Can’t you love me?

Fear of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"How unfair, for someone to be this enchanting, away from reality, lids closed, breath drumming." Jimin shut the tv off, finished with their third movie for the night. 
 

It seemed Minjeong had taken an early leave from the marathon, as the actress was snoring, chewing her bottom lip, with cheek pushed up. 

 

An adorable sight. One that only fortified the new found feelings the older woman had for her.

 

Because it didn't matter if she's only just come into realisation what these feelings meant, it's a love that feels almost paralyzing.

 

A love that leaves her breathless, smiling to herself as her fingers brush a lock of hair away from the girl's face.

 

Yu Jimin, known at work as Karina Yu, was in love. 

 

A love deeper than any she has experienced, a love that could rival that of motherly love, except of a different nature. 

 

There's no words to truly paint the way she realises she loves Kim Minjeong.

 

Loving the girl came as easy as breathing, what she just experienced was like that one day you thought about breathing and suddenly needed to remind yourself to breath.

 

Loving Minjeong came as easy speaking, she already was, she just came to know what she was doing was called speaking.

 

But that wasn't a good explanation too.

 

Is it really right to say she's been in love with the younger girl this whole time? Considering only when the girl had smiled at her a little differently, said something out of character, made her world stop for a moment that she realised?

 

She's no longer a child, why didn't she realise it before if she WAS already in love?

 

Not that it matters.

 

Because as Yu Jimin picks the girl up off the couch, after having ran off to leave her bedroom door open.

 

Kim Minjeong begins to dream.

 

That meant her best friend whose always had a tendency to slightly sleeptalk started mumbling.

 

And the words she spoke, blooms once again in the woman's heart.

 

It blooms a flower.

 

 

"I can't. I can't love you. Not you....it can't be you Jimi..." Minjeong slurs over her words, but the coherent words were enough.

 

Yu Jimin has realised her feelings.

 

For someone who couldn't love her.

 

 

Tw: mentions of religion and Homophobia. 
You are loved. It will never be a sin to love, no matter who it is you have fallen for. 

You are brave for falling so genuinely, so passionately, so whole-heartedly.
I'm proud of you.

 

 

The raven lays her red headed love gently onto the bed, careful to not wake the woman as she brought a pillow under the girl's head.

 

She leans over, grabbing the blanket into the air closer to her before unfolding said cloth.

 

"I can't love you...please, don't make this harder for me." 

 

Jimin wonders if this was a cruel joke by the lord. Punishment perhaps, for falling in love with the one from the same gender, for falling in love with someone whose never looked her way with eyes of romance.

 

 

A cruel cruel joke.

 

 

For her sins.

 

"Don't do this to me, Minjeong. Don't do this to me." She clasps the sleeping beauty's hand within her own, sliding down onto the floor besides the bed, looking down to hide her tears from the world.

 

"Lord, I have sinned. I have fallen, unregretfully."  She presses her fingertips onto each other, looking out her bedroom window to the moon. 

 

A bubble raises up from her lungs, she coughs.

 

A flower petal.

 

"...Of course..." 

 

 

The sun has already fully risen by the time Minjeong had woken up to see Jimin leaning against the bathroom door, eyes closed as she sat on the floor, legs spread apart.

 

She was sure the woman had a better alcohol tolerance than her, yet why does it look as if Jimin had gone to a party, came back, puked her hearts out and fell asleep outside the bathroom, afraid she would puke on her own bed?

 

"Silly." Checking the time on her phone that Jimin had enough sense to charge for her, the time displayed was 8:30 am. Minjeong quickly unlocks the device before texting Aeri with the amount of hours she had slept.

 

Her manager doesn't reply and she's grateful for that, she might be constantly teased by the woman but her manager was also one of her only friends she was able to talk about anything to.

 

Well, maybe not anything and everything. 

 

The two of them, due to the gruelling and semi inhuman filming times for her first few movies, had developed insomnia, only able to sleep after 4 am, only able to wake before 8.

 

But perhaps Minjeong should be thankful for the extra 30 minutes she's gotten today. Which would be all thanks to Jimin who has fallen asleep leaning against a bathroom door. Hilarious.

 

"...I'll make something to eat." 

 

Softly turning the knob of the bedroom door and shutting it closed, very quietly, Minjeong made her way to the living room.

 

She gathers the empty bottles, dirty bowls and the empty chip bag underneath the remote. 

 

Seriously, that's a bad habit, Jimin unnie.

 

Throwing them all into the trash, the bowl into the sink of course, the girl quickly washed the bowl before once again running her hands through the water.

 

She then turns around to the fridge, taking out four eggs, two tomatoes along with a packet of salmon Jimin had in her fridge. 

 

That girl and her salmon addiction... this one has the skin attached so I'm gonna go ahead and guess she wasn't gonna eat this raw...right?

 

A pause.

 

I'll buy her the whole fish later if that's what she wanted. For forgiveness.

 

Was Minjeong 'no need to work for the rest of her life' rich? No. She was literally only 23, she has at least 65 more years ahead of her.

 

Was she 'Can buy anything she wants on a whim' rich? Sort of, she could buy a mansion or two but that's about it. 

 

So yes, she'll buy a whole salmon for Jimin every single day if she really wanted to.

 

But that's a weird thing to do for a friend. So maybe she shouldn't even have the thought.

 

She grabs a scissors from the drawer next to the dining table and cuts the packet open, placing it onto the side of the cutting board before grabbing a knife. 

 

She runs the tomatoes under the water before slicing them into slices, placing them on the opposing side of the cutting board before chopping the salmon into 4, 2 for her, 2 for Jimin.

 

She cracks the eggs, throwing the shells into the trash can and leaving the eggs in a smaller bowl, a fry pan, and a spatula is equipped before she turns on the heat of the induction stove. 

 

A light drizzle of oil, she waits for the oil to heat up as she slathers the salmon skin with a brush of butter

 

Once the oil was slightly bubbling but not popping, she ups the heat before dropping the salmon in, skin first.

 

Sliding the pan back and forth, she quickly lifts the handle upwards before continuing the movement, expecting fire.

 

Before she realises.

 

Right- 

 

Satisfied with the slight browning of the skin, she  flips the salmon before lowering the heat, allowing the meat to cook thoroughly. 

 

She drops a small cube of butter into the pan along with herbs she had previously purchased for Jimin's apartment.

 

Grabbing a small tea spoon, she scoops the butter up and douses the salmon over and over again until the sides of the fish cooked through too.

 

She grabs two big plates, tossing the salmon ontop before grabbing a pair of chopsticks to position the skin so i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter