It blooms.

Fear of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(sorry this was supposed to come out yesterday, but I'm making a present for my friend that ended up being me writing over 6000 words pen and paper.)
 

 


3 beeps and a melody come from the door before a click, the model sliding it open, peeking around the corner.

 

" Minjeong, you were done that quick?" Jimin is surprised to see her living room light open, even more so to see the younger girl sitting on her couch, watching a Christopher Nolan movie.

 

Minjeong has stolen an oversized tshirt from her closet, wearing the designated 'Minjeong' sweatpants Jimin had hung up to dry this morning after the last sleep over.

 

" Yeah, I got it done quick. Rather than me... Where did you go? Isn't it kind of late? Met someone?" Jimin shuts the door before taking off the coat she had draped around her, draping it over the hanger she had in her walkway instead.

 

Pausing the movie for just a moment, Minjeong walks over to the dining table, a rectangle piece of marble that doubles as counter space, Leaning against it and resting her head on her hand, looking at the older girl suspiciously.

 

Sighing and placing the paper bag filled to the brim with snacks on the table, the model blew a breath of wind towards the younger girl, causing Minjeong to look at her with offense and disbelief. She laughs.

 

" Your salted caramel popcorn, for some reason it was out of stock and I had to run to another store to get them." Jimin takes out the bag of SC popcorn before ripping it open, taking out one of three packages and popping it into her microwave, setting the timer for 3:15 minutes.

 

" Thank you~~~ " Minjeong blows a kiss at the older woman who slices it mid air.

 

"Neck slice." 

 

A silence settles between them, neither knowing what to talk about. 

 

Minjeong decides to ask about work, the coat, why her make up was so sparkly today.

 

With the humming from the microwave accompanying their conversation about work and their day, Minjeong fell silent, listening to the older woman talk about having to audition for a walk, going for a photoshoot Minju got her, about Hyewon, the coat she had left on the hanger by her door, every little detail. 

 

Jimin raises a hand for a high five for 'her hard work' and Minjeong hesitates and the older purses her lips, letting them fall back on the counter top.

 

It would be weird if I'm suddenly distant...it's not HER fault I act like this.

 

Fully aware she's avoiding the situation, the young actress picks at the skin around her nails, nodding along to the words of the older pretending to not have seen until the model interrupts, pulling Minjeong's hands away from each other.

 

" You might rip it too far, it'll bleed." Jimin holds her hand, intertwining their fingers as she places her hand on the bottom, skin touching the cold marble surface.

 

Minjeong has half a mind to be bratty and tease the older, asking 'how do you know?' Like that tiktok sound she saw this morning. Jimin however, knows her a tad bit too well. 

 

She pushes an opened bag of chips infront of the younger girl before bringing her hand up to Minjeong's face.

 

" I have a lot of them, see?" Upon closer inspection, it was true that the older woman had hangnails on almost every single finger, some deeper than the others. 

 

The younger woman finds herself wondering if they hurt, and the older woman's reason behind having them.

 

"Your hands are precious, so if you want to pluck something, pluck mine instead." The older woman picks up a piece of chip before gesturing for the younger girl to say 'aah'

 

Clamping the chip between her front teeth, Minjeong tilt her head backwards, causing it to fall back. 

 

"It'll hurt tho?" Minjeong finds herself chuckling at the silliness of her best friend, savouring the saltiness of the crisp.

 

"Better than you getting hurt." Jimin smirks. 

 

Maybe it IS her fault. 

 

A beep comes from the microwave and Minjeong pulls their hands apart, rushing over from the other side of the counter to pull the door open by the second beep.

 

"Ding ding ding! I~ win." A fist over her lips, Jimin hides her fond smile, enamoured of the triumphant grin and crescented wink of the younger woman.

 

"Yes~ yes~" She coos, scrunching her nose at the behaviour displayed by the puppy like woman infront of her. 

 

Jimin takes out the bag, softly chanting 'that's hot, that's hot' into the room. She drops it onto the counter before Minjeong takes a hold of her hands, inspecting her fingertips for any burns, they were clear. Slightly red, but nothing serious.

 

Minjeong then opens the cabinet to the left of her, taking out a big glass bowl as Jimin shakes out the unpopped kernels into the trash.

 

The two were like a well oiled machine, they would turn to each other to rip the bag open slightly further, pouring the popped kernels out into the bowl, Minjeong holds the trash can open as Jimin turns around to throw the bag away, the younger turning on the faucet and washing her fingers before Jimin does the same too, after which she turns it off.

 

Right after, Jimin spins around to her fridge and is unsurprised at the selection of alcohol the younger has brought. It was exactly what she needed to end a good day.

 

She gets two glasses and a bottle of each along with the previously opened bag of chips before walking over to the couch.

 

Minjeong on the other hand, quickly places the bowl of popcorn onto the coffee table, running over to the house owners bedroom and taking a packet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter