Out of Luck

Broken Strings

 

‘Brand new day…’ Jiyong sigh heavily as he thought to himself. Yesterday, he tried to avoid Dara for the rest of the day at the academy. He wanted to prevent his heart from bursting out of his chest. He tried to divert his focus on other things to stop himself from musing over his encounter with Dara.

 

 

Time has passed by quickly and he thought that the coast is clear since he hasn’t seen 2ne1 this morning. He was back to his normal self, doing the same stuff he’s done in the past. Same routine… Same boring days… But it seems like his luck is running out as they make their way to their Homeroom class. He is sure that he will see this girl who caused his heart to penetrate out of his body.

 

 

Five guys were walking in the hallway making the crowd part into two as they headed towards their classroom. They were greeted by girls squealing, hyperventilating in the process as they passed by them.

 

 

*Sigh*

 

 

Four guys heard their friend made a loud and heavy sigh, looking dejected. Their brows furrowed and looked at each.

 

 

“Hyung, are you okay?” Daesung asked.

 

 

TOP puts his arm around Jiyong, “Is there something bothering you bro?”

 

 

“Nothing”, he answered softly.

 

 

Youngbae nudge him to get his attention, “Now really bro… You can tell us if something’s bothering you. You seem to be in a good mood awhile ago. What’s with the sudden change?”

 

 

“I-I…” he trailed. He can’t think of a better excuse with his sudden mood swing. He released another sigh before he spoke, “Maybe I’m just tired”

 

 

Suddenly, something popped in Seungri’s mind as he pictured a naughty presumption, “Tired? Why hyung? Did you do something strenuous last night? Eh?” he asked as he wiggles his eyebrows with an evil smile plastered on his face.

 

 

Jiyong stopped from his tracks and his eyes turned into tiny slits as he slowly turned around. He never thought that his reason was going to have a negative effect, far from what he expected. He felt his blood boiled and confront the latter, fuming, “Yah! How could you think that I was fooling around? “

 

 

Seungri immediately hid behind TOP as he saw his hyung flared up, “Then what makes you tired hyung?” he asked peeking behind TOP. The maknae felt grateful all of a sudden that TOP is beside him and be his defense.

 

 

“What do you think I’m doing all this time?! I can’t even sleep well at night coz I haven’t even compose one single song these past few days!” Jiyong spat.

 

 

“Hyung, don’t stress yourself too much. The festival is still far from now” Daesung stepped in front of Jiyong, he is concerned at his hyung’s state at the same time, he is scared that his hyung might pound their maknae to death right in that instant.

 

 

“I know. But we have to record new songs and we have to select thoroughly which song we will perform. There’s so much stuff to do and I don’t want to cram at the last minute.”

 

 

TOP put his hands on both of Jiyong’s shoulder, “Don’t force yourself too much Ji. You always have us as your back-up.  Don’t carry the burden by yourself.” He is indeed the oldest member. His maturity can be unfolded in times like this.

 

 

“I know. I’ll try to relax a bit” Jiyong responded, feeling a little guilty for lying at the same time grateful for having friends like them but… that is not the real reason why he feels disturbed at that moment.

 

 

‘How can I relax knowing that I’ll be seeing that girl again?!’he thought.

 

 

They didn’t press on the matter any longer to prevent disruption between their members and make headway towards their next class. Bigbang entered their room and headed towards their usual seats.

 

 

TOP’s POV

 

 

‘What has gotten to Jiyong? He seems to be feeling bummed out lately.’

 

 

Good thing Seungri learned to shut his mouth for the mean time and didn’t pushed through Jiyong’s anger coz I don’t think he’ll be able to survive the dragon’s wrath.

 

 

‘Poor maknae… Why can’t he just keep his dirty thoughts to himself?’

 

 

We make our way to our usual seats at the far end of the room. I notice most of the students from our department are already inside. I saw 2ne1 girls minus Dara having their chat.

 

 

When I was standing at the edge of their row, I ask, “Hey! Where’s Dara?”

 

 

I saw them stopped for awhile. When I locked my gaze with Bom’s, ‘is it just me or did she look sad?’ I thought for a second but shrugged that thought immediately coz this time, I saw anger reflecting in her eyes.

 

 

“She won’t be coming. She excused herself today to organize important matters.” Bom said in an icy tone.

 

 

‘What’s the matter with this Corn Monster? I didn’t do anything yet to piss her off. Maybe I was just imagining things. I thought I saw her looking sad and all but I guess I was wrong.’

