A slight hiccup.

Fear of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

" Do you want to come to set tomorrow?" With Minjeong's head on her lap, Jimin could only look down fully, exposing a slight double chin that causes the actress to giggle with a dorky grin.

 

" Mmm~ Are you really inviting your girlfriend to see you with someone everyone else thinks you're dating? What if I'm a insecure woman and get jealous seeing you two be lovey dovey?" Gasping and covering her gape with her fingers, Jimin pretended to be serious about her words, which, in hindsight, there's a reason she wasn't the actress between them.

 

" But AM I dating him? Am I~~~~?" Reaching upwards for the older girl's cheek, Minjeong starts stretching Jimin's cheek and making funny expressions with the taller girl's face.

 

" No. You're dating me. You? Mine~" Jimin only grins like an idiot, causing the younger girl to huff repeatedly, her way of silently laughing so as to not overtake the movie.

 

That at this rate, neither of the two were watching. 

 

"Hey hey, that's an ick." Minjeong pokes her cheek before flipping over to her side, facing Jimin's stomach and leaning her forehead against Jimin.

 

" You're not mine?" 

 

" I'm my own independent woman. That's also in love with you and semi dependent on you, but we can skip that part." Jimin doesn't care at this point if the sentence didn't make sense or if she technically couldn't claim Minjeong as hers now.

 

Which, to be fair... There's no real need to claim Minjeong if Jimin already had the girl's heart within her hands.

 

" Alright then lover girl~" And Jimin places a palm over the girls' ear, slightly rubbing it in between her thumb and index finger.

 

"That's ticklish~" A complaint comes through.

 

"Hey, Min...what do you think it'll be like if you were blind or deaf?" Minjeong quickly lays evenly, looking up at her girlfriends wonderful under profile? Whatever it's called.

 

" Like this movie?" The two were watching an animation movie, a week after they had gotten together in the hospital room.

 

" A silent voice, or like false marigold where the character is blind?"  Back then, Minjeong had ended up crying, explaining herself and everything about being in the closet, not wanting to waste either of their efforts on their careers, everything.

 

She said everything she wanted to, bravely. And it paid off.
 

" It'll be hard to be an actress if I couldn't hear nor talk nor see... But I'd imagine a frustration going into my teens and especially in adult hood. Maybe when I'm 67 or more I'd finally accept that people have things they can and cannot do? I think it'll take me until then to stop thinking it's unfair that they experience yada yada and I can't. That I'll never be able to." 

 

It was as if a weight was lifted from the actress's shoulder, as if roots had finally uplifted from Jimin's chest.

 

" What about you?" The two had spent the next hour crying with each other, ugly crying that Aeri had enjoyed taking pictures of and teasing the two since then.

 

" If I was mute, I think that's the only one that would be fine. Models don't talk much on the job itself but if I became deaf I think I would fall apart from not ever being able to hear your voice again. If I was blind that would too but if I had to choose between seeing you or hearing you I would choose hearing you." Since then, Minjeong had spent every night at Jimin's apartment, Ning had even joked that she should start paying rent at this point when the four hung out for a movie marathon.

 

" Let's not go blind, no using our phones in the dead of night before sleep." It was tranquil, peacefully loving. 

 

" Ah- that's hard..." But that didn't mean everything was perfect.

 

" Jjiman, did you upload something?" Minjeong sat up, flashing her phone screen to Jimin.

 

A picture of the actress eating ice cream from an hour ago.

 

" Hm? Oh yea, insta story." Jimin takes out her phone, already knowing where this is going.

 

" Babe... it's not that I don't like being flaunted or posted but-" The actress feels bad. Horrid even.

 

"Yeah, I got you. Don't worry, see? Bye bye Mindoongie~" Trying to lighten the mood, the taller woman makes a display of pressing the delete button before setting the picture as her Home Screen instead.

 

" I'm sorry..." The younger woman only looks to her lap, feeling awful about not being able to have a normal relationship with the raven.

 

" It's alright, you're right either way. You worked hard for this, I did too. It's fine, seriously." Leaning on Minjeong's shoulder, Jimin closed her eyes and took in the moment.

 

" I'm happy that you're here with me, it's enough." 

 

 

 

" Oh, you didn't have any castings to do today?" Aeri looked up from her phone, hearing murmurs from the staff members on set about a tall unreal looking woman. A doll, pretty, cg like, ai. 

 

There's only one person that would visit this set in particular that would fit those descriptions, her best friend's best friend's girlfriend. In other words, a good friend of hers, Yu Jimin.

 

" I guess I'll be jobless for abit~ Aeri ya, feed me." Seeing the older woman meep at her with begging eyes, Aeri immediately threw a packet of mints at her. Scrunching her face with an expression of pure disgust.

 

If there was one thing she wishes she would never see again it would be the aegyo of her older friend. 

 

Never again.

 

" DO NOT EVE-" Jimin bursts out laughing at the reaction of the younger woman, the leather jacket hanging over her shoulder falling forward and having to be caught by a luckily fast reacting Aeri.

 

It strikes a sense of Deja vu within the manager, exactly how Minjeong laughs, although there wasn’t any high notes or smacking her.

 

Until there was, the palms landing on her shoulder were slightly heavier than Minjeong’s usual slaps, slightly painful. She kicks Jimin in the shin for her to stop, getting a yelp in turn.

 

" We're rolling here!!" And the two immediately quietened down before glancing at each other and immediately kicking each other’s shins, whispering for the other to be quiet as if they weren’t already.

 

Both girls were really close friends, comfortably close enough to tease and assault each other. 

 

Even at first.

 

The two had clicked almost immediately, Aeri was hired within the first week of Minjeong’s on screen debut when the previous manager had gotten fired over leaking information, and being stuck with Minjeong meant being stuck together with Jimin too. 

 

The duo was like a buy one get one free deal, and being friends with Jimin meant becoming friends with Ning Yizhuo, a young model with an impressive portfolio for her age. 

 

If Aeri were to be honest, she was finding herself tongue tied out of breath during their first meeting. 

 

Like a love song faded its way into her ears, like a opening intro of a slice of life anime with little shots of rain on leaves, of the gas clicking and tomatoes being diced, like a cat yawning on the top of a stone wall, like lovers running under a gazebo, drenched from the rain.

 

Like teenagers running out into the rain, laughing and spinning with each other. Like sipping a cup of hot coffee, looking out the window to see the rain come to a stop, to see the way the sun shines down once again.

 

Like love. Aeri realised she was in love, not that it meant she would confess anytime soon.

 

She had to make sure the younger girl was head over heels before that.

 

 

 

 

"I'm guessing you guys had fun making me redo the wide shot?" The two were still trying to step on each other’s shoes when Minjeong finally walked up to them, arms crossed with fake bruises on her face and wounds on her lip.

 

The raven haired model would purse her lips, affected by the look her girlfriend had on right now.

 

Not that normal Minjeong had any less of an effect, but somehow androgynous

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter