with it.

 

 

“You new here? I haven’t seen you here before.” Wait up! Where did that came from? Why do I sound very interested? I said I don’t want to be creepy yet here I am asking her a creepy question! This is weird.

 

 

“Uhm… Yes. It’s my first time to come here.” She then faces the guitars again. Maybe I scared her now! Who wouldn’t be? Aigoo. What now? I shouldn’t scare her. Appa will get mad at me and may not allow me to go out. Aisht!

 

 

“Ah… I see… “ What?! Is that all I can say? C’mon brain! Think!

 

 

The atmosphere is getting awkward. ‘I should think of something to say to ease this awkwardness!’ I thought. While I was in my zone I heard her chortle so I went beside her. “Is there something funny?”

 

 

“Aniyo. Mianhe… I just thought that it’s really awkward having a conversation with you. If someone saw us, they’ll probably think the same” she said while glancing at me.

 

 

“And why is that?” I felt relieved now. Thank gahd I didn’t scare her.

 

 

“Coz I think we look ridiculous! Having weird choices of hair color.” She bows her head and continue chuckling.

 

 

Now that I think about what she said, she’s right! We both look weird. Well at least I’m not the only weird looking person here. I remember the day when I dyed my hair silver, my parents were so shocked that they thrown a rag and water at me thinking I was some old man about to rob something from the shop and when I dyed my hair blue, they went ballistic! My umma fainted and my dad refused me to go out for about a week! But of course, I get my way around. Ha! I would sneak up and went clubbing with my friends.

 

 

“I think you’re right.” I said after I recall those events. “By the way, I’m Choi Seunghyun, but you can call me TOP” I extended my right hand in front of her.

 

 

She looks at my hand then at me maybe debating with herself if she would accept introduction from a complete stranger. That’s the reason I’m introducing myself at her. I don’t want to be some creepy stranger. Besides, there’s something inside me that wants to get to know her more. Then she extended her hand as well. “Sandara Park but you can call me Dara”.

 

 

I held her hand firmly. “That’s an unusual name but its nice meeting you Dara”

 

 

“Same here” then she let go of our hand. I unconsciously held it for a long time but it was not my intention. Swear! “But why TOP?” she suddenly asked while she tilted her head.

 

 

“That’s my stage name”

 

 

“You’re a singer?”

 

 

“Kinda. I’m a member of a 5 member band and I’m the main rapper of the group”

 

 

“Oh… “That’s the only response I heard. ‘That’s it?! Do I look like I’m lying?’

 

 

“Where are you from? Coz you kinda have an accent” I tried to continue our conversation to avoid the awkwardness again. But despite our awkwardness, I somewhat felt comfortable with her and I don’t know why It’s really weird! I think weird is the word for the day! Hahaha...

 

 

“I came from New York. I stayed there for awhile. I just got back this afternoon.”

 

 

“So that’s why you have an accent.” I saw her looking at the guitars again. “Do you know how to play?”

 

 

She took a quick glance at me then back to the guitars again. “Yeah. I play guitar since I was 8 years old.”

 

 

“How old are you by the way if you don’t mind me asking.”

 

 

“I’m 21.”

 

 

‘Woah! She doesn’t look 21 at all! I look older than her!’ that caught me off guard. “You don’t look like one”

 

 

“Thanks. I get that a lot. How about you? How old are you?”

 

 

“I’m a year younger than you. I should be calling you noona.” I smile at the thought of calling her noona wherein fact I look like I could be an oppa for her.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

ooohhhhh.....

I'm so happy!!!! ^_^

so many subscribers..... kekekeke~~~

TaintedFeathers

ApplerUra

canalime

loverC14

bloody21mary

sarahadimai

sheldane

kazoooza

gwiyeounjiyeon

pinkandblue

fallen_soul

Alone18

loveit

asiandragon

JaMhe27

Thank you for subscribing!!!!

 

and

Thank you

msjoyce1986 for promoting my story~~~~ ^_^

 

Pls continue reading my story and wait for the most awaited meeting of daragon!!! ^_^

Don't forget to subscribe and leave comments....

Take care everyone!!!!