 

 

I just shrugged at her cold treatment. I’m not in the mood to pester her for now. So I went to take a seat beside Jiyong.

 

 

My mind still lingers on what he had said. ‘He’s indeed a great leader’ I thought when I glanced at him. I saw him tapping his pen in his open lyrics notebook, scribbling something in between. We should focus on our music for now. We’re a group and we should be helping each other out instead of fooling around. It’s pretty unfair on his part to do this all by himself so we shouldn’t let him do all the work especially seeing him, he look distressed these past few days.

 

 

Jiyong’s POV

 

 

When we entered the room, my heart was already pounding so hard that I find it hard to breathe. My eyes started to roam around the room to search for a particular person. My gaze landed on her friends, they were chatting without the girl I am anxious to see. Relief washed over me and my breathing became even when I didn’t catch a simple glimpse of her.

 

 

We ascend towards our usual spot and I heard TOP hyung whose behind me, asked 2ne1 about Dara. My ears suddenly perked up upon hearing her name. I sat down, open my notebook and acted nonchalant about their discussion.

 

 

‘Ugh! It’s noisy in here! I couldn’t hear noona.’ I jerked forward pretending to fix my shoe lace to get an earful of their talk.

 

 

“She won’t be coming. She excused herself today to organize important matters.” Noona said and soon after, I saw hyung coming towards us so I slouch back to my seat and continue to pretend writing lyrics.

 

 

Honestly, I feel disoriented that my mind went blank and wandered off to somewhere or rather… someone.

 

 

‘I should be happy right? That I won’t be seeing her today but why do I feel disappointed? Am I unconsciously anticipating seeing her?’

 

 

I tapped the pen I was holding as I continue battling with myself.

 

 

‘What could she possibly be doing now? What important things does she have to do right now to miss her classes?’

 

 

‘Omo! Did something bad happen to her?’

 

 

‘Aisht! Why do I care so much about her when clearly I don’t even know her… at all?’

 

 

Dara’s POV

 

 

I asked appa to give me permission to leave only for today’s class. I want to transfer all my things to my new apartment and arrange things to my liking then go shopping for my other necessities. Having a chairman of the school you’re attending to as a father gives you an advantage sometimes. Kekeke~~~

 

 

I actually don’t want to attend class today to avoid seeing a certain person so I made an excuse to appa about me moving in to the apartment he and Aunt Eunjoo gave me. Appa even gave me a large sum of money to buy other stuffs.

 

 

That person is really giving me a heart attack every time I see him. After he recognized me yesterday, my heart started pounding erratically. I tried to avoid him since that incident. Good thing our classes didn’t match so I was able to breathe normally for the rest of the day.

 

 

It took me all morning to settle my things and buy new stuffs that I will need. It’s really hard to go shopping and carrying huge baggage all by yourself. It’s really boring. I should’ve asked Bommie to go with me but I know she couldn’t skip class just to assist me and I know very well that she can’t afford of not seeing her prince charming even for a day.

 

 

I arrived home all drained out. I felt really tired with all the walking and carrying heavy bags. Good thing the land owner of the building I was staying is kind enough to help me carry some back to my room.

 

 

I stock all the food I brought in the fridge and some in the cabinets above the sink. I just brought food for lunch coz I don’t have energy left for me to cook.

 

 

After I ate and wash the dishes, I went straight to my room and plopped myself in the bed face first. I feel sleep is taking over me so I closed my eyes ready to slumber then suddenly my phone vibrated inside my side pocket.

 

 

I wanted to ignore the reason for disturbing my anticipated rest but the person who’s obviously calling is very persistent. I groaned in irritation as I reached down to get my phone still with eyes closed. I didn’t even bother look who the caller is as I pressed the answer key.

 

 

“Yoboseoyo…?” I asked sleepily so that the person on the other line will get the idea that I was trying to sleep and stop bothering me.

 

 

“Yah Ssantokki! Are you still sleeping? It’s already past noon.” Voice of a guy said on the other line.

 

 

“Who… is this…?” I asked, still keeping my sleepy tone.

 

 

“Yah! Don’t you recognize your brother’s voice anymore?”

 

 

My eyes snapped open and I hastily sat at the bed. “Oh. Oppa! Mianhe… “

 

 

I heard him chuckle. “Don’t you have any plan on visiting your handsome brother? I just got back this morning and I tried to call you but I can’t reach you so I called Bomtaro and asked her your whereabouts but she told me you skip class today.”

 

 

“Oh… really? Maybe I should pay you a visit later this evening”

 

 

“Wae? Why not visit me now?” I heard him asked in confusion.

 

 

“I just got back from shopping. I’m already dead tired tidying this place up … I… uhm… want to sleep first…” I said not knowing if my answer would stir him up.

 

 

I think he is kind of suspicious to my answer as he didn’t respond right away and after awhile I heard him sigh, “Arasso… I get excited and all but it seems like you’re really tired. Take a rest first then call me later. Neh?”

 

 

“Kamsahamnida oppa. Sorry to disappoint you. I’ll just regain my energy then I’ll call you as soon as I woke up.”

 

 

“I understand… See you later Ssantokki”, then he hung up.

 

 

After the call, I feel drowsy once again. I felt really exhausted and with that, I buried my face in the pillow as I immediately found myself to dreamland.

 

 

After 4 hours of sleep, I felt energized once again. When I saw the time, I make my way towards the bathroom to freshen up. It took me awhile to shower as I enjoy the cold water running through my body. I know my brother will probably kill right now but I couldn’t care less. I took my time to prepare and as I stepped out of the shower, I put my bath robe on and head my way towards the closet. I put on my Balmain white painted biker jeans and Galiano lime green shirt. I dried my hair for a bit, arranging it to a messy bun and slid off to my Louboutin spiked flat.

 

 

I went to my bed side table and get my phone. ‘Isn’t he way too excited to meet me? Hehehehe’ I thought when I saw that there were 5 missed calls already from my brother.

 

 

I dialed his number and he picked up after one ring.

 

 

“Yah~~~ Ssantokki~~~ Where are you? I’ve been trying to call you many times. Why won’t you pick up my calls?” I heard him whine.

 

 

I giggled when I imagine his pouting face. “I was in the shower oppa. Aren’t you too excited to see your little sister?”

 

 

“It’s already 5 in the afternoon. I thought you’re just getting a quick nap. I waited but you still haven’t called me so I got worried.”

 

 

“Aigoo~~~ I’m already dressed up and ready to meet you. By the way oppa, where will we meet?”

 

 

“I’m at the studio now arranging your demo. The one that you sent before you came back. You could meet me here. I’ll text you the address. But before you go… can you do me a favor?...”

 

 

Something in his voice tells me that it wasn’t good. “Sure… What is it oppa?”

 

 

“On your way here, can you bring in some food? I got so hungry waiting for you. I’ll just pay you later.”

 

 

“Oh… Okay… So, I’ll see you later oppa” I was about to hang up when I heard him speak.

 

 

“Wait! Ssantokki, make that many. I have hungry beasts in here as well.” He said and before I could even protest, he hanged up.

 

 

I was so stupefied with his last statement. “Wah~~~ did he really wants to see me because he missed me or just to run some errands for him?”

 

 

I guess I have no choice since he hanged up on me. I got my wallet and laptop and put it in my back pack as I slid it behind me. I put on my floral skull scarf to complete my outfit and checked myself in the mirror before heading out my way to see my brother.

 

 

I stopped by a pizza parlor to order 3 large boxes of pizza. Coz according to my brother, I should bring in lots of food. Upon hearing him says hungry beasts, I assume that his guests are also boys. So I guess 3 large boxes would satisfy their hunger… well, I hope so.

 

 

I stopped by in front of a building that is artistically designed and I took a peek again to my phone to check my brother’s message containing the address he gave me. “I guess this is really is it” I said as I gaze again at the cool exterior of the building.

 

 

I went inside the building and I was greeted by the receptionist. I went to her and asked where Studio B is. She gave me the directions and I made my way towards the elevator. I pressed on the 2nd floor as the door closed. When it opened, I turn to my left and went directly to the last door in the hallway.

 

 

I may look crazy at that moment coz I was grinning like a maniac and skipping like a little kid about to enter a toy store for the first time while holding 3 large pizza boxes. Good thing that no one is around to witness my silliness besides I’m too excited to see my brother after a long time to care about people’s reaction.

 

 

When I stopped at my destination, I turn the door handle and abruptly pushed the door wide open that it crashes to the wall making a loud thud.

 

 

“Oooppppaaaa~~~!”

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hello everyone!!!

Sorry for not updating...

I was supposed to update yesterday but I forgot completely when I watched Strong Heart... kekekeke

 

Anyway...

DaRaNeEz

bigbang2ne1dbsk

DaRaLicioUs_AnNe

AlohaYB

posh93

maaaaie

sweetprologue

charizarrrd

Thank You for subscribing....

 

Keep posting your comments... ^_^